The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 278 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just randomly thought that A Quiet Place could be the secret IP, it would make sense as tier 2-3 property
If A Quiet Place were to happen, i'd think they would need the content from AQP2 to make a full house. With the lack of dialogue and lack of different scenic locations, I think they'd have to really stretch it to make a house just based off of AQP.

Of course, Us was a house last year similar that I think is a good tonal comparison to what an AQP house might be. Us was a very divisive house. Fans of the movie seemed to love it, others seemed to come away disappointed at the lack of "scares" and it being more of a psychological house.

Reactions: JMalez
I just randomly thought that A Quiet Place could be the secret IP, it would make sense as tier 2-3 property
Unless they've decided to really challege themselves, I don't see it coming any time soon. If memory serves it was brought up at Midsummer Scream 2018 by name as a property that would be near impossible to do properly.

Unless they've decided to really challege themselves, I don't see it coming any time soon. If memory serves it was brought up at Midsummer Scream 2018 by name as a property that would be near impossible to do properly.
It really depends on the sequel imo. It seems like it will be more dialogue driven and easier to translate into a house based on the trailer.

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
here’s something pretty cool i just realized: if what we have heard already is true, especially regarding terra cruentus, strict, and the bride, this will most likely be a very maschorian-heavy year! why not being back eddie and ivan the terrible while we’re at it? :grin:

Eddie will be apart of this year but will probably be used in the anniversary zone or house if they do it, as it's A Quiet Place, I mean they could do the house but must be clever with at certain points of the house, especially with the creatures as jumpscares, but then again idk, it does have the part 2 promotion there but I think it could wait to come to the event when they have something they could hold it together with. Idk about Silence Of The Lambs either, whatever the secret IP, I'm sure it will shock all of us in the end if it's still in the cards for this year that is.

IDK. Since it's an in-house property it could be the right combination of cheap and marketable. Plus could fit in smaller venues. That said, they’d have to be careful about shower curtains...

I'd assume they'd have to deal with negotiations with the Hitchcock estate. Along with if they go for certain other films by Hitchcock, having to deal with outer parties.

That said... Hitchcock nor Lambs feel like big IPs that would justify the IP being well..secret.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I think Quiet Place could make a cool maze (especially some of the outdoor portions), but I definitely agree that they should wait until Part 2 is released to do a full house.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Let me know if this isn’t okay but I didn’t want to start a new thread as I don’t think we need another chat about this. I thought this would be interesting to see what the general consensus is:

Let me know if this isn’t okay but I didn’t want to start a new thread as I don’t think we need another chat about this. I thought this would be interesting to see what the general consensus is:

No. Should take the year off. HHN is made to be a spreader event.

Unless the thing completely dies off in the summer (unlikely), it's not the kind of event that should happen.

*ahem*

OK Y'all - since the question keeps being brought up each week; make sure you bookmark, favorite, or save this post for later whenever someone else decides to ask so you can refer them to it.

Will HHN 30 be canceled by COVID? It's too early to tell, but probably not. Information is changing daily, and we're seemingly on a downward trend than what was expected. I know there is a contingency plan in place in case we get to that point, as any smart business should have set for the rest of the year - but it is not expected. We're a little over 5 months out and a lot can change. Hell, things have changed from last week so...

Bottom line: I would anticipate HHN happening. Will there be impacts? Probably, yes. You'll probably see pulsing done. Less SIF (stuff in face). It's also possible you could see fewer actors in the streets.

This is an unprecedented time for all, especially the parks. They are taking it one day at a time, just like us. While it's scary to have so much up in the air, we shouldn't let the default response become the most severe.

Attachments

• tap the sign.jpg
    tap the sign.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 72
I've been thinking--the reason the event went to Islands in the first place was to draw people back after 9/11. So in the years following this, could we see them do some creative and innovative things with the event to get people back?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I've been thinking. The reason the event went to Islands in the first place was to draw people back after 9/11. So in the years following this, could we see them do some creative and innovative things with the event to get people back?
I don’t think we’d see any potential changes until EU opens...and even then I think the event just works too well at USF for them to change much

I don’t think we’d see any potential changes until EU opens...and even then I think the event just works too well at USF for them to change much

Not necessarily talking about location. Just the event in general.

I wonder what IPs they would seek out. It doesn't SOUND like any of the IPs planned this year were huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.