The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 274 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in case any of you want to relive one of the best original houses of the past few years at HHN, The Dis just posted, what I believe, is the first YouTube video of Ghost Town from HHN 26. Here is the link:

I appreciate the link, their in-park content tends to be really high quality. I hope they have a recording of Tomb of the Ancients, I really wish I could've seen that one.

I appreciate the link, their in-park content tends to be really high quality. I hope they have a recording of Tomb of the Ancients, I really wish I could've seen that one.

Well when I decided to ask if they could release Ghost Town, I also asked for Tomb of the Ancients as well. I’m hoping it works out. I know that for 26 websites were limited in what they could post during the event, but can release anything now. They just happened to film all of the houses that year (I think) and are now releasing some of that older content they couldn’t before. I’ve always wanted videos of Ghost Town and Tomb of the Ancients, so I’m pretty excited.

Hope I didn’t derail this conversation about this year’s event too much, I just had to share that.

Reactions: Grabnar
Well when I decided to ask if they could release Ghost Town, I also asked for Tomb of the Ancients as well. I’m hoping it works out. I know that for 26 websites were limited in what they could post during the event, but can release anything now. They just happened to film all of the houses that year (I think) and are now releasing some of that older content they couldn’t before. I’ve always wanted videos of Ghost Town and Tomb of the Ancients, so I’m pretty excited.

Hope I didn’t derail this conversation about this year’s event too much, I just had to share that.
Yes, they did indeed film all of them. In a podcast they [Craig and Ryno] stated that there were filmed versions of all of the houses SOMEWHERE. Clearly, they found at least one, so hopefully that means more...
But maybe im also mixing up 26 and 25?

Would love to see a full walkthrough of hell comes to haddonfield. The Hollywood version is easily accessible but not Orlando’s

Would love to see a full walkthrough of hell comes to haddonfield. The Hollywood version is easily accessible but not Orlando’s
that seems to be a common occurrence! i’ve been able to find decent quality videos of hollywood’s houses dating as far back as 2010. meanwhile, the earliest orlando’s in-house videos go is around 2013.

(it’s worse for Mardi Gras. the other night, i was looking up photos for a concert i went to in 2010 with my parents and was only able to find one. one!)

I understand why this isn't really achievable but It would be awesome if Universal found a way to theme the queues for houses, but with restricted space, tight budgets, and lack of permanent locations its blue sky..

Reactions: londonwerecat
I understand why this isn't really achievable but It would be awesome if Universal found a way to theme the queues for houses, but with restricted space, tight budgets, and lack of permanent locations its blue sky..

Ive had this blue sky thought as well but it’d be an extra bit of budget and planning that probably wouldn’t be as rewarding as Id like it to be.

that seems to be a common occurrence! i’ve been able to find decent quality videos of hollywood’s houses dating as far back as 2010. meanwhile, the earliest orlando’s in-house videos go is around 2013.

(it’s worse for Mardi Gras. the other night, i was looking up photos for a concert i went to in 2010 with my parents and was only able to find one. one!)
Orlando, unequivocally, did not allow any video of houses until 2013. Even that first year, release of the “blog previews” were tightly controlled and approved by Universal itself. Hollywood never cared.
Space and budget aren’t really the constraints. It’s mostly time. The queue stantions are set up daily. Throwing in superfluous theming would eat into the little time they already have.

Orlando, unequivocally, did not allow any video of houses until 2013. Even that first year, release of the “blog previews” were tightly controlled and approved by Universal itself. Hollywood never cared.

Space and budget aren’t really the constraints. It’s mostly time. The queue stantions are set up daily. Throwing in superfluous theming would eat into the little time they already have.

Slight correction on the first point: There was videos of every house in 2012 as well.

Yes, they did indeed film all of them. In a podcast they [Craig and Ryno] stated that there were filmed versions of all of the houses SOMEWHERE. Clearly, they found at least one, so hopefully that means more...
But maybe im also mixing up 26 and 25?

It looks like they've been posting older recordings once or twice a week to keep publishing content. Looks like 2 weeks ago they did Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem.

Orlando is so strict with the filming of their houses due to competitors/ the general public possibly being able to see videos of the houses in anything less than in its prime condition? I never knew the exact reasoning behind it, although I completely understand the decision.

Orlando is so strict with the filming of their houses due to competitors/ the general public possibly being able to see videos of the houses in anything less than in its prime condition? I never knew the exact reasoning behind it, although I completely understand the decision.
Competition and proprietary work. At least, that was the official reason management gave when we asked in 2002 (while filming Art of the Scare).

Fun fact.

Attachments

• 4BA2408D-7195-4A7E-BAB2-EB93447FF65B.png
    4BA2408D-7195-4A7E-BAB2-EB93447FF65B.png
    643.8 KB · Views: 188
What I wouldn't give for quality videos from like 2004-2010...

Hoping no to Texas Chainsaw - house in 26 was just okay and I feel like it's way too soon to have Leatherface again, particularly when the setting is SO similar to HOTC from last year.

So we have a Pumpkin King house in Sprung 2 and an unknown IP in Sprung 1.

Also, can I just say... If this line-up is accurate, and the missing IP and original are really good... This could be the greatest house line-up we've ever had.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Status
Not open for further replies.