The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we think about it, the rumoured houses for this years event actually make perfect sense for the big 30th Anniversary..
1. Beetlejuice - A great tribute to a classic character who has had a major presence in the Universal parks over the years. And though yes it will be the comedy house, its still spookier than Ghostbusters and lends its self more to a haunt.
2. The Bride Featuring The Music of Billie Eilish - In a sense it is like paying tribute to the Classic Monsters as they started Universal’s Horror Legacy but without having to feature all of them as we just saw the whole gang at HHN 29.
3. Terra Cruentus - This one is a no brainer. The Terra Queen lore says she will return every 15 years after her sacrifice thus beginning another Season of The Queen. 15 years after HHN 15 is HHN 30. A wonderful way to continue the lore and pay tribute to HHN 15’s beautiful story line. I can only think how incredible this house will be.
4. Bedtime Stories - Assuming this is the house that was suppose to be at HHN 29, I can imagine that its rumoured to return this year because the creative team feels that it will be a successful house and wants to see it come to fruition.
5. Dungeon of Terror - Pays tribute to the house that started it all back in 1991. A fantastic idea!
6. Pumpkin - This could be seen as a tribute to the wonderful former senior director of HHN Orlando, especially if it involves the story of a certain character named Nathaniel Crowe...
7. Secret IP - If its true that the font of this on the speculation map matches that of the IP then I would guess it might be either John Carpenter’s The Thing or Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. Either would be a great IP to bring to a anniversary year.
8. Haunting of Hill House - Possibly the biggest IP this year. This simply takes over the slot of Stranger Things and thus continues the successful partnership with Netflix.
9. Legendary Truth - Well if it continues with the “Carey, Ohio” story line then one could possibly say that this is a very special tribute to one of the creative team members and a great way to involve Legendary Truth.
10. Unknown Original - Theres not much to say about this house as its quite literally UNKNOWN... other than the thought that this house could possibly be one big Icon Mashup. If not it could be something completely different. But since none of the other houses are traditional “anniversary houses” this one could possibly be it and the idea of all of the Icons in a house together would be amazing. This house would slap so hard!

Last edited:
I didn’t do SketchUp builds. It takes time and I have to ask a friend to export to video for me (I own a Chromebook, so can only use the web-based version).

There are layouts though.

Revit is the way to go. The majority of architecture and engineering firms use it now a days. Also, you can get some pretty solid 3D renderings on Revit if you ever use it to design a haunt.

Revit is the way to go. The majority of architecture and engineering firms use it now a days. Also, you can get some pretty solid 3D renderings on Revit if you ever use it to design a haunt.
I do the stuff as a hobby. My career is pretty set and, since SketchUp is Universal’s program of choice, that’s the program I mess with. I build all my mock-ups with the free, web-based version because it’s free and web-based.

Reactions: ModDesigner23
As for Beetlejuice scenes I’d love to see, of course the “Shrimp Dance” scene in the style of the “Shining” bar room (I imagine the trigger being “Six foot, Seven foot, Eight foot BUNCH”, the lights go out and shrimp hands pop out of crevices like in Seeds of Extinction.)

Also, the Maitland masks, the sheets (perhaps the same scare?), Juno’s smoking neck and the waiting room (Miss Argentina, etc.), and of course the Sandworm and all of the third act monsters. I’m sure Lydia will pop-scare near the beginning too in “AHS” say some line and hide again fashion, surely. The ending might be a fake out, with Lydia floating and the Maitlands dancing, a pop-scare from a football player, and then a final Beetlejuice after the proper house exit, perhaps with the shrunken head man just behind him.

Funny enough, Beetlejuice himself is not the character I’m most interested in seeing in his own house! I’d wanna see the scenes play in the way that Halloween and AHS were successful, and perhaps not in the way that Ghostbusters wasn’t. Then after scene three or four (once we pass under the “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice” neon), the house would turn towards chaos and skew “original” like Poltergeist and to some extent the Shining.

The most effective scene in Poltergeist, to me, was the scene that told the story with the mother, then had the giant set piece on stilts, and finally the pop scare, or in Texas Chainsaw when Sally jumps out the window. Totally took my breath away, and it’s the exact thing no other haunt can do because of licensing, casting, and technical effects. I hope they do something like that here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
As for Beetlejuice scenes I’d love to see, of course the “Shrimp Dance” scene in the style of the “Shining” bar room (I imagine the trigger being “Six foot, Seven foot, Eight foot BUNCH”, the lights go out and shrimp hands pop out of crevices like in Seeds of Extinction.)

Also, the Maitland masks, the sheets (perhaps the same scare?), Juno’s smoking neck and the waiting room (Miss Argentina, etc.), and of course the Sandworm and all of the third act monsters. I’m sure Lydia will pop-scare near the beginning too in “AHS” say some line and hide again fashion, surely. The ending might be a fake out, with Lydia floating and the Maitlands dancing, a pop-scare from a football player, and then a final Beetlejuice after the proper house exit, perhaps with the shrunken head man just behind him.

Funny enough, Beetlejuice himself is not the character I’m most interested in seeing in his own house! I’d wanna see the scenes play in the way that Halloween and AHS were successful, and perhaps not in the way that Ghostbusters wasn’t. Then after scene three or four (once we pass under the “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice” neon), the house would turn towards chaos and skew “original” like Poltergeist and to some extent the Shining.

The most effective scene in Poltergeist, to me, was the scene that told the story with the mother, then had the giant set piece on stilts, and finally the pop scare, or in Texas Chainsaw when Sally jumps out the window. Totally took my breath away, and it’s the exact thing no other haunt can do because of licensing, casting, and technical effects. I hope they do something like that here.
Above all, this post reminded me of how much I absolutely loved Poltergeist.

I was getting ready to book my hotel but the written cancellation policy online during booking only says that you can refund trips booked by May for travel through August.

says NOTHING about trips outside that window (like my reservation, in October).

Hotel reservations outside that window are still refundable aren’t they? I think the old policy was 5 day prior cancellation or something. But now it says nothing at all during the booking process.

I’m assuming just sloppy web management but anyone know for sure?

That is just the pandemic 24 hour cancellation policy, Loews didn't change their 5 day policy, you should see that at checkout.

Hard Rock is a Loews hotel, but as you said it must be sloppy web management. I have 3-4 stays a year at Universal Loews hotels and it's always a 5 day cancellation policy. I wouldn't worry but you can always book by phone.

Would Bedtime Stories have been delayed from 29 because it needed more time to fully flesh out the idea or just because Us was more pressing at the time?

Would Bedtime Stories have been delayed from 29 because it needed more time to fully flesh out the idea or just because Us was more pressing at the time?
If I had to guess, I’d say because they had gotten Us and had to take a house out, and that one didn’t fit with the 80s theme the most or was the least far along or something like that

So I'm gonna bite the bullet and get 2 BOGO tickets, even though they're non refundable. Given the current situation, would it be more advised to grab a date closer to October than September?

So I'm gonna bite the bullet and get 2 BOGO tickets, even though they're non refundable. Given the current situation, would it be more advised to grab a date closer to October than September?
I don't believe you need to declare which dates you are going when you buy them.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.