The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chucky’s house at 19 I think was good but I don’t think they have to bring him back, I rather would like to see Hellraiser finally get it’s due, I under the scarezone got a lot of praise and stuff but I’m already fine with the house he had and the zone he had, something new needs to come

I’m just going by the clues.

Chucky’s house at 19 I think was good but I don’t think they have to bring him back, I rather would like to see Hellraiser finally get it’s due, I under the scarezone got a lot of praise and stuff but I’m already fine with the house he had and the zone he had, something new needs to come
Except Universal owns a Chucky IP. They don't own or have immediate access to Hellraiser.

Except Universal owns a Chucky IP. They don't own or have immediate access to Hellraiser.

this is true and I’m sure they would want to cash in how well they did with the zone, I mean I’m up for it, the Hellraiser fan in me just still wishes they could bring Pinhead to the event finally lol

Reactions: Kadath
So based off the clues and what everyone here has been saying, here’s my still-way-too-early, shot in the dark prediction of the IP lineup:

Beetlejuice
Stranger Things (hope I’m wrong, just a hunch—if that three year deal mentioned is true, plus them wanting to maybe promote S4, also it’d be a way to stretch for 11 houses)
Creepshow
Chucky
UCM: Bride

I would prefer to be wrong and that the lineup contain a couple of non-comedy, “straight horror” IPs.

I don't think Stranger Things is coming at all. And I still think they need a headliner, whether it's Conjuring or something else. I don't think any of those IPs classify as a headliner - although in an anniversary year things could be different.

It could be a majorly long shot however i would love to see a last of us house this year with the sequel coming out this year! It might not be a huge headliner but seems like it might be more of a headliner then what’s rumored as of now

We're starting to mix "wish list" with "speculation"
Can I ask where the cut-off is?

Saying Last of Us could potentially come because it's a popular video game IP and there's a hotly anticipated sequel coming out soon - is that considered wish list?

Nothing is ever confirmed until universal confirms it but people keep saying Jack has been confirmed for this year. Does anyone know where this “confirmation” is stemming from?

Saying Last of Us could potentially come because it's a popular video game IP and there's a hotly anticipated sequel coming out soon - is that considered wish list?

I mean, the person who suggested Last Of Us above called it out as a “majorly long shot”. Knowing something’s a long shot is probably wish list at that point.

Video games in general right now are long long shots IMO.

It's a bit blurry this year due to it being an anniversary year; so many things from the past do have a fair shot at happening. For example, Terra Queen's 15-year reappearance, Psycho celebrating 60 years, and Jack being used for all big milestones make it fair speculation.

Things like "Invisible Man came out and is doing well." blurs that line, too - which is why we've been a little lenient on it. It doesn't mean it's coming, but it also doesn't mean it's not. It's a shaky measuring stick.

The wish list stuff comes from things out of left field, with no basis other than a poster's own wants (i.e. as @ChaseTuff suggested). I WANT Hellraiser to happen. It doesn't mean it's right to speculate on it coming because of it.

Probably random Facebook articles from HHN Unofficial.

I wouldn't use them as a measuring stick, either.

Last edited:
So if ST doesn't show up, are we thinking Sabrina? I'm hoping if we get a Netflix property it's Hill House, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Correct. No one has gotten close.

I said it’s a hard one.
Yes you did for sure. In the spirit of the giving season (lol - it's March, that's the giving season, right?), any "shortcut" possibility?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.