The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As somebody who truly loves this movie I do not understand why everybody wants to see it as a house or zone so bad? Sure the movies semi creepy but there’s not any major set pieces like Ghostbusters. And ghostbusters was a fun house and all but overall it was one of the weakest houses of the year.
I want to walk through the movie. Simple as.

Anyone else feel that they wouldn't do two paranormal themed houses. I would love to see a new version of Legendary Truth with modern technology but if they're rumored to do Conjuring; I don't see them doing two houses based off paranormal.
They have at least 10 houses, if they want to do 2 paranormal houses they will. Epically if the 11 house rumor is true.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
If it’s between Legendary Truth and Conjuring they would definitely take Conjuring. If Conjuring doesn’t happen though Legendary Truth has a better shot

Anyone else feel that they wouldn't do two paranormal themed houses. I would love to see a new version of Legendary Truth with modern technology but if they're rumored to do Conjuring; I don't see them doing two houses based off paranormal.
It would be like having two cabin houses or two zombies houses or two spirits seek vengeance houses. Basically, HHN 23...

There’s, also, that whole originals/IPs being confused for each other thing. Conjuring could be LT or LT could be Conjuring.

Wyandot Estate heavily pulled from Hill House. I think Dead End did, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
It would be like having two cabin houses or two zombies houses or two spirits seek vengeance houses. Basically, HHN 23...

There’s, also, that whole originals/IPs being confused for each other thing. Conjuring could be LT or LT could be Conjuring.

Wyandot Estate heavily pulled from Hill House. I think Dead End did, too.

HHN 20 had three paranormal houses and two virus houses.

Reactions: mystiquephreeq
Saw The Invisible Man tonight and thought it was fantastic.

I don't know how it would be as a house though since it would involve a lot of "unseen" elements that would get lost during a house walkthrough where you are constantly moving.

Saw The Invisible Man tonight and thought it was fantastic.

I don't know how it would be as a house though since it would involve a lot of "unseen" elements that would get lost during a house walkthrough where you are constantly moving.
I don’t think it will be a house but I would be lying if I didn’t think of a heavy effects type of house with very few scare actors that could be pretty cool. Especially puffs of air to make you feel like some thing is in the house with you or something

I don’t think it will be a house but I would be lying if I didn’t think of a heavy effects type of house with very few scare actors that could be pretty cool. Especially puffs of air to make you feel like some thing is in the house with you or something
After watching invisible man the first thing that came to mind was the HHN shop last year. They could do a themed area like a scene from the movie and have things move like someone is moving them. Use it for Blumhouse/Universal Monsters merch.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
I'm sure if they were to announce a house or something they'll be posting on their twitter or IG stories. I am still not sure they'll be announcing anything there but announcing before the event.

FWIW, I thought the Candyman trailer looked like it could be pretty good. I really hope it gets an R rating - I generally (not always, but generally) don't like PG-13 horror films. The trailer looks like it could go anywhere from a hard R to a mid-level PG-13 depending on how much gore they actually show. Looking up the director (Nia DeCosta), she has directed one movie before (called Little Woods) that got 96% on RT - so I'm really interested to see how this one goes. I don't think the original Candyman is a great film by any means - it's enjoyably decent in a B-level horror sort of way; but this one is certainly intriguing on first glance.

So based off the clues and what everyone here has been saying, here’s my still-way-too-early, shot in the dark prediction of eight houses (UPDATE: elaborated and expanded):
  • Beetlejuice (Legacy's clue and what he said recently)
  • Revenge of Chucky (Again, Legacy's clue as well as ModDesigner's comments--if not Scarecrow, THIS would be a perfect opportunity for an open floor house--set it in a toy store, put it in SS25, lay the path via shelves)
  • Stranger Things (for budget and to promote S4...believe me, ugh...maybe Sabrina instead, though I'm not sure if that would be much better; I just can't see them not using any Netflix properties).
  • Creepshow (Ifrit + fairly cheap since Hollywood did it)
  • "UCM: Bride" (Once again, Legacy's clue...and c'mon, it's the 30th, you really think they'd do nothing with the Monsters?)
  • Jack's Dungeon of Terror (Legacy's clue; sticking with my idea of going through the carnival dark ride he was found in, to fit with the whole "back in his box" thing; heck you could work LT in there if that rumor is correct)
  • Scarecrow sequel or repeat (The promo image; aside from cornfield which would be less likely if they did something in the vain of my Chucky idea, I remember someone pitching the idea of a Seeds of Extinction crossover)
  • Terra Cruentes: Season of the Queen (Legacy saying that it's about on the same level of likelihood as Billie)

Last edited:
So based off the clues and what everyone here has been saying, here’s my still-way-too-early, shot in the dark prediction of the IP lineup:

Beetlejuice
Stranger Things (hope I’m wrong, just a hunch—if that three year deal mentioned is true, plus them wanting to maybe promote S4, also it’d be a way to stretch for 11 houses)
Creepshow
Chucky
UCM: Bride

I would prefer to be wrong and that the lineup contain a couple of non-comedy, “straight horror” IPs.
You can definitly cancel Stranger Things. There is no good reason for it and they wouldn't have done S2 and 3 last year if they would have another year to do stuff

So based off the clues and what everyone here has been saying, here’s my still-way-too-early, shot in the dark prediction of the IP lineup:

Beetlejuice
Stranger Things (hope I’m wrong, just a hunch—if that three year deal mentioned is true, plus them wanting to maybe promote S4, also it’d be a way to stretch for 11 houses)
Creepshow
Chucky
UCM: Bride

I would prefer to be wrong and that the lineup contain a couple of non-comedy, “straight horror” IPs.

As much as I enjoy Stranger Things, I do hope it gets the year off, it became fatiguing having it 2 years in a row. I am cautiously optimistic about Beetlejuice, I love the movie and animated series when I was younger but I also worry they could fudge it. If we get a UCM: Bride house I'll be over the moon, especially if it features all the females/brides from Classic Monsters. I've been curious about a Chucky house since 28 and what movie(s) they'd base a house on.
So with the talk to both Beetlejuice and Candyman possibly coming, I know they're both very different properties, I couldn't help but notice the similarity with the idea of having characters at the event who are based on a similar urban legend, saying their name out-loud 3-5 times to summon them.

As much as I enjoy Stranger Things, I do hope it gets the year off, it became fatiguing having it 2 years in a row. I am cautiously optimistic about Beetlejuice, I love the movie and animated series when I was younger but I also worry they could fudge it. If we get a UCM: Bride house I'll be over the moon, especially if it features all the females/brides from Classic Monsters. I've been curious about a Chucky house since 28 and what movie(s) they'd base a house on.
So with the talk to both Beetlejuice and Candyman possibly coming, I know they're both very different properties, I couldn't help but notice the similarity with the idea of having characters at the event who are based on a similar urban legend, saying their name out-loud 3-5 times to summon them.

If they don’t do it with Scarecrow, Chucky is another prime opportunity for an open floor plan. Imagine an abandoned toy store.

If they don’t do it with Scarecrow, Chucky is another prime opportunity for an open floor plan. Imagine an abandoned toy store.
Chucky’s house at 19 I think was good but I don’t think they have to bring him back, I rather would like to see Hellraiser finally get it’s due, I under the scarezone got a lot of praise and stuff but I’m already fine with the house he had and the zone he had, something new needs to come

Status
Not open for further replies.