The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody see that Joke of a survey Universal put out?
Testing at the gate?
Yeah, I'll pay for airfare, check into my hotel, all NON refundable, just to be told I'm out of luck?
Who would sign up for this? I highly doubt Uni would reimburse your travel expenses.
This situation sucks, but other than opening as normal with as much cleaning and sanitizing as possible, masks, there is absolutely no way to operate with all of these hypothetical restrictions!
Put out a disclaimer, just like don't swim in the water or risk being eaten by an alligator, or do not come!
As a person at high risk, i'd rather take the risk if I decide to go than be denied or deal with a sub par experience.
Let everyone make a choice and deal with the consequences or this will not work!
Theme parks are experiences, not singular rides, lose the experience, lose the reason to go!

Testing at the gate?
Yeah, I'll pay for airfare, check into my hotel, all NON refundable, just to be told I'm out of luck?
Who would sign up for this? I highly doubt Uni would reimburse your travel expenses.
This situation sucks, but other than opening as normal with as much cleaning and sanitizing as possible, masks, there is absolutely no way to operate with all of these hypothetical restrictions!
Put out a disclaimer, just like don't swim in the water or risk being eaten by an alligator, or do not come!
As a person at high risk, i'd rather take the risk if I decide to go than be denied or deal with a sub par experience.
Let everyone make a choice and deal with the consequences or this will not work!
Theme parks are experiences, not singular rides, lose the experience, lose the reason to go!

It's a survey. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. They are gauging what their consumers are comfortable with.

Mercy! Out of luck? OUT OF LUCK? The only reason they wouldn’t let you in is because you are infected... you could be very very sick in time... and you could infect others... and possibly kill others.

Out of luck... geez

Mercy! Out of luck? OUT OF LUCK? The only reason they wouldn’t let you in is because you are infected... you could be very very sick in time... and you could infect others... and possibly kill others.

Out of luck... geez
That is not the point, who is going to re-reimburse you? It's about people not traveling to the park without knowing. If testing was so available you could test before you go, but if that was the case, then the park would NOT NEED TO TEST! Too many people are thinking with fear and not logic!
Again, if you are Afraid to die, STAY HOME, that is everyone's choice!

Reactions: CoopF22
Testing at the gate?
I imagine they would refund you if it came to that. I once got the flu and couldn't make my hotel reservations...Universal was exceptionally accommodating.

I agree with you that there is a bit of risk you are accepting in this season. Personally, I don't think everyone will be rushing back to the parks immediately.

That is not the point, who is going to re-reimburse you? It's about people not traveling to the park without knowing. If testing was so available you could test before you go, but if that was the case, then the park would NOT NEED TO TEST! Too many people are thinking with fear and not logic!
Again, if you are Afraid to die, STAY HOME, that is everyone's choice!

This is not the thread to discuss this. Please take it to the appropriate COVID thread.

Testing at the gate?
5D4615DC-2EC2-4AC8-8D29-B2E4DE5D8493.jpeg

If the pic was the one I've seen elsewhere, that's definitely B-79. If it wasn't, it seems one essential worker has gotten a little camera happy.

d64.gif

How about this? They say ideas never fully get thrown away. Would this not be the perfect time to implement a parade maybe twice a night and scrap the scarezones? Distance will be made between talent and guests and they could provide social distance guidelines for "gathering" for the parade with marked lines around the route. Call me crazy if it sounds stupid, but I wanted to throw that out there.

How about this? They say ideas never fully get thrown away. Would this not be the perfect time to implement a parade maybe twice a night and scrap the scarezones? Distance will be made between talent and guests and they could provide social distance guidelines for "gathering" for the parade with marked lines around the route. Call me crazy if it sounds stupid, but I wanted to throw that out there.

I've never cared for parades, but yeah, could be optimal time to bring back FotD.

d64.gif

I think scarezones in NY and Hollywood are fine

No Chainsaws in Springfield and no scarezones in the wooded area

d64.gif

Good idea, but if we’re still doing social distancing, the event isn’t happening. It’s already been mentioned, but the event and its infrastructure can’t accommodate the six foot guidance in the streets, lines, houses, and backstage for scareactors.

Good idea, but if we’re still doing social distancing, the event isn’t happening. It’s already been mentioned, but the event and its infrastructure can’t accommodate the six foot guidance in the streets, lines, houses, and backstage for scareactors.
not sure if this belongs in the covid thread, but i wouldn’t mind at all not having the event this year if this gets worse. this pandemic has hit my family particularly hard so they’re my main concern rn, much more so than a halloween event. besides, the more efficiently we get through this, the more these events will bring us together :grin:

Reactions: Grabnar
not sure if this belongs in the covid thread, but i wouldn’t mind at all not having the event this year if this gets worse. this pandemic has hit my family particularly hard so they’re my main concern rn, much more so than a halloween event. besides, the more efficiently we get through this, the more these events will bring us together :grin:

Worst case (well, that I'm willing to acknowledge) this lineup is likely waiting for us next year.

Reactions: Grabnar
I'm up for anything, I mean it's best for the event to be put for next year as for the line up waiting for us next year, I feel like the IPs would probably be changed by then and not available as for the originals those would be available regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath on them holding onto some of the IPs for next year if the event doesn't happen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.