The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I was thinking about that. Bedtime Stories is a cool concept but I don’t see why it appeared on that map. Is it normal for a house to get canned one year but then put in the next year? I’ve never heard of it happening, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to happen this year I’m just curious

Oh yes, there were multiple attempts to get AWIL into the event. It almost debuted in 22, but a big ol' case of synergy (amongst other things) was dropped on Orlando and they had to do Silent Hill instead. If I recall, Silent Hill had to be shoehorned into AWIL's layout which would explain why certain scenes felt wonky. An as we know, AWIL finally debuted the very next year in 23.

Oh yes, there were multiple attempts to get AWIL into the event. It almost debuted in 22, but a big ol' case of synergy (amongst other things) was dropped on Orlando and they had to do Silent Hill instead. If I recall, Silent Hill had to be shoehorned into AWIL's layout which would explain why certain scenes felt wonky. An as we know, AWIL finally debuted the very next year in 23.

Wait, AWIL is a Universal property and SH isn’t. Guessing Murdy wanted to do it?

How does negotiating work for Universal properties BTW? I think about how Hollywood’s side is always begging for The Thing, and it would seem to be really easy rights-wise since Universal owns it.

Last edited:
Wait, AWIL is a Universal property and SH isn’t. Guessing Murdy wanted to do it?

How does negotiating work for Universal properties BTW? I think about how Hollywood’s side is always begging for The Thing, and it would seem to be really easy rights-wise since Universal owns it.
They negotiate through Universal films.

With regard to the Thing, I don’t think it’s a rights issue. I think it’s Murdy not actually wanting to do it.

Last edited:
yeah I was thinking about that. Bedtime Stories is a cool concept but I don’t see why it appeared on that map. Is it normal for a house to get canned one year but then put in the next year? I’ve never heard of it happening, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to happen this year I’m just curious
here’s the thing though: we don’t even really know what bedtime stories is. is it the tooth fairy concept? a spin-off of scary tales? something else entirely?

Reactions: reeseyNG
here’s the thing though: we don’t even really know what bedtime stories is. is it the tooth fairy concept? a spin-off of scary tales? something else entirely?

The vibe I got (based on what got mentioned last year) was that it was classic twisted bedtime stories with The Tooth Fairy playing that Wicked Witch role from a Deadly Ever After.

Could be wayyy off base though.

OK Y'all - since the question keeps being brought up each week; make sure you bookmark, favorite, or save this post for later whenever someone else decides to ask so you can refer them to it.

Will HHN 30 be canceled by COVID? It's too early to tell, but probably not. Information is changing daily, and we're seemingly on a downward trend than what was expected. I know there is a contingency plan in place in case we get to that point, as any smart business should have set for the rest of the year - but it is not expected. We're a little over 5 months out and a lot can change. Hell, things have changed from last week so...

Bottom line: I would anticipate HHN happening. Will there be impacts? Probably, yes. You'll probably see pulsing done. Less SIF (stuff in face). It's also possible you could see fewer actors in the streets.

This is an unprecedented time for all, especially the parks. They are taking it one day at a time, just like us. While it's scary to have so much up in the air, we shouldn't let the default response become the most severe.

Interesting that they might pulse lines, considering we might be just as crowded in a conga-line ish form in the actual queue anyway.

@Brian G. I’m curious, how many threads do u mod and is this one of the most active threads ?

We hadn’t hear anything about Dungeon of Terror or Bedtime Stories before the spec map, could one of these be one of the wrong houses? Just trying to start a conversation
I can see Bedtime Stories going. Dungeon of Terror would make sense to be here for the 30th, Bedtime on the other hand, not so much.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Hi. This is kinda off-topic, but I have always loved seeing the things that Hollywood hands out in their queue lines. I think last year they did that for Ghostbusters with the business cards.

Do you all think that there is any potential in the future to do that?

Hi. This is kinda off-topic, but I have always loved seeing the things that Hollywood hands out in their queue lines. I think last year they did that for Ghostbusters with the business cards.

Do you all think that there is any potential in the future to do that?
Based on how tight the queues have been these past few years.... I wouldn’t bet on it.

Reactions: Kadath

I believe they were also trying to get AWIL for 18 as well but the idea was scrapped and they ended up making the Creatures house.

The reason I think Murdy hasn't done it yet is because he's doing films that marketing wants but also other films that are on his bucket list as well, I'm sure he would keep Thing as one of the last properties he brings to the event, it doesn't need to be rushed to the event and I'm sure he will try and find a suitable year to bring it as well. Though, I wonder if we will share it with him or if we get it as one of our standalone ips later on.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Status
Not open for further replies.