The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie has been retconned so many times I don’t even care.

And his backstory/lore gets less detailed every time lmao.

He went from a sort of interesting horror movie enthusiast, DIY punk-rockesque nemesis of Jack, to a man-shark that would go into a frenzy due to the smell of blood, to just being Jack's brother. He's characterization at this point is less detailed than most of the characters in houses/scarezones.

And his backstory/lore gets less detailed every time lmao.

He went from a sort of interesting horror movie enthusiast, DIY punk-rockesque nemesis of Jack, to a man-shark that would go into a frenzy due to the smell of blood, to just being Jack's brother. He's characterization at this point is less detailed than most of the characters in houses/scarezones.
And there was never Eddie as an icon, like he was suppose to be...

Reactions: Darko
We've seen so many creative characters and icon worthy designs

I feel Eddie would feel a bit generic at this point
Agreed. He was a try-hard, late-90s grunge concept in his original iteration. “Oh, trailer park trash who’s obsessed with horror movies and has a chainsaw.” Compared to even the weakest “named” characters, there’s nothing really interesting about him.

Shoot, one-off side characters like Nightmare and The Projectionist are far more interesting characters.

Shoot. I’d take The Projectionist over half the icons.

Agreed. He was a try-hard, late-90s grunge concept in his original iteration. “Oh, trailer park trash who’s obsessed with horror movies and has a chainsaw.” Compared to even the weakest “named” characters, there’s nothing really interesting about him.

Shoot, one-off side characters like Nightmare and The Projectionist are far more interesting characters.

Shoot. I’d take The Projectionist over half the icons.
I'd say Bone was a missed opportunity

But the Patrick Braillard would yell at me on Twitter again

I love the icons but it's definitely time to see new ones as well, I mean Eddie was a hit and a miss and was made generic and Bones definitely has a great shot at being an icon, I'd hope for them to accept it and make it happen, he has more to him than Fear did, I'd have to say, Fear was very last minute.

Last edited:
I love the icons but it's definitely time to see new ones as well, I mean Eddie was a hit and a miss and was made generic and Bones definitely has a great shot at being an icon, I'd hope for them to accept it and make it happen, he has more to him than Fear did, I'd have to say, Fear was very last minute.
There’s been other icons that were “last minute” and ended up being one of the best icons the event has seen. Bloody Mary is a prime example.

In response to Neo... (Forgot to quote, my apologies.)

I think it’s fair to say that the people reading through 415 pages of a Halloween Horror Nights forum, in a year when fewer announcements than ever before have been given, are interested in HHN lore. Especially due to speculation of an Icon-themed house. I see no reason for anyone to rain on that parade. The house will surely be intelligible to people who don’t care, I agree with that. But just like having seen Harry Potter films before entering the lands, you might feel that the experience is a little more exciting due to anticipation. The people that don’t care about the lore aren’t usually the ones reading fan theories and picking apart predictions given by trusted insiders. I’m sure everyone will be fine.

Bit of a random question and I apologize if it's been asked before, but do we know if the Crypt Keeper is or ever was on the table for the icon house? After all, he was *technically* the event's first icon. I understand that the rights situation is tricky and Uni's probably better off focusing solely on their original characters, but it'd still be nice to see some sort of reference to the character.

In response to Neo... (Forgot to quote, my apologies.)

I think it’s fair to say that the people reading through 415 pages of a Halloween Horror Nights forum, in a year when fewer announcements than ever before have been given, are interested in HHN lore. Especially due to speculation of an Icon-themed house. I see no reason for anyone to rain on that parade. The house will surely be intelligible to people who don’t care, I agree with that. But just like having seen Harry Potter films before entering the lands, you might feel that the experience is a little more exciting due to anticipation. The people that don’t care about the lore aren’t usually the ones reading fan theories and picking apart predictions given by trusted insiders. I’m sure everyone will be fine.
I've enjoyed reading all the discussion of lore - my first HHN was 26 so I'm really not familiar with a whole lot of it. Before coming I knew about Jack and Chance (obviously). I knew about some of the others but wasn't familiar with the in-depth lore surrounding all of them.

Reactions: Disneyson1
His opinion doesn’t matter.
Lolz, to be honest I enjoyed the jab from him

I don't remember the Tweet, but it was something in the form of "Can we just make Bone the official icon"

And tagged Mike, Patrick, and someone else

I got a sassy response from Patrick and a like from Mike

I'm such a fanboi

This should come as no surprise, but the Scareactor Dining Experience has been cancelled for this year...

If anyone cares.
Honestly, if they could figure out something like Fright Feast at HOS...i.e. getting a front of the line pass for 2 hours...I would totally buy into it

Status
Not open for further replies.