The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!
First off, thanks for keeping the off season fun. Reading through all 100 pages has been an adventure. I'm excited to join in finally.
Second, I have two ideas to pitch, just based off of Legacy's most recent help and JJ's beautiful chart.

Clue 3: M for Merchandising. Extended. The Tribute Store was extended last year. There was a lot of talk about the past and stuff surrounding this clue, and when JJ brought up AHS and Aliens, two past things they've done, Legacy said something about being on the right track. So my guess is the return of the tribute store (these clues don't have to be something we don't expect), but it's going to be decorated a la 25 with old props from past houses/zones. A dream would be retro merch for sale based on past years but that would be pushing it.

Clue 8: L for Logo. This one is basic. I think the logo is going to incorporate a bloody cake for the anniversary year. I know this doesn't follow any date rules laid out but I'm still new to this haha. The only other thing that comes to mind is Fall Out Boy's American Beauty/American Psycho. American Psycho came out in 2000, same year as Jack's first appearance.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So this is a little out of left field..

But what are the chances some of these "date" clues are actually hinting at a date. Like, a date of an announcement?

So this is a little out of left field..

But what are the chances some of these "date" clues are actually hinting at a date. Like, a date of an announcement?
Unlikely. Announcement dates tend to be a bit of a moving feast and can be shifted at late notice due to external factors. Think last year quite a few announcements were shifted and moved for one reason or another.

Clue 3: M for Merchandising. Extended. The Tribute Store was extended last year. There was a lot of talk about the past and stuff surrounding this clue, and when JJ brought up AHS and Aliens, two past things they've done, Legacy said something about being on the right track. So my guess is the return of the tribute store (these clues don't have to be something we don't expect), but it's going to be decorated a la 25 with old props from past houses/zones. A dream would be retro merch for sale based on past years but that would be pushing it.

I'm not getting into the speculation game too much this year (but I love people working through Legacy's puzzles), but this could be something interesting to me at least.

The HHN Tribute Store space is now a Mardi Gras space with significant theming (for a store) and 2 instagram walls. Combine that with how they did the shop last year with the properties, it could be an immersive space they can use for social media and show past icons or original works for people to show it off online. I highly doubt they'd strike up licencing deals just for a store/merch to show past outside IP, but what do I know?

I'm not getting into the speculation game too much this year (but I love people working through Legacy's puzzles), but this could be something interesting to me at least.

The HHN Tribute Store space is now a Mardi Gras space with significant theming (for a store) and 2 instagram walls. Combine that with how they did the shop last year with the properties, it could be an immersive space they can use for social media and show past icons or original works for people to show it off online. I highly doubt they'd strike up licencing deals just for a store/merch to show past outside IP, but what do I know?

Would make sense based on the rumoured properties coming. I can't see Candyman or The Conjuring shifting the same amount of merchandise as Ghostbusters, Monsters and Stranger Things did. So assuming those IPs do come, Universal might well want to do something else to make sure sales of t-shirts and tumblers are strong for another year.

Possibilities aren’t endless.

Here... this is something that MAY help.

Clue 1 - H
Clue 2 - H
Clue 3 - M
Clue 4 - H
Clue 5 - S
Clue 6 - Z
Clue 7 - H
Clue 8 - L

EDIT - And, here’s some shortcuts.

Clue 1 - Secondary
Clue 2 - Post-Ed
Clue 3 - Extended
Clue 4 - Festival
Clue 5 - Winner
Updated list of clues and guesses. I'm going to thumbnail this so it doesn't take up an entire page as it gets longer and longer. If you guys prefer that I paste the full image instead of the thumbnail, please let me know and I will do so going forward. Thanks!

View attachment 11554

Any chance we can mash these together. Love the work, but may make it a bit more organized.

EDIT- That was already done. I'll show myself out.

Last edited:
Would make sense based on the rumoured properties coming. I can't see Candyman or The Conjuring shifting the same amount of merchandise as Ghostbusters, Monsters and Stranger Things did. So assuming those IPs do come, Universal might well want to do something else to make sure sales of t-shirts and tumblers are strong for another year.

This is why they should’ve saved Monsters for this year. Could a lagoon show be what sells them the most merch?

Last edited:
Is there a chance that A Quiet Place 2 could come? Bound to be a hit at the movies, and could make a really cool/scary house.

You know...You might have something here. Any other connections we can make?

I mean, we could go off Christian Bale. His birth year is 1974 which is the release year of the O.G Black Christmas, but it's not a house clue. :(

The song American Pie is about The Day The Music Died, which happened at Clear Lake Iowa. There is a horror property around a sorta "Crystal Clear" Lake. But again. Wishful thinking for houses.

How about the date February 3rd, 1959? Any ideas regarding that if we follow OhHaiInternet's idea of L= Location?

Would love to if it makes the process better. No idea how to do that on this board though. Walkthrough anyone?
Think of the shortcuts as hints. I’m calling them “shortcuts” because they’ll move you a touch closer to my solutions.

Think of the shortcuts as hints. I’m calling them “shortcuts” because they’ll move you a touch closer to my solutions.

Oh THOSE shortcuts. My bad. I thought you were talking about posting the spreadsheet as a shortcut. Nevermind, I took my stupid pills this morning apparently.

Reactions: Grabnar
As far as merch goes this year the only thing I see being a true seller is some sort of slasher rather it be Freddy, Jason, Micheal, chucky prob no rumors yet but Friday the 13th does turn 40 years this year but also those rights are a mess right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.