The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now with the shortcuts and letters, I'm gonna take another stab at this. All the previous info remains - as a refresher:

Well, it's from the rapper NF and the associated with the album Perception it seems at first glance. Not seeing an article that contains it though as of yet. So this photo COULD be cropped from the first actual website that popped up for me regarding the Perception Tour.

The "letter" that @Legacy put with this is "Z" - so we're probably all mostly in agreement that means it's a "Scare Zone" clue.

The "shortcut" he gave us is "Capitol". For me, it probably means US Capitol - which is located in Washington D.C.

So, back to that Perception Tour (the post clue). Looked for when NF might have played in Washington D.C. on the Perception Tour - and it was October 14. Doing a quick search for all things October 14 related from a horror standpoint I came up with: The Thing (2011) released. The Fog (2005) released. Pumpkinhead (1988) released.

But remember, we're dealing with a SCAREZONE and not a HOUSE on this one - so I think The Thing and Pumpkinhead would probably be eliminated. However, I have always thought that The Fog would make a tremendous scare zone if done correctly. So that is GUESS #1.

GUESS #2 involves something called "Jack Goes Home", which was released on October 14, 2016 (New poster and trailer for SXSW hit JACK GOES HOME - In Select Theaters and On-Demand/Digital October 14th | Horror Society). It stars a whole bunch of actors who have been in horror movies such as Scream 4, Intruders, The Ring, and Insidious. But I don't think that matters - I think the title "Jack Goes Home" is the clue - which leads to the icon "Jack" having his own scarezone for HHN 30 (which might actually be called "Jack Goes Home").
NF record label company is also Capitol records, which is located in LA California. I tried looking up the tour dates at LA, and one was in Hollywood CA at November 8th. I looked up horror movies released on November 8th and the only thing I could find was Dr Sleep, but that’s not happening for sure. I looked up horror films filmed in LA and They Live is one of films they filmed there, and it could work as a scarezone. Though it wasn’t on the same day, it was released on November aswell.

Reactions: JJ591
The trailer for Us dropped 3 months before release, so I feel like it’ll come out pretty soon. I heard they’ve already started test screening Candyman so it’s definitely finished

Yeah, this isn't like It two years ago when the studio unexpectedly hoarded its properties. This is a Universal-distributed film, by a production company that's friendly with Universal, who had a house last year that was the best received house on one coast, with the tape in Stranger Things to top it all off. Seriously, from a logical standpoint it would be a head scratcher if we don't get Candyman.

Reactions: randomguesser
Well, when I tried to "solve" this clue, I didn't have Conjuring on a list of things I "knew" or "thought" were coming. I actually had no preconceived notions except for maybe Candyman this year. When I first logged in, I saw others give that answer, but I wouldn't couch my dot-connecting as "random guessing" or following any preconceived ideas. I just followed the clue and this is where it led me.

[This one is really interesting. I wish I had thought about it before some others had gone down their respective paths, because I believe The Conjuring (or an "offshoot" of The Conjuring) is the correct path from what my head is telling me. I know some others have theorized The Conjuring already, so my apologies to those folks if I'm reiterating some of your notes.

* The clue is indeed the Coat of Arms for Francis Patrick Keough
* Francis Patrick Keough was born in Connecticut and was the Bishop of Providence, Rhode Island
* Lorraine Warren was born and died in Connecticut.
* The house that inspired The Conjuring is located in Rhode Island.
** So that's 2 connections to Francis Patrick Keough and The Conjuring

* Now, the fact that the clue itself is a coat of arms for a clergyman points me through The Conjuring and directly to The Nun (remember that Legacy warned us that the clues can lead to an answer that is simply another clue - The Conjuring could be the answer to part of the clue, but not the final answer).

* The Nun follows a Roman Catholic priest and a nun in Romania. Francis Patrick Keough was part of the Roman Catholic Church, so there is a general connection there.
* The Nun also has a very gothic feel to it. Coats of Arms generally have a gothic feel to them as well.
* The saying at the bottom of the Coat of Arms is "Maria Spes Nostra", which translates to "Mary, our hope". One of the more famous prayers in Roman Catholicism is "Hail Mary", which stems from that fact that Roman Catholics believe Jesus to be our savior (or hope). Mary Magdalene was the mother for Jesus in Roman Catholicism, thereby making her our hope and savior by the transitive property. So that's where the "Mary" part of the clue ties into the religious aspect which transcends The Conjuring through to The Nun.

* So, for me, the dual connection of Keough to The Conjuring through similar birth state to Lorraine Warren and the fact that he was the Bishop of a state which housed the inspiration to The Conjuring. Then, the religious aspects come into play to take it from The Conjuring to The Nun. The Nun also performed VERY well at the box office and, coincidentally, there is a sequel in the works right now that is scheduled to release this October.

