Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must have been the talk way back... but I am watching Crimson Peak right now. Gothic, Steampunk, Gilded Age horror. The set design and execution is on steroids. So visually fun in spite of a flimsy script.

Have any of you handled and played a wax cylinder before? They have a terrific heavy feel to them. One song weighs about 1 pound.

Last edited:
It must have been the talk way back... but I am watching Crimson Peak right now. Gothic, Steampunk, Gilded Age horror. The set design and execution is on steroids. So visually fun in spite of a flimsy script.
Hollywood got a crimson peak house a bit back, it was pretty nice

To add to 2001, even with the changes the event had (Eddie replaced by Jack, blood turned to green ooze, any reference of "Terror" removed so "TerrorLand" became "Scary Tales"), I also recall hearing from multiple people that 2001 was very successful for HHN, so much so that it's one of the reasons the parks were making a profit while others took a loss.

Never underestimate the need for a escape when people can get it. HHN is a escape for a lot of people.
Also about Scary Tales, Scary Tales has become one of the most popular series of houses. If they tone down the event they’re gonna have to improvise, and some of the best things have come out of improvisation.

i mean, given obvious circumstances, you would like to entertain the possibility that the team is going to be more careful and diligent
I don’t, because the houses aren’t designed to support social distancing, and actually training performers to maintain a respectable distance requires doubling (if not tripling) the amount of time they get actually scaring (which requires paying performers and a potential audience for the extra rehearsal time).

A HHN hallway is (typically) 4ft wide. Assuming the guest isn’t hugging a wall, a performer appears between 18”-30” away from a guest. The bigger wrinkle is that many performers only have two-four feet of space behind them before there’s a wall of another scene. There’s a lot less space to play with than you think.
Once again, it's not like they pulsed until 2012, contrary to people on the Facebook page acting like they did. :rolleyes:
They pulsed until 2002.
Also about Scary Tales, Scary Tales has become one of the most popular series of houses. If they tone down the event they’re gonna have to improvise, and some of the best things have come out of improvisation.
All they did was change the name of the house and use green for the (little) blood the house had. The house would have still been popular, just by a different name.

I guess I didn't specify my speculation is just for this particular year. You don't believe that it's less than 50 TRULY know what's going on during this pandemic? I feel like things are rapidly changing and while some of the outliers know what's going on at any given time, I would think that only the core know right now, especially since most build docs have been put on hold. Basically, no final inspection until you give us these docs.

Ordinarily, I would say over 100, but this year is much different. Not arguing, just a thought.

Are you rearing to the DocHolds on B79? That’s the only permit on any type of hold. A quick click on the DocHolds shows that it is a request for specific Docs prior to final inspection.

BLD (build) permit for B108 was applied and began review on 4/1. FIR (fire) permits for ST1, ST2, T3, B79, and SS23A were all applied for on 4/1 as well. The BLD permits for those 5 locations appear to have all had their plan reviews completed.

Construction is classified as an essential service per Homeland Security. There is no reason to hold/stop construction unless contracted construction companies cease building.

I’m building a house. I’ve had the footers poured, block delivered, dirt delivered and compacted, and plumber & electrician out for initial installations needed prior to the pouring of the slab. All this was within the last 3 weeks.

Edits:I seriously need to watch what autocorrect is doing with my typing!

If the build docs are on hold, that's news to me. Construction and rigging in still occurring for the event.
Are you rearing to the DocHolds on B79? That’s the only permit on any type of hold. A quick click on the DocHolds shows that it is a request for specific Docs prior to final inspection.

BLD (build) permit for B108 was applied and began review on 4/1. FIR (fire) permits for ST1, ST2, T3, B79, and SS23A were all applied for on 4/1 as well. The BLD permits for those 5 locations appear to have all had their plan reviews completed.

Construction is classified as an essential service per Homeland Security. There is no reason to hold/stop construction unless contracted construction companies cease building.

I’m building a house. I’ve had the footers poured, block delivered, dirt delivered and compacted, and plumber & electrician out for initial installations needed prior to the pouring of the slab. All this was within the last 3 weeks.

