The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we are talking only Billie Eilish (and only her ) i have actually watched all of her videos and some live performances recently, but i dont see that much to fit an entire house? there arent enough elements for a full house, are they asking her directly for ideas? like, brand new ideas? im genuinely curious how that house is gonna work, i know a couple of videos have creepy elements, but practically speaking, they are few?

and some stuff like the vid with the burning wings seems not practical, kinda? the video with the black drink pouring out of her eyes, that could be an actress in the house, but, how will they fill a full house? am i missing more stuff? where are they working from? im not even negative, i watched her vids but dont see much

the house will be original content never seen before yes?

Last edited:
if we are talking only Billie Eilish (and only her ) i have actually watched all of her videos and some live performances recently, but i dont see that much to fit an entire house? there arent enough elements for a full house, are they asking her directly for ideas? like, brand new ideas? im genuinely curious how that house is gonna work, i know a couple of videos have creepy elements, but practically speaking, they are few?

and some stuff like the vid with the burning wings seems not practical, kinda? the video with the black drink pouring out of her eyes, that could be an actress in the house, but, how will they fill a full house? am i missing more stuff? where are they working from? im not even negative, i watched her vids but dont see much

It wouldn't be too surprising if the designers create new scenes inspired by the music that isn't pulled directly from the music videos, since even with non-music IPs the Orlando team likes to do an original scene here and there. I don't think Eilish would be the one to come up with new ideas directly, but I have no doubt they'd send the ideas her way for approval.

It wouldn't be too surprising if the designers create new scenes inspired by the music that isn't pulled directly from the music videos, since even with non-music IPs the Orlando team likes to do an original scene here and there. I don't think Eilish would be the one to come up with new ideas directly, but I have no doubt they'd send the ideas her way for approval.
if they actually have to do this, then yeah this house can really turn amazing

I don’t hate Iron Maiden. I honestly don’t care about Iron Maiden. I can’t think of a single one of their songs. It’s entirely possible I’ve never even heard any of their music before.

What I hate are unnecessary and incessant conversations about what is or isn’t “appropriate” for HHN. If it shows up, someone decided it was appropriate. It’s not our place, as fans, to pass judgement on it. It’s there. Move on.

There are objective reasons why Billie Eilish is rumored, just as there are objective reasons why previous albums appeared beyond “appropriateness,” and there are objective reasons why Universal hasn’t pursued other bands. Personal opinion doesn’t matter. The situation just IS.

But, there’s now two pages of discussion about a band with no connection to HHN other than “want,” stemming from fans who refuse to accept that Universal is more interested in marketing to teens and early 20-something’s who like pop music than cater to the taste of fans who are showing up to the regardless of what the houses are.

If you want to talk about Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slipknot, or Kenny G, take it to the Wishful Thinking thread. If you’re sore that Universal could bring Billie Eilish to the event, tough. Her visuals work. The music can work. If you can’t see that, that’s your own lack of creativity. Every year, there’s a least anticipated, “I don’t know how this will work,” house that ends becoming a fan favorite. I HOPE it’s Billie this year. I hope Beetlejuice is a wet fart and Billie Eilish is a GOAT, because the petulant gatekeeping on the topic has been infuriating.

That’s what I hate.

I mean, Beetlejuice is the other rumored “light” house, so I wouldn’t consider it flopping to be comeuppance for the die-hards. The icons house, on the other hand...

(CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON FROM IRON MAIDEN?)

I can totally live with two houses for the younger crowd (the other being Beetlejuice), as long as the rest is “hard” (all the originals LY).

Speaking of Beetlejuice, it’d be so funny if he were on a scaffold in the facade wearing a mask and complaining that he had to wear one.
I don’t think Beetlejuice counts as young crowd anymore. But Billie would definetly make up for their being one youth house. I think it’s a good idea, from a marketing and content standpoint. I’m a teen and have never heard of Iron Maiden and neither have any of my friends, so I definitely think BE is the better option.
I definitely wouldn’t say Beetlejuice is a younger crowd pull... the movie came out the year i was born and I’m 32 today :party: so people that we’re watching it when it came out are even older than i am. I don’t even think Beetlejuice would fall under something making a big comeback with younger kids.

