The Old KidZone Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer the current DM ride is gutted for something else and KidZone get its own complete Despicable Me land with a dark ride, house tour, spinner, playground, and family coaster.

I'd prefer the current DM ride is gutted for something else and KidZone get its own complete Despicable Me land with a dark ride, house tour, spinner, playground, and family coaster.

After just recently spending millions on opening this attraction...there's no way that will happen.

Count me in the group that's hoping for anything but Nickelodeon. The whole Nicktoons craze is a decade past its prime, which is evident w/ the Nicktoons ride being replaced. Spongebob's ratings have been falling the last couple years, and I don't really see much merch in the stores anymore.

I actually had an off-the-wall idea that actually would fit nicely in Kid zone. Between Curious George, Barney and Cat in the Hat, they have experience with attractions that have PBS connections and have a strong preschooler bent. What if they rethemed the area to one of the bigger PBS properties right now: Wild Kratts?

It's the new show from the Kratt Brothers (of Zaboomafoo fame) and is extremely popular bc it blends live animal fact segments w/ cartoon action segments reinforcing the animal facts. Look it up on YouTube to get the idea.

Anyways, the Feival play area could easily be rethemed to Wild Kratts, the Woody coaster could be based on their Peregrine Falcon "creature suit," the Animal Actors show only would need a new script and the Barney area could either be turned into a small dark ride or a mini zoo.

Sure, there are longevity questions, but no worse than what's already there (my son's never seen American Tale). Meanwhile, the Kratt brothers have been on TV w/ multiple shows for almost 20 years. I took my son down to one of their appearances two years ago and the place was absolutely packed.

Count me in the group that's hoping for anything but Nickelodeon. The whole Nicktoons craze is a decade past its prime, which is evident w/ the Nicktoons ride being replaced. Spongebob's ratings have been falling the last couple years, and I don't really see much merch in the stores anymore.

I actually had an off-the-wall idea that actually would fit nicely in Kid zone. Between Curious George, Barney and Cat in the Hat, they have experience with attractions that have PBS connections and have a strong preschooler bent. What if they rethemed the area to one of the bigger PBS properties right now: Wild Kratts?

It's the new show from the Kratt Brothers (of Zaboomafoo fame) and is extremely popular bc it blends live animal fact segments w/ cartoon action segments reinforcing the animal facts. Look it up on YouTube to get the idea.

Anyways, the Feival play area could easily be rethemed to Wild Kratts, the Woody coaster could be based on their Peregrine Falcon "creature suit," the Animal Actors show only would need a new script and the Barney area could either be turned into a small dark ride or a mini zoo.

Sure, there are longevity questions, but no worse than what's already there (my son's never seen American Tale). Meanwhile, the Kratt brothers have been on TV w/ multiple shows for almost 20 years. I took my son down to one of their appearances two years ago and the place was absolutely packed.

Ive got a 2 year old and a 3 year old and have never once heard of the Wild Kratts or even the Kratt Brothers :lol: I would imagine Universal would want to use a franchise that is a little more wide stream in popularity

Ive got a 2 year old and a 3 year old and have never once heard of the Wild Kratts or even the Kratt Brothers :lol: I would imagine Universal would want to use a franchise that is a little more wide stream in popularity

Agreed, I have also never heard of them and have two 2 year olds. And we do flip on PBS to watch Dinosaur Train, Daniel's Neighborhood (from Pittsburgh, gotta love that one), and Sesame Street. Also seen the Word one too a lot. Never seen any of the merch for Kratt stuff either in toys r us and I am in that store about as much as I am in the theme parks because that is where we get our diapers. Seem some of the other PBS properties though and someone got us a dinosaur train book.

I'm hoping they stay away from PBS-level properties for a redone KidZone. It really makes the land centered on the under 8 set, and completely uninteresting to the rest. Like Seuss Landing, I'd prefer something that appeals to a more broad audience.

I'm hoping they stay away from PBS-level properties for a redone KidZone. It really makes the land centered on the under 8 set, and completely uninteresting to the rest. Like Seuss Landing, I'd prefer something that appeals to a more broad audience.

Agreed. Sesame street is the only property PBS has that would translate to theme parks for all generations and well it is already in theme parks :)

Agreed. Sesame street is the only property PBS has that would translate to theme parks for all generations and well it is already in theme parks :)

Sorry to burst a bubble but Sesame Street doesn't translate well for all generations. Sure I watched it when I was a mere child and even went into the "land" at BG but it had no interest for me. And I know the only adults that were in that area were there because they had kids that were 8 and under.

Sorry to burst a bubble but Sesame Street doesn't translate well for all generations. Sure I watched it when I was a mere child and even went into the "land" at BG but it had no interest for me. And I know the only adults that were in that area were there because they had kids that were 8 and under.

Well, that's also because the areas in the Busch parks are only designed for the kids in mind. There's nothing for the adults to enjoy as well.

There were plenty of people without kids at the Sesame Street shows at Sea World. I think how they use Sesame Street will determine if adults will like it or just kids. But I know many adults that would enjoy a sesame street show or even some kind of ride. But it is a mute point, since Uni cannot use Sesame Street.

Are Sesame Street, Peanuts, or other big IPs deals expiring at any theme parks anytime soon? Something like that would seem like a good long-term plan with staying power.

There were plenty of people without kids at the Sesame Street shows at Sea World. I think how they use Sesame Street will determine if adults will like it or just kids. But I know many adults that would enjoy a sesame street show or even some kind of ride. But it is a mute point, since Uni cannot use Sesame Street.

Yes, USF does need something like that. What IPs would fit into the Kid Zone, but actually appeal to people of all ages?

It is true that you can not judge Sesame Street based on how another park uses them, and also don't forget that area at BGT was always intended for the littlest of tikes. They keep rethinking it from time to time, but never add any type of attraction that would appeal to anyone else. As that is the whole intention of that area, it is not the IP that keeps people without kids out. Anyone remember gnome land? If it was still there it could be Travelocity-Land :rofl: But there got to be another good IP that is available for Florida, right?

So what I am trying to say is the front half of Kid Zone should get some sort of IP that people of all ages can enjoy. And then keep the back half for the littlest of little tikes. Oh and that includes keeping the ball pit too, that is fun if you are in a group big enough to not look 'out of place' :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.