Edits:I seriously need to watch what autocorrect is doing with my typing!

I really need to be more careful with my words.

My sources have said that the 'design' build docs were not revealed and that although they are going through with construction and rigging, the information on *what* exactly it is they're building and rigging is being withheld.

Meaning, they're building blindly and the details will be put in later. This reminds me of the Conjuring/Hive situation.

This is where I was drawing the conclusion that less than 50 people truly know what is in this year's event.

I really need to be more careful with my words.

My sources have said that the 'design' build docs were not revealed and that although they are going through with construction and rigging, the information on *what* exactly it is they're building and rigging is being withheld.

Meaning, they're building blindly and the details will be put in later. This reminds me of the Conjuring/Hive situation.

This is where I was drawing the conclusion that less than 50 people truly know what is in this year's event.
I don't quite understand what you mean by building blindly. How is it possible to build something that you aren't told how to build? Or are they just build basic walls and structures so the design can go in later?
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I don't quite understand what you mean by building blindly. How is it possible to build something that you aren't told how to build? Or are they just build basic walls and structures so the design can go in later?

If they aren’t participating in scenic work, construction crews wouldn’t need to know what a house is. They’d get a basic layout and build the “skeleton”. They wouldn’t see the finished product.

Basically - The guy doing my block and foundation work knows what the my house should look like in a very base “skeleton” kind of way. He has no idea what colors I’m painting the walls, what types or colors of flooring I’m putting in, what my kitchen countertop or cabinets will look like, what doors I’ll choose, fixtures, etc... All those things are the “flesh”.

Last edited:
If they aren’t participating in scenic work, construction crews wouldn’t need to know what a house is. They’d get a basic layout and build the “skeleton”. They wouldn’t see the finished product.

Basically - The guy doing my block and foundation work knows what the my house should look like in a very base “skeleton” kind of way. He has no idea what colors I’m painting the walls, what types or colors of flooring I’m putting in, what my kitchen countertop or cabinets will look like, what doors I’ll choose, fixtures, etc... All those things are the “flesh”.
Oh ok, I think I get it. Thank you for the explanation.

I want to also clarify that I don't know if the design documentation redactions or omissions are across the board for all houses and/or all builders, but for my source, that is the case. At least for this year.

*Side note: They also could just being lying to me and this is their gentle way of letting me know they don't want to tell me

I want to also clarify that I don't know if the design documentation redactions or omissions are across the board for all houses and/or all builders, but for my source, that is the case. At least for this year.

*Side note: They also could just being lying to me and this is their gentle way of letting me know they don't want to tell me

There are DocHolds on B79. I noticed them on 3/30. Took a screenshot cause I find them interesting. Wanted to be able to monitor changes. Yes, the DocHolds state that there are elements of the design that are currently not included in the plan. There’s been no changes to the DocHolds since 3/30. I just double checked.

They are still interesting. There are 3. 1 regarding verification of fire-resistant coating and testing. 1 regarding curtains, draperies, hangings, or decorative materials being hung from walls and ceilings meeting guidelines or being noncombustible. And 1 regarding plans not included about structural steel/welding.

Do with that info what you will, and thank Florida’s Sunshine laws! This is all public knowledge accessible through the permits.

We hadn’t hear anything about Dungeon of Terror or Bedtime Stories before the spec map, could one of these be one of the wrong houses? Just trying to start a conversation
It’s possible. Honestly bedtime stories could just be popping up because people know it was supposed to happen last year so the are just assuming it will come this year.

It’s possible. Honestly bedtime stories could just be popping up because people know it was supposed to happen last year so the are just assuming it will come this year.
yeah I was thinking about that. Bedtime Stories is a cool concept but I don’t see why it appeared on that map. Is it normal for a house to get canned one year but then put in the next year? I’ve never heard of it happening, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to happen this year I’m just curious

yeah I was thinking about that. Bedtime Stories is a cool concept but I don’t see why it appeared on that map. Is it normal for a house to get canned one year but then put in the next year? I’ve never heard of it happening, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to happen this year I’m just curious
It only got canned cause US was so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.