I definitely wouldn’t say Beetlejuice is a younger crowd pull... the movie came out the year i was born and I’m 32 today :party: so people that we’re watching it when it came out are even older than i am. I don’t even think Beetlejuice would fall under something making a big comeback with younger kids.

bettlejuice is definitely for the 40 year old plus crowd

Ellish is very popular but she doesn’t fit in hhn iron maiden,slipknot and rob zombie do.

Yes, she does fit, she just doesn’t fit with what you want to see at HHN-and that’s ok.

If they can make a great house out of a horror movie that primarily takes place in one bedroom, I don’t doubt that they can make a great house with Billie Eilish’s work.

Yes, she does fit, she just doesn’t fit with what you want to see at HHN-and that’s ok.

If they can make a great house out of a horror movie that primarily takes place in one bedroom, I don’t doubt that they can make a great house with Billie Eilish’s work.

true

Beetlejuice I feel they will give the KKFOS treatment from last year, it worked well and the puppeteer-ing would be awesome for the Beetlesnake and Sandworm, I'd love to see a room where it'd be similar to the Clown arm in Poltergeist and then lead us to Beetlejuices' snake head as one of the big scares laughing at us out of the room and maybe the Sandworm popping it's head out of the door similar to the scene when Barbra is about to slam the door on it, it'd be cool to have them use a screen behind the door. I'd love to see if they would take it into the room of the lost souls of the damned, of course it would be a black wall room but it would be something cool, sorta like they took us into the light in Poltergeist.

Last edited:
I hope Beetlejuice is a wet fart and Billie Eilish is a GOAT, because the petulant gatekeeping on the topic has been infuriating.
Heh. Heh. Farts.

This is why, for the ratio split argument, I've said it's going to be more like 7/3 in OG's favor. A&D is eating up this house right now because they got saddled with an IP opportunity where they can be creative. This is the only reason why I'm looking forward to this house.

Heh. Heh. Farts.

This is why, for the ratio split argument, I've said it's going to be more like 7/3 in OG's favor. A&D is eating up this house right now because they got saddled with an IP opportunity where they can be creative. This is the only reason why I'm looking forward to this house.

I'd really wanna see how they pull this house off, I remembered before the rumor broke out it really was annoying to me but listening to her music and seeing her videos because of my gf, I'd give her a shot. honestly I just hope they don't rush it or anything and give it something you know, whether a house or show it's definitely be given an open-minded view, people may not like the artist but the house or show might be really good, it sucks though they were sorta just thrown this idea and not wanting but they'll give it their best attention. I would honestly laugh if ours is better than Hollywood's lol.

I saw them in England and I want This thing in a MUSE themed house. Now.

Summer of 2007 at Madison Square Garden for me - Probably the single greatest concert I've ever attended. Matt Bellamy is 1 of maybe 2 modern musicians I'd trust with conceptualizing their own HHN house, the other being Mike Patton.

Sidenote: For anyone who's a fan of horror imagery and influences in music and music videos, I highly recommend The Buttress. Very Wu Tang-inspired hip-hop with a lot of horror-infused, artsy music videos, particularly The Attic and Brutus.

On topic: My mind is wide open on the Billie Eilish thing. If she gets to conceptualize an original house or if creative runs with some interpretation of her music, none of us know what to expect and that's kind of fun in and of itself. It's one of those things I won't knock until I try it.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I'd really wanna see how they pull this house off, I remembered before the rumor broke out it really was annoying to me but listening to her music and seeing her videos because of my gf, I'd give her a shot. honestly I just hope they don't rush it or anything and give it something you know, whether a house or show it's definitely be given an open-minded view, people may not like the artist but the house or show might be really good, it sucks though they were sorta just thrown this idea and not wanting but they'll give it their best attention. I would honestly laugh if ours is better than Hollywood's lol.

i dont think it is about not liking the artist, but it is so left field. very unprecedented and unique? theres nothing to compared to. or have any idea of. i think the freak out is because of how unique the situation is.

im gonna read all her lyrics of all her songs next to analyze for clues or visuals.
maybe theres something there.