Now, the fact that The Nun is a Warner Brothers film is an issue that I cannot explain away and makes me think this is off base. However, MAYBE the fact that the sequel is releasing at the end of October, Warner Brothers makes a deal with Universal to allow the property at HHN 30 which, in turn, will RAISE the profile of the release and Warner Brothers pulls in more money from the movie BECAUSE of HHN. That might be more off track, but there are enough connecting factors here for me to take the swing and guess The Nun as the final answer to this clue.]
Your logic was sound, and you hit a triple on it. It just wasn’t my specific logic on it. I still appreciate your thought process. I wanted to explain it, like I said, so you could see MY logic.
@Legacy.
Is it safe to speculate that a Video game IP won't appear for 30? Or can we maybe expect something?
Just curious, thanks.
I haven’t heard anything video game related for Orlando.
Piggybacking on the "shortcuts" @Legacy gave us, I'm going to double down on my answer for the 4th clue (Sane Abandoned Firetruck)

The reason I am doubling down on a Halloween movie (likely Halloween 5, but possibly one of the newer ones) is that, along with following the clue itself where somebody else got the notion that "location" was the clue which took me to Haddonfield, the "shortcut" we got was "Festival". Well, the celebration of Halloween originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. So, in this case, the clue and the shortcut CAN both point to Halloween (not necessarily, but it CAN). Halloween 6 actually starts to flesh out the Samhain connection to Michael Myers (through Paul Rudd exposition); but, I doubt they'd do 6 before doing 5 since they did 4 two years ago.

So, this isn't a new guess. But it's a cementing of my Halloween house (likely Halloween 5) guess from before.
Don’t bands play festivals, though? #CMM
Okay, now with the shortcuts and letters, I'm gonna take another stab at this. All the previous info remains - as a refresher:

Well, it's from the rapper NF and the associated with the album Perception it seems at first glance. Not seeing an article that contains it though as of yet. So this photo COULD be cropped from the first actual website that popped up for me regarding the Perception Tour.

The "letter" that @Legacy put with this is "Z" - so we're probably all mostly in agreement that means it's a "Scare Zone" clue.

The "shortcut" he gave us is "Capitol". For me, it probably means US Capitol - which is located in Washington D.C.

So, back to that Perception Tour (the post clue). Looked for when NF might have played in Washington D.C. on the Perception Tour - and it was October 14. Doing a quick search for all things October 14 related from a horror standpoint I came up with: The Thing (2011) released. The Fog (2005) released. Pumpkinhead (1988) released.

But remember, we're dealing with a SCAREZONE and not a HOUSE on this one - so I think The Thing and Pumpkinhead would probably be eliminated. However, I have always thought that The Fog would make a tremendous scare zone if done correctly. So that is GUESS #1.

GUESS #2 involves something called "Jack Goes Home", which was released on October 14, 2016 (New poster and trailer for SXSW hit JACK GOES HOME - In Select Theaters and On-Demand/Digital October 14th | Horror Society). It stars a whole bunch of actors who have been in horror movies such as Scream 4, Intruders, The Ring, and Insidious. But I don't think that matters - I think the title "Jack Goes Home" is the clue - which leads to the icon "Jack" having his own scarezone for HHN 30 (which might actually be called "Jack Goes Home").
Something else opened in the capital on that day.

Your logic was sound, and you hit a triple on it. It just wasn’t my specific logic on it. I still appreciate your thought process. I wanted to explain it, like I said, so you could see MY logic.

I haven’t heard anything video game related for Orlando.

Don’t bands play festivals, though? #CMM

Something else opened in the capital on that day.

Madea house #confirmed

I spent about an hour earlier googling, following the details from @Legacy , still came up nothing. So I've gone to get drunk watching the superbowl.

Superbowl, football players...

Beetlejuice house confirmed.

(And yes I am joking)
I'm on glass #2 and I'll do my best not to post while drunk..but who knows my predictions might be better..LOL.

Will take a 99.99 percent likely to be wrong guess at the pie.

Since the lagoon clue is #5, I'll guess L is location. Since he wants us to "show our work," American Pie came out in 1999. Gee, what opened in 1999? Therefore I'm saying this is a two park rumor. He did say this was probably fake, right?

To piggy back on this as probably not true but IOA opened in 1999 and with “L” being location a two park event would make sense. To add to this HHN 15 was a two park event and Terra Queen was the event icon or Logo. So if she does make a return this year a two park event makes sense.

Jack is said to be the icon and not her so this doesn’t help.

Another guess I have is it being at IOA only. With the connection to “1999”= IOA and not anything to connect to US and being a two park event.

When searching “Washington DC horror” with a specific time filter for 10/14/2018-10/16/2018, this is what I found of note.

Looks like previews of the Beetlejuice Musical that opened in March 2019 began in DC the night of 10/14/2018.

Last edited:

When searching “Washington DC horror” with a specific time filter for 10/15/2018, this is what I found of note.

Looks like previews of the Beetlejuice Musical that opened in March 2019 began in DC the night of 10/15/2018.

On October 14. So Beetlejuice is rumored to be next in line for the Trick r Treatment?

Reactions: johnathanm
Status
Not open for further replies.