The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post a crazy outlandish theory, but after @Taylor13 I did a little search, and
Rob Thomas was interested in creating a Lost Boys TV show back in 2016,
I'm still new to this so, I'm just trying to help

There you go... keep going.

You had said that LEAD applies multiple places. While a writer and director wouldn’t bring that to mind, typically lead would apply to a lead actor. Kristen Bell has been in Pulse and Scream 4, but I don’t think either of those are options to be a part of an anniversary year.
Unless it’s an original and the house is for a frozen ice queen or a recently fired actress who’s dating a famous English musician which I assume is as scary as any house HHN has ever had.
(Mostly put this out to hope to help someone take the next step)

Reactions: londonwerecat
Rob Thomas is the writer for Izombie and Veronica Mars.

He is also doing a Lost Boys adaptation series.
Answer: The Lost Boys?

Lost Boys was part of the inspiration for HIVE, not the scariest movie but the finale in the Grandpa’s house was a scary scene. If anything this could also be for Vamp *insert year*

Do people classify the lost boys as a comedy ip? This is the first time I’ve ever seen that lol
Lost Boys was not the inspiration, HIVE was inspired abit by Salem’s Lot, it was as close as we would get a Salem’s Lot type house. As for Lost Boys, it may seem comical at some points but more a horror/thriller type film if anything.

I watched it a couple years ago when it was being rumored. It felt very light hearted to me.

Interesting that it was referenced in Us.

I'll say it again, I would like them to avoid original comedy houses as long as the rights to the vast majority of big "straight horror" properties remain a mess. That doesn't HAVE to be a bad thing for the IPs--there's a whole array of great horror comedy out there! But for the time being I'd like for the originals to provide a yin to that yang.

Last edited:
I'll say it again, I would like them to avoid original comedy houses as long as the rights to the vast majority of big "straight horror" properties remain a mess. That doesn't HAVE to be a bad thing for the IPs--there's a whole array of great horror comedy out there! But for the time being I'd like for the originals to provide a yin to that yang.

Comedy houses can still be scary though, regardless if it’s original or IP. Leave it to Cleaver, KKFOS in Hollywood, and Bloodengutz are good examples of comedy houses that blend it well.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Comedy houses can still be scary though, regardless if it’s original or IP. Leave it to Cleaver, KKFOS in Hollywood, and Bloodengutz are good examples of comedy houses that blend it well.

Yes, but it's still best for there to be a hefty amount of "non-comedy," if I can put it that way. I was quite happy with KKFOS. Yeah I would've loved to see the redneck death scene and the endless doors, but it was definitely my favorite IP at 29.

Regardless of it, I mean The Lost Boys could be a good house, take out the certain comic aspect and only have the vampire's gonna kill you vibe a little more in it and I'm sure the house will do fine, unless Universal decides to go an original route and do something influenced by the film which would be still cool and have it of course take place somewhere in Carey, Ohio because why not lol, it would if they wanted to do a Castle Vampyr sequel, I mean an actual one, not Blood Bath from 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.