The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I'll be grateful if HHN happens, but really hope the event is kept as scary as originally intended.

Scary = catharsis, provides way more of an escape for me than something family friendly could.
If HHN was still scary after 9/11 and Pulse, I don’t think you have anything to worry about for this year. Calm down.
I believe Legacy flat out stated early on that if it was going to be a potential house location, that would “overrule” any other use for it.
Yep. It’s not like they couldn’t do RIP at Horror Make-Up, SS33, Lombard’s, or any other restaurant

interesting, I’ve never been in cafe la bamba so I never thought it was spacious for a house

When it comes to house design/layouts, you can be surprised at how little space one really needs to build a house in. Bio's pictures of the MIB tent pad sans the tent and with the layout of HoTC still there is a good visual of a decent sized house fitting in a spot which doesn't look that big.

When it comes to house design/layouts, you can be surprised at how little space one really needs to build a house in. Bio's pictures of the MIB tent pad sans the tent and with the layout of HoTC still there is a good visual of a decent sized house fitting in a spot which doesn't look that big.

I think the sprung tents and MIB tent are only like 5000 sqft total space. Somewhere, I have the original install permit images saved. Has the dimension for them. 50x110 or a 120 for the MIB.

Can’t find them, and I’d love to cause it would remind me of the brand name for the MIB tent. It’s not a Sprung.

EDIT: I found the original Tent 3 permit! It is a Clearspan tent and the dimensions are 50x115 so, 5750 sqft.

Last edited:
I'd put Billie in CLB. Enter next to Today Show Cafe, queue behind Bourne and HMUS. Wa-la, keeps the teens at the front (well, until they get out, lol).

Off topic, but I watched invisible man last night and I have to say, I wasn’t that impressed. Few spooky parts but really not scary overall and plot holes galore!

Potential Spoiler

Not really sure how it would translate into a maze if it comes. Half the movie you don’t even see the antagonist. Gonna have a bunch of guys dressed up in dark blue suits just popping out? Not really feeling it.

Legacy: you clever, clever human being.

70780f1447d38f55018251dc9b88f4d5.jpg

Oh god. Dr. Who is coming after all? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Grabnar
(Least of anyone’s problems, but it would be weird to have the digit thrown off—HHN 1 was in 1991, 2 in ‘92, etc.)

If that's the case then maybe they'll ditch the number and just refer to future iterations as "Halloween Horror Nights", similar to how the logos of Wrestlemania no longer have the number in them.

I don't see them really getting rid of the numbers, if anything they would just continue the event with just roman numerals and that's really it. Hollywood really just says HHN or Halloween Horror Nights and the year, whereas Orlando acknowledges it. I think they'd be better with the roman numerals, especially when people will figure out by the promotional material on what number the event is when anchors mention "Halloween Horror Nights going on their 30th year." stuff like that.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Off topic, but I watched invisible man last night and I have to say, I wasn’t that impressed. Few spooky parts but really not scary overall and plot holes galore!

Potential Spoiler

Not really sure how it would translate into a maze if it comes. Half the movie you don’t even see the antagonist. Gonna have a bunch of guys dressed up in dark blue suits just popping out? Not really feeling it.
I saw the film last night and yeah.. that’s not meant to be house.

There are too many variables to say any sort of “event“ would happen. Orlando doesn’t tend to rely on them like SoCal does though.
I remember hearing several years ago that HHN and various other events are the only time that Universal Orlando profits, since they re-invest their daily ops money into developing new attractions/parks etc. Is that not the case anymore?

I’d like to think it’s a joke, but there’s that small chance it isn’t - and that’s scary....
I have an old video of a family friend in their teens on July 4th 2002. They said they had just heard we were "going after Osama for blowin' up them buildings." News doesn't get to or resonate with everyone the same, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.