The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picking this up from yesterday:

Nope. Not really. Ignoring securing rights, Scream and Conjuring are pretty much it. The IT ship has passed to really capitalize on it, but still strong enough. Everything else is fine but not Walking Dead/ST/Big 3 Slashers "huge".
The ship has passed for IT but it’s definitely still the top tier IP. It’s bigger than Scream, Hellraiser, and conjuring IMO.

Just picking this up from yesterday:

Nope. Not really. Ignoring securing rights, Scream and Conjuring are pretty much it. The IT ship has passed to really capitalize on it, but still strong enough. Everything else is fine but not Walking Dead/ST/Big 3 Slashers "huge".

Me knowing IT will never happen but still being hopelessly optimistic

Attachments

• 98BE6C7B-3331-4953-966A-0C3A21560EA4.jpeg
    98BE6C7B-3331-4953-966A-0C3A21560EA4.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 11
I’d rank them Conjuring, IT, Scream, Hellraiser. Problem is, every year that passes slides IT down the scale. Next year, I’d put it below Scream. Two years after that, I’d put it below Hellraiser.
Ooof. I do not agree with that at all. IT is always going to be higher than Hellraiser, at the very least. Pennywise is just way more popular of a character than Pinhead. Especially to the GP.

I’d rank them Conjuring, IT, Scream, Hellraiser. Problem is, every year that passes slides IT down the scale. Next year, I’d put it below Scream. Two years after that, I’d put it below Hellraiser.
I have to be honest, I completely disagree with you on that. Two years from now it would still be on top of Scream. With conjuring? I don’t know since there’s a new one coming out this year.( If it doesn’t get pushed back till next year).

Conjuring itself is popular but it’s the spinoff characters that put it above IT. For every person that knows Pennywise, they likely also know Annabelle and the Nun. Maybe even Bathsheba, Crooked Man, & Bill Wilkins if they’re into the main franchise.

Scream is a weird one since it is less popular than IT but the Ghostface mask is just so iconic.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In my opinion, Pennywise probably ends up going down as the most iconic horror villain of the 2010s, or at the VERY least, top 3. I think he has a lot of staying power and will be a pull no matter what year they do it. I see it being like how Freddy, for example, is still an iconic horror character to this day despite being brought to life in the 80s.
Time may run out to have IT anchor the event by itself, but it's going to be a relevant enough property to bring any year they can do it.

Ooof. I do not agree with that at all. IT is always going to be higher than Hellraiser, at the very least. Pennywise is just way more popular of a character than Pinhead. Especially to the GP.

Until the new Hellraiser movie comes out, of course. It'll get a good bump over IT that year.

Conjuring itself is popular but it’s the spinoff characters that put it above IT. For every person that knows Pennywise, they likely also know Annabelle and the Nun. Maybe even Bathsheba, Crooked Man, & Bill Wilkins if they’re into the main franchise.

Scream is a weird one since it is less popular than IT but the Ghostface mask is just so iconic.
The spinoffs don’t put it on top of IT. There’s a reason why IT is still the highest grossing horror film. Again, Conjuring is still VERY popular to horror fans and the GP but Pennywise is more popular. I mean still till this day I see memes of Pennywise on social media. Yes the GP are aware of Annabelle and the nun but Pennywise still tops it by a mile.

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
Not that I disagree...but would have said that before September 2017?

Yes. There was enthusiasm for IT in the horror community, but it's also a niche counterculture that tends to grow wary of mainstream adoption. (No one wants to hear this, but here ya go.) There was plenty of resistance to "New Pennywise" versus Tim Curry, and the film was driven to success thanks to general public fervor, not the horror community backing the thing.

I think we can all agree though WB has the 2 biggest recent horror IPs.

Wish Miramax didn’t have a cut of the new Halloween franchise since that’d be a great house and a huge IP.

Reactions: ModDesigner23
There was plenty of resistance to "New Pennywise" versus Tim Curry, and the film was driven to success thanks to general public fervor, not the horror community backing the thing.

My point being, if the GP latches onto a redesign/actor's take of Pinhead (or whatever cenobites they end up using) from the re-boot; we could easily have another icon near the new Pennywise in popularity.

Skip does also have a point that IT was starting from a little better position, just because of the King association.

Just gonna throw my opinion out here - IT will draw in both general public and horror fans. Maybe this is anecdotal but most horror fans I know have adopted "new Pennywise" as the better version of the character and "new IT" as the better version of the story.

While the horror community likes to try to separate itself from the "general public", their opinions overlap a lot more than they'd like to admit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.