The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so.... I am just shooting around here.
I decided to do digging on Clue #6 and I ended up at a venue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (don't ask me how...I don't even know how myself). This isn't the Capitol of wisconsin, but it does have a Capitol road. Dawn of the Dead takes place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So maybe that's it.
I also managed to find the location of all of the other tour destinations, the ones that take place at the Capitol (I know this is probably wrong, but hey, new perspective) of a state are: Columbus, OH; Boston, MA; Maybe Washignton D.C counts?; and North Little Rock, AR.
I think Dawn of the Dead could possibly work as a scarezone? Though, I'm sick of the oversaturation of zombies. This could confirm the idea of Zombieland since Columbus is a name of a character and it's one of the tour destinations.

Reactions: londonwerecat
People can get mad that HHN is "pandering" to teens... but teens don't have bills (at least not like those 21 and up). A higher percentage of their income is disposable. It's also important to remember that Billie Eilish is popular with more than "teens." Frankly, HHN purists need to get over the fact that HHN isn't "theirs" and meant for more people than them.

With that, a new clue for the week.

View attachment 11562

And, because there's a new clue, you get a new shortcut.

Shortcut for Clue #6 - "Capitol"

Do we get a letter with this new clue (H, Z, etc.)?

Here's the background. This artist is named Old Man River. He is an Australian-Israeli songwriter who was born Ohad Rein. Birthday is April 18, 1979. In 2009, his song "Sunshine" won the Blues & Roots Work of the Year at the APRA Awards.

He grew up in Sydney. Lived in Europe and Israel as well. Was a contestant on The Voice Israel.

The image itself is from levontin7.com. It talks about a festive celebration with special guests The International Project of Ehad Rein.

GUESSING:
1a) Found it interesting that he goes by both Ohad and Ehad - not sure if Ehad is his Israeli way of saying his name or what. So I searched through his name and found and actor named Ehad Berisha, who was in a short film called "She Came From The Woods" which is a 12 minute short about a campfire story that comes to life for a group of counselors on the last day of summer at Camp Briarbrook.

1b) Obviously another movie about a group of Camp Counselors comes to mind - Friday the 13th. So something "Jason-related" would be my first guess.

2a) The birthday is an obvious starting place - April 18, 1979. Some interesting tidbits from that. Eli Roth was born on April 18, 1972. Britt Robertson, who was in Scream 4, was born on April 18, 1990. The 10th Dr. Who (David Tennant) was born on April 18, 1971. Notable movies released in 1979 include: Alien, Amityville Horror, Phantasm, and When A Stranger Calls. Also, The Curse of La Llorana was released on Friday, April 19 - but the first showings were the night of April 18.

2b) None of these seem like great connections. So, I'm gonna go back to the well with Conjuring Universe.

* A Hail Mary theory that isn't an official guess because it's just way too far off. The TV show Real People was launched on April 18, 1979. There is a Netflix horror show called "Haunted" that advertises "Real People. Real stories. Really scary". Since we had Stranger Things the past couple of years, it seems like the relationship is strong enough for a lower-end IP property like this.

Do we get a letter with this new clue (H, Z, etc.)?

Here's the background. This artist is named Old Man River. He is an Australian-Israeli songwriter who was born Ohad Rein. Birthday is April 18, 1979. In 2009, his song "Sunshine" won the Blues & Roots Work of the Year at the APRA Awards.

He grew up in Sydney. Lived in Europe and Israel as well. Was a contestant on The Voice Israel.

The image itself is from levontin7.com. It talks about a festive celebration with special guests The International Project of Ehad Rein.

GUESSING:
1a) Found it interesting that he goes by both Ohad and Ehad - not sure if Ehad is his Israeli way of saying his name or what. So I searched through his name and found and actor named Ehad Berisha, who was in a short film called "She Came From The Woods" which is a 12 minute short about a campfire story that comes to life for a group of counselors on the last day of summer at Camp Briarbrook.

1b) Obviously another movie about a group of Camp Counselors comes to mind - Friday the 13th. So something "Jason-related" would be my first guess.

2a) The birthday is an obvious starting place - April 18, 1979. Some interesting tidbits from that. Eli Roth was born on April 18, 1972. Britt Robertson, who was in Scream 4, was born on April 18, 1990. The 10th Dr. Who (David Tennant) was born on April 18, 1971. Notable movies released in 1979 include: Alien, Amityville Horror, Phantasm, and When A Stranger Calls. Also, The Curse of La Llorana was released on Friday, April 19 - but the first showings were the night of April 18.

2b) None of these seem like great connections. So, I'm gonna go back to the well with Conjuring Universe.

* A Hail Mary theory that isn't an official guess because it's just way too far off. The TV show Real People was launched on April 18, 1979. There is a Netflix horror show called "Haunted" that advertises "Real People. Real stories. Really scary". Since we had Stranger Things the past couple of years, it seems like the relationship is strong enough for a lower-end IP property like this.
H.

And this one doesn’t have a date connection. It’s just a clever connection.

(I’ve started to realize how much these clues are like what Murdy use to do.)

Reactions: Kadath and bobo5162
H.

(I’ve started to realize how much these clues are like what Murdy use to do.)

Probably why none of the dates were working for me. So you're saying that my mindset on guess 1 is more in tune with this clue than my mindset on guess 2?

With that, a new clue for the week.