Summer of 2007 at Madison Square Garden for me - Probably the single greatest concert I've ever attended. Matt Bellamy is 1 of maybe 2 modern musicians I'd trust with conceptualizing their own HHN house, the other being Mike Patton.

Sidenote: For anyone who's a fan of horror imagery and influences in music and music videos, I highly recommend The Buttress. Very Wu Tang-inspired hip-hop with a lot of horror-infused, artsy music videos, particularly The Attic and Brutus.

On topic: My mind is wide open on the Billie Eilish thing. If she gets to conceptualize an original house or if creative runs with some interpretation of her music, none of us know what to expect and that's kind of fun in and of itself. It's one of those things I won't knock until I try it.

i would wonder,
what if billie eilish turned out to want a super crazy super scary super creepy house full of scary creatures,
but then i remember this house is geared to teens so while i have an open mind about it, i know we cant expect anything too crazy

theres no way to know what they will do, but we have to remember the house is geared towards teens and kids.

Last edited:
i dont think it is about not liking the artist, but it is so left field. very unprecedented and unique? theres nothing to compared to. or have any idea of. i think the freak out is because of how unique the situation is.

im gonna read all her lyrics of all her songs next to analyze for clues or visuals.
maybe theres something there.

It is very random but then again, it's not the first time and definitely not the last. The event doesn't cater to the diehards anymore and yes that could upset people when hearing that but again we are not behind the scenes, we don't run the event, we go like everyone else. Enjoy what we see and not or what have you. The idea is unique, yes it seems like an eh idea but it's something to give a try and to experience with an open mind instead of instantly judging it. Anyways, let's just end the Eillish talk and go back to Beetlejuice and the other properties.

It is very random but then again, it's not the first time and definitely not the last. The event doesn't cater to the diehards anymore and yes that could upset people when hearing that but again we are not behind the scenes, we don't run the event, we go like everyone else. Enjoy what we see and not or what have you. The idea is unique, yes it seems like an eh idea but it's something to give a try and to experience with an open mind instead of instantly judging it. Anyways, let's just end the Eillish talk and go back to Beetlejuice and the other properties.

aye aye captain

So... At this point is TCM a shoe in? If that even exists in the Horror nights world xD
Would anybody go all in on it? The rumor is still kinda early so that's why I ask if I can expect it within the lineup this year.

I love how it's a mystery on how it's actually going to be represented. A "best of" or "mashup" of all the films kinda sails my ship.

My big oh no moment rn is that it seems that the TCM house will be in need of more actors then Uni is allowed to put in them. Most of these films have more people slashers rather then things being able to replicate using animatronics. Not sure what this means for the house, but it may just be the sad reality that the house will be lacking.

One thing from a practical standpoint, for the people who aren't jazzed up about a Billie Eilish house, it's still a good thing. With likely capped capacity and possible "virtual reservations" of sorts, with the high popularity of Billie Eilish, I think the younger crowd will be gobbling up the Eilish house as their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities, leaving all the other houses more open to the rest of us.

If there was a year to have an Eilish house (again for those who don't really want it), this would be the year. With capped capacity & these virtual reservations, you may not get through all the houses anyway. Why not have the house you aren't interested in be the most popular house for much of the crowd? I just hope they put it at the front of the park, but my GUESS would be that it ends up in MiB.

Now, saying all that, I'm totally reserving judgment on these houses because, again, Graveyard Games was my least anticipated house last year and ended up being my favorite, whereas Ghostbusters was my most anticipated house and end up being my least favorite. I probably won't be attending early September because it's so ridiculously hot & wearing masks in that heat isn't enjoyable for me - so they'll be plenty of time to read people's reviews and ranks on the houses.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

theres no way to know what they will do, but we have to remember the house is geared towards teens and kids.

Literally the entirety of the parts I quoted should be a good thing. How often do people complain about HHN falling into the habit of getting too comfortable and needing to change things up? Let them experiment. If it flops, it flops. We've had plenty of trash houses in the past. Let the potential of something unprecedented excite you. We don't need to know everything in June :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.