The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anybody else love the secret IP to be Terrifier especially with the sequel coming out this year!

They’ll want something marketable for that fourth spot.

@shiekra38 : I mention Bedtime Stories as being earthly just because last year Legacy described it as "Del Toro-esque" and not taking place in a suburban home.

God I want this year to happen ESPECIALLY after this prospective list!

Last edited:
They’ll want something marketable for that fourth spot.

@shiekra38 : I mention Bedtime Stories as being earthly just because last year Legacy described it as "Del Toro-esque" and not taking place in a suburban home.

God I want this year to happen ESPECIALLY after this prospective list!
Hmm, interesting

It could start as a 'Where Evil Hides' type house and then go to something more...abstract..

What if bedtime stories isn't an Original-
It's actually the 2008 Family Film starring Adam Sandler.
An Uncut Gems house where all the scareactors are yelling at you for money would be so anxiety inducing... I think I've figured out the secret IP :surprised:

Actually related to this with an A24 connection, could the secret IP be Hereditary or Midsommar?

An Uncut Gems house where all the scareactors are yelling at you for money would be so anxiety inducing... I think I've figured out the secret IP :surprised:

Actually related to this with an A24 connection, could the secret IP be Hereditary or Midsommar?

As much as I love both of those movies I don't think either would make a good house.

What if it's The Lighthouse and we just have a house of Willem Dafoe lookalikes?

I realize the possibility of HHN not happening isn't a popular thing to think on, but let's say it does - do they do HHN later in the year, move the whole 30 shebang to HHN time 2021, or scrap it all and move on?

Nah. It's the 30th anniversary, it should be more originals.

Also you already have Beetlejuice and Haunting as the big IP draw-ins.
While I would love more originals, it’s just not the market anymore. They definitely need ip’s more than originals. Originals don’t bring in the casual crowd nearly as much as ip’s do.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I realize the possibility of HHN not happening isn't a popular thing to think on, but let's say it does - do they do HHN later in the year, move the whole 30 shebang to HHN time 2021, or scrap it all and move on?
I think just hold off until 2021. It’s just a safer decision. HHN during the holidays won’t work because they’ll want to focus on their holiday offerings, and construction for 2021 would otherwise start in January/February.

The Sprungs, MIB, and B79 can be mothballed and left in place for the year with no issues. The soundstages can be mothballed too, if they’re not used during the year. 108 can be mothballed too, assuming they’re okay with the parades using their modified storage patterns. And construction of the 10th house hasn’t started yet.

The biggest/only question is if usage rights would still apply after a year (or if Uni would want to use those IPs).

going back to the bride/billie spec, would it be original music made specifically for the house or a comp of stuff she’s released already? if it’s the former, what do you guys imagine it would sound like?

going back to the bride/billie spec, would it be original music made specifically for the house or a comp of stuff she’s released already? if it’s the former, what do you guys imagine it would sound like?
I feel like she would be expected to create something similar to her "When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? sound. Maybe some motifs and samples from the classic movies could be used in places.

We're definitely not getting something like Ocean Eyes. :lol:

I feel like she would be expected to create something similar to her "When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? sound. Maybe some motifs and samples from the classic movies could be used in places.

We're definitely not getting something like Ocean Eyes. :lol:

I’ve started listening to her music. Not fully my cup of tea, but I’m pretty eclectic and can bop to it (I bop to Ænima by Tool, don’t judge music by my ability to bop to it).

The music of COPYCAT (not necessarily lyrics) could work. you should see me in a crown and bad guy have music (and potentially lyrics) that could work, too.

Any other songs by her anyone here could suggest?

With each change to the rumor, I find myself liking the idea more. It gels better than the original lagoon show rumor for me.

EDIT: Listen to start of COPYCAT: the opening beats mimic a human heart and the first few lyrics would actually work for the intro/beginning of a Bride house.

“Don't be cautious, don't be kind
You committed, I'm your crime”

Status
Not open for further replies.