The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Details seem a little fuzzy on Bedtime Stories, but I would not discount the head start they got on it last year.

Also, I know a pattern does not a precedent set, but it is worth noting we have consistently had something snowy for a number of years now (exception being 2018, but that could be viewed as diverting the snow machines to ST for the Upside Down). I know Gremlins would have fit that bill, but just thought it might be worth throwing it out there

I think Terra Cruentus would work better as 5 scare-zones rather than a mishmash house, and still serve as a worthy tribute. Could even bring back the skoolhouse if we don't get a show by Mel's.
Depends on if we're visiting the different locations around Terra Cruentus or just visiting one location near the Gorewood Tree

Personally, I would like a more succinct Terra Cruentus house that mixes The Hallow and Hades type aesthetic

Reactions: SeventyOne
Depends on if we're visiting the different locations around Terra Cruentus or just visiting one location near the Gorewood Tree

Personally, I would like a more succinct Terra Cruentus house that mixes The Hallow and Hades type aesthetic

As I mentioned, we might have three houses providing that aesthetic (TC, Bedtime Stories and this potential “Pumpkin King” house). Not that I would mind. :)

As I mentioned, we might have three houses providing that aesthetic (TC, Bedtime Stories and this potential “Pumpkin King” house). Not that I would mind. :)
I picture Terra Cruentus as more slanted towards the Hades aesthetic
Bedtime Stories is the "Where Evil Hides" we never got
Pumpkin would be "The Harvest" we never got (The scarezone realized in house form)

Reactions: Legacy
I went back and read the TPU article and decided to expand on my thoughts/theory.

The article says it isn’t a reference to the defunct attraction, but I can’t help seeing similarities the idea has to past houses that resided in the Earthquake queue (specifically Earthquake so the houses from 1994 to 2007 so DoT through TCM).

Of course, the initial play on words that started my mind working towards a possible misinterpretation was due to HHN 14. Earthquake only had one set of zombies that was a fan favorite and has been brought back during an anniversary: Deadtropolis. But there’s that thought on how it hits to close to home, right now. So...

In 2001, Dark Torment was housed inside the Earthquake extended queue. Unlike any other house that resided there, you had to ride Earthquake to enter the house. The concept/story? You don’t survive the earthquake and end up in the underworld surrounded by tormented souls. It was a fantastic experience, and I’m happy I was able to experience it. The similarities are there to the article concept. It removes any potential societal issues brought about by current affairs.

Next up: Doomsday 1999 not to be confused with Doomsday 2008. ‘99 Doomsday was an original story and played heavily with the Y2K paranoia and panic. The concept was NYers have swarmed underground into the subway tunnels due to Y2K. There was a scene with zombies in a bus or subway car. Again, this concept could be interpreted as earthquake zombies if only pieces of info are being used, but it also hits those societal issues.

Finally, the one I can’t help going back to:

Both Mummy houses resided in Earthquake. Now, I’m not suggesting a house based on the movie or even the classic character, but what about something that was a little Tomb of the Ancients mixed with the Kerezan origin story? The Zombie Attack at Hierakonpolis is said to be the source of the Kerezan legion.

Who knows. I still need to spec. It keeps my brain active and entertained.

Not that I am in the know at all....but This map is missing at least 2 IP’s( including the Secret IP). Unless it’s tone down because of COVID 19 , I can’t see them going with just 3 IP’s. You can say Brides is an IP but that would make 6 IP’s last year. One of them has to be a big one , something extremely popular. As much as I am a fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre... I don’t think that’s big enough coming off 2 years of ST.

Not that I am in the know at all....but This map is missing at least 2 IP’s( including the Secret IP). Unless it’s tone down because of COVID 19 , I can’t see them going with just 3 IP’s. You can say Brides is an IP but that would make 6 IP’s last year. One of them has to be a big one , something extremely popular. As much as I am a fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre... I don’t think that’s big enough coming off 2 years of ST.
Nah. It's the 30th anniversary, it should be more originals.

Also you already have Beetlejuice and Haunting as the big IP draw-ins.

Reactions: Morganxrose

Last year was supposed to be 5 IPs and Us was added around May. 4/6 is the ratio this year and has been before all the COVID stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.