View attachment 11562

I like these better anyway - gives me a chance to spread my wings and go deep down some weird rabbit holes. So bear with me.

WEIRD THEORY #1. In the band Old Man River (it's his name AND the name of his band), his Bass Guitarist is named Liam Flanagan. Liam Flanagan is ALSO the name of an 8-year old boy who tragically died of a flesh-eating bacteria. Could mean Cabin in the Woods. However, given the tragedy of the story, I don't think @Legacy would use this as a clue. But it was the first connection that popped up in my investigation, so thought I'd mention it - but also condolences to his family.

WEIRD THEORY #2. The band has a song called "La". Could be a clue to "La Llorana".

WEIRDEST THEORY #3. The band has a song called "You're on My Mind ". Searching that phrase, I came across those exact lyrics from the band "Wallows". The song that contains those lyrics is called "1980s Horror Film". According to a fan who attended one of their concerts, the lead singer explained that "the 1980s film discussed in the track is Halloween 4." So, could be a clue for something Halloween. But, it's a big stretch - say if @Legacy knows the answer is Halloween 5, he would have had to find Wallows and pick out that exact line to backtrack to the song by Old Man River. That's a tough one.

BEST THEORY #4. The band has a song called "Norway". Looked up Norwegian horror films and came across one called Trollhunter, which got excellent reviews and was apparently pretty popular. Looking at the images from the movie, it looks like it could make a pretty awesome house. So, that was going to be my guess based on these breadcrumbs; however, I figured "why not?" and clicked on the name of the Director (André Øvredal) just on the off chance something connected further. And, low and behold, he was also the director of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. And, doing a "reverse mindset", if SSTTITD is the answer, working backwards I could see @Legacy start with the director, see that he is Norwegian, and search for any songs or movies with "Norway" in the title, which could lead him to Old Man River and the clue image. So, my FINAL and BEST ANSWER is: Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

I like these better anyway - gives me a chance to spread my wings and go deep down some weird rabbit holes. So bear with me.

WEIRD THEORY #1. In the band Old Man River (it's his name AND the name of his band), his Bass Guitarist is named Liam Flanagan. Liam Flanagan is ALSO the name of an 8-year old boy who tragically died of a flesh-eating bacteria. Could mean Cabin in the Woods. However, given the tragedy of the story, I don't think @Legacy would use this as a clue. But it was the first connection that popped up in my investigation, so thought I'd mention it - but also condolences to his family.

WEIRD THEORY #2. The band has a song called "La". Could be a clue to "La Llorana".

WEIRDEST THEORY #3. The band has a song called "You're on My Mind ". Searching that phrase, I came across those exact lyrics from the band "Wallows". The song that contains those lyrics is called "1980s Horror Film". According to a fan who attended one of their concerts, the lead singer explained that "the 1980s film discussed in the track is Halloween 4." So, could be a clue for something Halloween. But, it's a big stretch - say if @Legacy knows the answer is Halloween 5, he would have had to find Wallows and pick out that exact line to backtrack to the song by Old Man River. That's a tough one.

BEST THEORY #4. The band has a song called "Norway". Looked up Norwegian horror films and came across one called Trollhunter, which got excellent reviews and was apparently pretty popular. Looking at the images from the movie, it looks like it could make a pretty awesome house. So, that was going to be my guess based on these breadcrumbs; however, I figured "why not?" and clicked on the name of the Director (André Øvredal) just on the off chance something connected further. And, low and behold, he was also the director of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. And, doing a "reverse mindset", if SSTTITD is the answer, working backwards I could see @Legacy start with the director, see that he is Norwegian, and search for any songs or movies with "Norway" in the title, which could lead him to Old Man River and the clue image. So, my FINAL and BEST ANSWER is: Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

While I don't think trollhunter is the answer since the movie has giant trolls in them SSTTITD sounds possible

I’m confused why we can’t have a Halloween 2018 house if it’s by universal and Blumhouse?

Because Miramax won’t allow it. Strange when you consider they’re not owned by the Mouse anymore, but it is what it is.

H5 seems like it would be a given, but you never know. It’s basically to H4 what Kills is to the new series.

I may have missed this but has the IP to original ratio been revealed yet? I feel like if there is more originals we can at least confirm this is abosultely an anniversary year.

Because Miramax won’t allow it. Strange when you consider they’re not owned by the Mouse anymore, but it is what it is.

H5 seems like it would be a given, but you never know. It’s basically to H4 what Kills is to the new series.
That’s really odd and really unfortunate. I honestly hated the Halloween 4 house and wasn’t very fond of H5 as a movie but it does seem extremely likely for a house this year. Honestly I would love to see a original house based on Micheal if that be possible at all

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
That’s really odd and really unfortunate. I honestly hated the Halloween 4 house and wasn’t very fond of H5 as a movie but it does seem extremely likely for a house this year. Honestly I would love to see a original house based on Micheal if that be possible at all

Yeah H4 was awful. It proved that people will flock to it if it’s Michael though, regardless of whether it’s a lesser known/liked entry in the franchise. But given that Halloween is a “straight” horror property I’ll give it some leeway.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
I don’t think it’s gatekeeping to observe that “teens” at recent horror nights have been fairly obnoxious in general. And that’s to say nothing of billie’s music in particular.
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million more times if I have too. I’ve seen some rude and annoying teens. And I’ve seen twice as many drunk grown adults behaving way worse. Unfortunately that’s just humanity and not much you can do about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.