The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 425 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... Dark Horizons is not Halloween Horror Nights... operationally, it's not even in the same league.

Its cancelation has more to do with its parent company's financial troubles than it does the pandemic. Let's not go down the "is HHN canceled or not" path in this thread, as we have insisted, repeatedly.
I Personally wasn’t. I’m assuming my local haunt is going to be canceled simply because of the budget. I don’t believe Universal will be struggling with the same thing considering how strong their HHN fanbase is.

Respectfully, there is a separate thread to discuss Dark Harbor and its events. Posting it in the HHN30 has a connotation.
Is this a MNSSHP thread? Yet I remember talking about it on here. Same with other Haunts. So I didn't mean to say HHN is cancelled, just letting everyone know haunt news.

Is this a MNSSHP thread? Yet I remember talking about it on here. Same with other Haunts. So I didn't mean to say HHN is cancelled, just letting everyone know haunt news.
MNSSHP talk was shot down pretty quick, if I remember correctly. Plus, that wasn’t a haunt event, Dark Horizons is. Posting about Dark Horizons cancellation only brings chaos into here that MNSSHP didn’t

And in each case it inevitably devolved into speculation on whether or not HHN is going to happen, the discussion of which we have asked not take over this thread. I'm sure you meant well, but let's please keep this thread to speculation on what Horror Nights 30 will consist of, not whether it will exist.

The fact dark harbor seemed way to claustrophobic and busy for me to attempt last year surprises me in absolutely 0 ways it was canceled this year. HHN is not a local haunt. Universal has a huge budget to help social distancing while most local haunts are cheaply put together with little budgets.

Getting back to the topic of possibly getting an ad and announcement this Wednesday, I feel like its too early to get an ad an house announcement, considering the fact the current state we're in, I think it may be more reasonable to release the ad and announcement later on in July, than doing it this week. But thats just my two cents.

Getting back to the topic of possibly getting an ad and announcement this Wednesday, I feel like its too early to get an ad an house announcement, considering the fact the current state we're in, I think it may be more reasonable to release the ad and announcement later on in July, than doing it this week. But thats just my two cents.
The only reason I would see universal doing it is to have that “Big News” publicity before the mouse opens. The bogo ends July 22 so I guess it’s possible they would want a announcement to sell more tickets

It will be very interesting to see what gets thrown up around August, streets and facade wise. This year is such an outlier from previous ones and we don't have any street spec even comparable to the past few years. It's pretty nice to have a couple surprises left for us to anticipate. That doesn't really happen this late in the game.

No matter what happens, we're very close to the finish line. July and August are gonna be behind us before we know it.

It will be very interesting to see what gets thrown up around August, streets and facade wise. This year is such an outlier from previous ones and we don't have any street spec even comparable to the past few years. It's pretty nice to have a couple surprises left for us to anticipate. That doesn't really happen this late in the game.

No matter what happens, we're very close to the finish line. July and August are gonna be behind us before we know it.
I keep having a reoccurring dream where I just show up to hhn without any announcements and walk around completely clueless so at this point that’s how I’m expecting this year to go :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.