The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would you estimate per scare zone?
Depends if they have to do a prop build or they're repurposing. And this I know first-hand.

During an ordinary year, this would be the exact time they're getting their scarezone concepts together and bidding out work to vendors. They often go lofty and then things get cut along the way as the houses become needier. Often they'd like to put 100k-300k into each and then adjust down from there. They don't want to skimp too much though because the zones become crowd sourced advertising built into the event, as it's the only place where "Instagram moments can happen."

I think it would be quite smart for them to invest a little more this year in order to get the word out there

That's just raw labor and materials, right? So it doesn't include overhead (staff, power, etc), designing, licenses, etc.
Correct, that's where my estimate comes in

Last edited:
That's just raw labor and materials, right? So it doesn't include overhead (staff, power, etc), designing, licenses, etc.
Correct. That’s how I did my math. Licenses, I imagine, can be high five figure to over a million.

Seems like three of the rumored four originals would be very "earthly" if the Pumpkin King rumor is true. Fitting for Storyteller.

So if Texas Chainsaw Massacre came, would it be the second one? I realize we're just throwing shots in the dark lol.

Holding out my wishful thinking for (aside from the event happening) a house that tries something new...

Last edited:
Just finished watching Haunting of Hill House and WOW. That could be one the best IP houses HHN has done since there’s so many sets and characters. Hoping that they take a ST1/AHS approach and blend the sets, characters, tone, and scares perfectly instead of a ST2&3 character showcase type of house. All I gotta say is the Funeral Home could have some of the scariest rooms of this year

So this is a new Ellish rumor?

Beat me to it, but IDK why, that Monsters Bride x Billie Eilish intrigues me. I’m not a fan of Billie, but that concept works, and I would love to see it honestly, it sounds cool, and I really think they can do something spectacular with that. Wonder what said secret IP and original are tho.

Edit: also 4/6 ratio, I like it.

Beat me to it, but IDK why, that Monsters Bride x Billie Eilish intrigues me. I’m not a fan of Billie, but that concept works, and I would love to see it honestly, it sounds cool, and I really think they can do something spectacular with that. Wonder what said secret IP and original are tho.

Edit: also 4/6 ratio, I like it.
The secret IP is the one I’m not sharing. I actually asked Nightmares to not include it on the map.

While I’ve heard the rumor enough to believe its legitimacy, the timing of it has made it extremely difficult for me to source. That’s made it impossible for me to confidently verify, so I’m trying to not let people get their hopes up.

The secret IP is the one I’m not sharing. I actually asked Nightmares to not include it on the map.

While I’ve heard the rumor enough to believe its legitimacy, the timing of it has made it extremely difficult for me to source. That’s made it impossible for me to confidently verify, so I’m trying to not let people get their hopes up.
I don’t want any clue for it, but it seems like it’s a fairly big IP then.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover

Tbh I would love for it to stay a secret so whenever it gets announced, I can be surprised for the first time in years.

I think it’s really interesting our bride house could have music by Billie but hollywood still has slash. Personally I think billie will make the house a stand out and can’t wait for it!

also not sure why but part of me feels like the secret IP could be Halloween 2018

Last edited:

Praying it's The Conjuring!

So no Sabrina :(. My friend and I were planning on doing matching outfits. She was gonna do Sabrina and I was gonna do Harvey.

Well there’s always next year.

Reactions: Miss_Chloe
Status
Not open for further replies.