The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Clue 5 was Billie, and that the rumor is she has the lagoon, I don’t think L is lagoon. Dunno what it could be though—location? He did say one of the recent clues was likely a false rumor. So guessing it’s that one.

Last edited:
Possibilities aren’t endless.

Here... this is something that MAY help.

Clue 1 - H
Clue 2 - H
Clue 3 - M
Clue 4 - H
Clue 5 - S
Clue 6 - Z
Clue 7 - H
Clue 8 - L

EDIT - And, here’s some shortcuts.

Clue 1 - Secondary
Clue 2 - Post-Ed
Clue 3 - Extended
Clue 4 - Festival
Clue 5 - Winner

Yes, that is greatly helpful. Thank you!

And another rumor gets another clue.

This one is both really easy and really hard.

View attachment 11529

Okay, this one is tough. I don't feel good about any of my tracking on this, but I'll take a couple of swings anyway.

ASA E6-B Flight Computer
E-6B was developed by Lt. Philip Dalton.
Philip Dalton was born April 1, 1903 and died on July 25, 1941.

My 3 best guesses on this:
1-April 1 (his birthdate) sticks out. So it could be a reference to April Fools Day. Possibly the movie, or just possibly an original house based on April Fools Day folklore and traditions.
2-1941 is the clue. Couldn't find anything specifically on July 25 of 1941, but the movie The Wolfman (among others) was released in 1941 - so with this guess it would be some sort of Universal Monsters versus house.
3-July 25 is the clue. Nothing specific on July 25 of 1941, but July 25 happens to be the birthdate of Irwin Yablans, who was the executive producer for the first three Halloween films. So this guess would be some sort of Halloween house.

Again, I don't like any of these guesses. I'm not connecting at all on this one unfortunately.

Okay, this one is tough. I don't feel good about any of my tracking on this, but I'll take a couple of swings anyway.

ASA E6-B Flight Computer
E-6B was developed by Lt. Philip Dalton.
Philip Dalton was born April 1, 1903 and died on July 25, 1941.

My 3 best guesses on this:
1-April 1 (his birthdate) sticks out. So it could be a reference to April Fools Day. Possibly the movie, or just possibly an original house based on April Fools Day folklore and traditions.
2-1941 is the clue. Couldn't find anything specifically on July 25 of 1941, but the movie The Wolfman (among others) was released in 1941 - so with this guess it would be some sort of Universal Monsters versus house.
3-July 25 is the clue. Nothing specific on July 25 of 1941, but July 25 happens to be the birthdate of Irwin Yablans, who was the executive producer for the first three Halloween films. So this guess would be some sort of Halloween house.

Again, I don't like any of these guesses. I'm not connecting at all on this one unfortunately.
I'm so lazy and unconfident that I don't even bother to delve into guesses. I'm so glad you guys do the work for me lol

Kind of off topic, but I was watching highlights from HHN 28 last night and i was wondering if there were any changes that they could make to the houses to make the scares less predictable. Even on video I could tell exactly when and where the scares would be coming from and it's always the same when walking through them in person. I understand there is only so much they can do and they need to have enough room between the actors and the people, but is there ANYTHING else they can do to make things less predictable?

Reactions: londonwerecat
Kind of off topic, but I was watching highlights from HHN 28 last night and i was wondering if there were any changes that they could make to the houses to make the scares less predictable. Even on video I could tell exactly when and where the scares would be coming from and it's always the same when walking through them in person. I understand there is only so much they can do and they need to have enough room between the actors and the people, but is there ANYTHING else they can do to make things less predictable?

Rely more on imagery for one. Depths did this perfectly IMO. Also see my idea "The Unseen" in the wish list thread.

This is precisely why I don't want more houses. More tricks they need to use = higher likelihood of getting repetitive year after year.

Last edited:
Can they? Yes. But the best way to hide scares (drop doors, sliding doors, and scrims) introduce mechanical complications and a separation between the guests and the performer that weakens the scare's impact. Also, BECAUSE of their effectiveness, they can actually desensitize guests quicker than a full-size boohole.

Hiding scares is actually pretty difficult (and gets progressively more so the further into the run). The scare has to be visible to be effective (scares from behind rarely work), and has to fit a person which makes the holes noticeably large. A lot of scares hidden by curtains are impossible to see during rehearsal nights, but once it starts moving a gap forms.

It's a big reason why distractions are so important. You will rarely see a single performer in a room by themselves, unless there is a big set-piece. More mundane rooms will always have 2-4 scares. Because those other scares are actually distractions in and of themselves.

This doesn't take into account guests experience. Someone who has been through a lot of houses knows what to look for, and looks for clues whether they mean to or not. Less experience guests (or people who can allow themselves be overwhelmed by everything) don't look for the clues, and can get bigger scares.

It's a big reason why distractions are so important. You will rarely see a single performer in a room by themselves, unless there is a big set-piece. More mundane rooms will always have 2-4 scares. Because those other scares are actually distractions in and of themselves.

Yeti did this so so well. The yeti right after the heart rip made me actually scream twice.

Can they? Yes. But the best way to hide scares (drop doors, sliding doors, and scrims) introduce mechanical complications and a separation between the guests and the performer that weakens the scare's impact. Also, BECAUSE of their effectiveness, they can actually desensitize guests quicker than a full-size boohole.

Hiding scares is actually pretty difficult (and gets progressively more so the further into the run). The scare has to be visible to be effective (scares from behind rarely work), and has to fit a person which makes the holes noticeably large. A lot of scares hidden by curtains are impossible to see during rehearsal nights, but once it starts moving a gap forms.

This doesn't take into account guests experience. Someone who has been through a lot of houses knows what to look for, and looks for clues whether they mean to or not. Less experience guests (or people who can allow themselves be overwhelmed by everything) don't look for the clues, and can get bigger scares.

Yep - agree on the drop/sliding doors for sure - also use of light/darkness to disorient. For me, that's why Graveyard Games (when it was done at optimal capacity) was the best house last year in my eyes. The use of the crypt door drops and the use of light in the kids section was pretty spot on. Maybe that's why Ghostbusters missed so badly with me.

I know the Twilight Zone is still a thing with Disney, but the keys clue is something I can’t stop thinking about. The album is called “Perception” and has keys in the cover, which makes me think of the line in the TZ intro “You unlock this door with the key of imagination...”.

I know the Twilight Zone is still a thing with Disney, but the keys clue is something I can’t stop thinking about. The album is called “Perception” and has keys in the cover, which makes me think of the line in the TZ intro “You unlock this door with the key of imagination...”.
Could be another fake one we know isn’t coming like dr who

This has been the biggest issue with Hollywood's design and execution, like a victim of budget shortfalls, in recent years. Too many rooms rely on a single performer, whose hole is usually plain as day even to the less discerning guest.

Yeti did this so so well. The yeti right after the heart rip made me actually scream twice.
Between this and the door scare yeti easily had the best less predictable scares last year!

Don't forget the elevated distraction yeti right before the arm swings down.

When the timing worked out on this one I saw people drop to their knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.