The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I wouldn't give for quality videos from like 2004-2010...

Hoping no to Texas Chainsaw - house in 26 was just okay and I feel like it's way too soon to have Leatherface again, particularly when the setting is SO similar to HOTC from last year.
I found a couple of great ones on YouTube the other day....I wish the Travel Channel had made HHN a series though

Reactions: jseal777
Has anybody else seen the twitter page @CountdownHhn and they count down the days till hhn and then they put __ days until... You’ll see? Just wondering if anybody knows if he has any inside info or something

Has anybody else seen the twitter page @CountdownHhn and they count down the days till hhn and then they put __ days until... You’ll see? Just wondering if anybody knows if he has any inside info or something

The Twitter page literally says "Hey fiends, I want to clear something up: IF AN ANNOUNCEMENT OCCURS ON APRIL 21ST, IT’S EITHER SHEER COINCIDENCE OR SOMEONE ON UNIVERSAL’S PR TEAM MESSING WITH ME. I DOUBT THE LATTER. The second countdown is just to my 21st birthday and I was hoping I could do a stream w/ y’all"

If they did the OG Dungeon Of Terror, it would be amazing to see what they could do with this version, Retold was ehhh and I don't think had documented what the original looked, like footage mean, only blueprints or something, great to see the sign is still around from 25 tribute store and then brought in for Jack's Carnage Returns, but I'm sure they might have to edit it down a bit due to this virus. Hope it delivers what they are going for and what the original was all about.

Reactions: reeseyNG
I know this has absolutely nothing to do with current speculation, but I really don't see why a "horrors of A24" type house hasn't been done yet. Those movies don't lend themselves to houses on their own, but a mashup of The VVitch, Midsommar, The Lighthouse, and Hereditary could make a pretty cool mashup. Plus you'd get the film bro market, haha. This probably isn't in store for this year but I feel like could probably be done in 31 or something.

Sorry if this is wishlisty, just trying to make convo

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with current speculation, but I really don't see why a "horrors of A24" type house hasn't been done yet. Those movies don't lend themselves to houses on their own, but a mashup of The VVitch, Midsommar, The Lighthouse, and Hereditary could make a pretty cool mashup. Plus you'd get the film bro market, haha. This probably isn't in store for this year but I feel like could probably be done in 31 or something.

Licensing an “A24“ compilation house would be incredibly expensive, because Universal has to license which of them independently. Add in that A24 is still pretty niche, that cost wouldn’t be worth it.

Licensing an “A24“ compilation house would be incredibly expensive, because Universal has to license which of them independently. Add in that A24 is still pretty niche, that cost wouldn’t be worth it.
Totally makes sense. Was it the same for those Blumhouse compilation houses? I'm assuming if so they did it because Blumhouse brings sweet, sweet profits.

Honestly they could just do a generic Lighthouse haunt and it would have the same effect

Just a thought but could Pumpkin potentially be related to Twisted Tradition? Twisted was about human sacrifices and pumpkin people so that would fit with a Pumpkin Lord written in blood.

Also, the secret IP seems like it’ll definitely be a headliner if last year is an indicator with the 4 marquee IPs.

Just a thought but could Pumpkin potentially be related to Twisted Tradition? Twisted was about human sacrifices and pumpkin people so that would fit with a Pumpkin Lord written in blood.

Also, the secret IP seems like it’ll definitely be a headliner if last year is an indicator with the 4 marquee IPs.
I was talking about it before that the zone would really work as a house, the setting would be cool, give it the same treatment like they did for Graveyard Games and I’m sure it would be a killer house. All props can be reused and the facade could be the cathedral like it was in the zone and they could have a part of the house where we are surrounded by the pumpkins glowing.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Status
Not open for further replies.