The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it looks like Beetlejuice and Hill House will be the most marketable properties of the event. The real question for me is if the secret IP will be on that level or not? And I’m just talking about marketability here, not how good we think the house will be.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
New map is interesting and essential worker life is hard. It’s a good thing I use to be a bank teller, I don’t think anything I see in retail will surprise me, but it still confounds me.

Is that earthquake zombie rumor still viable? Because if it is, I may be able to revive a little bit of spec season.

I’ve mentioned before that rumors get confused. People thought Vamp ‘85 was Lost Boys and DE:pZ masks gave rise to NotLD rumors. That type of things.

So, if someone heard earthquake and zombies, it’s easy to to take those words literally. Zombies in an earthquake. But maybe, the rumor mill has once again assumed an answer based on a little information.

Maybe it’s not earthquake zombies, but Earthquake’s zombies...

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Just catching up on the V2 map and wow, what a radical shift! I'm slightly taken aback by the craziness with Billie going from a Lagoon show to her own house to providing the music for Bride but that's a mash up I'd look forward to. With two (three if you count Eillish's own house) IPs being supposedly replaced by originals, my attention is peaked even more. With so few IPs now being speculated I really have to think the Secret is something big!

Am I looking too much into where Nightmares have the house locations? I was under the idea that the "A" spot (where Ghostbusters was at 29) was usually used for one of the most popular IP houses so would it be likely that whatever the Secret IP is would be switching spots with BJ if it was as big as it seemingly is?

Am I looking too much into where Nightmares have the house locations? I was under the idea that the "A" spot (where Ghostbusters was at 29) was usually used for one of the most popular IP houses so would it be likely that whatever the Secret IP is would be switching spots with BJ if it was as big as it seemingly is?

You might be looking into the locations a little too much. With what's been said before, generally the location of a house is factored by what they wanna' do with it/how much space they'll need. If a house requires tall/big sets, then it'll be put into a soundstage or parade warehouse. If not, it could be put in one of the tents.

There can be exceptions, since for 28 the first iteration of Stranger Things was put into SS 22 since that was a standalone location which they could really secure so the house itself would remain secret. (An keep in mind, both SS 22 & 25 are not being used this year, so the main soundstage houses are 23 and 24 which are holding two houses each.)

In my mind, the three originals on the new spec map couldn't exactly carry the event on their own. BJ is a no, and while Hill House and the Billie Eilish tagline are the best bets marketing wise, even then they aren't quite A+ material without a big name IP to carry them through.

That, along with the fact that Legacy is keeping the info on the down low (which I am very thankful for, secrets fuel speculation), makes me think we could be in for a big surprise whenever Uni decides to announce the lineup. Hopefully that surprise isn't squandered early like Us was last year, but I do think there is room for a little excitement at the idea.

If the font thing is correct, it looks like Spiral has the same font.
Exactly what I was about to say. It looks like a direct match. Plus Legacy saying the timing of it has made it difficult for him to source could mean it's one of the films (currently scheduled) to release this year.

Also, 6 originals, 4 IP's? I'm all in.

Attachments

• 3636639-spiral2.jpg
    3636639-spiral2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20.png
    Screenshot_20.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 14
Exactly what I was about to say. It looks like a direct match. Plus Legacy saying the timing of it has made it difficult for him to source could mean it's one of the films (currently scheduled) to release this year.

Also, 6 originals, 4 IP's? I'm all in.

Those two fonts are so far off from each other. Compare the 'S' and 'P's, and you'll see one is much more blocky than the other.

Those two fonts are so far off from each other. Compare the 'S' and 'P's, and you'll see one is much more blocky than the other.
...Okay yeah, good point.

After looking closer, the only two horror movies from this year that pretty much have a direct match with that font are Invisible Man and Candyman.

Reactions: Morganxrose
p5550_v_v8_ab.jpg

The font that looks most similar to the 'Secret IP' font is Silence of the Lambs, IMO. Nothing else really comes as close in my eyes. I don't know if Silence of the Lambs still holds enough relevance to be a huge get though. I'm not attuned to how popular movies from decades ago are outside of my own personal bubble. I could easily see Hannibal Lecter being front and center of advertising though!

I would love to see The Thing as that's one of my favorite horror films but with Beetlejuice and the apparent bum rush of original houses I'm already stoked.

My thoughts looking at Pumpkin Original makes me think of maybe them making Twisted Traditions a house? I mean the scarezone was really good in central park and had a good really theme and story to it like GGs last year, that scarezone would make a good house to and have the Cathedral in the house and have it be the facade would be pretty cool too. Just a thought.
I kind of expect sth like pumpkin eater from Knotts Scary Farm as Universal sometimes gets inspired by them

The Brides house sounds pretty cool. Eilish's music seems like a good fit, and it's a great idea for a "woke" all female house....or at least one where they're in charge and the victims are men. Sounds like fun, good synergy, and a good social message without forcing it down anybody's throat. Will probably get them some nice press too.

Status
Not open for further replies.