The Old KidZone Thread | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought of that... Actauly; If they do it. I'm all fine; I actauly really enjoy the film of the fox's wild adventure.
Well the thing is that if they are doing that then I'd expect a Dahl land. Why get the rights to a fairly unknown Dahl book and not get stuff like wonka and James to go with it? Fox would be sick on its own (especially next to coraline making it a stop motion land) but there has to be more to it than that to substain it's presence

Didn't somebody recently say the Kid Zone revamp isn't necessarily going be kid or family IP's? Anyways future expansion possibilities: TMNT, Scooby Doo, Star Trek, Godzilla, Fast & the Furious, SpongeBob, Coraline, LOTR/Hobbit. I also really like the idea of Fear Factor Live being replaced by either James Bond or Sherlock Holmes show. Plus they both can take place in London which just happens to be right by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
Didn't somebody recently say the Kid Zone revamp isn't necessarily going be kid or family IP's? Anyways future expansion possibilities: TMNT, Scooby Doo, Star Trek, Godzilla, Fast & the Furious, SpongeBob, Coraline, LOTR/Hobbit. I also really like the idea of Fear Factor Live being replaced by either James Bond or Sherlock Holmes show. Plus they both can take place in London which just happens to be right by it.

TMNT: 35% - depends on how well the movie does
Scooby Doo: 50% - they already have him walk around so it could go either way
Star Trek: 40% - would allow Space Fantasy to come here :p but the fanbase is pretty niche, and aside from the 60s show, no major family appeal
Godzilla: 75% - this is just begging for a Disaster overlay
Fast and Furious: 95% - Uni owned IP, blockbuster franchise just begging for a Test Track on steroids E ticket
SpongeBob: 15% - Nick is supposedly on the way out
Coraline: 60% - Uni distributed family movie, perfect for a dark ride
LOTR/Hobbit: 7% - IOA or 3rd gate if anywhere
James Bond: 45% - if Bourne weren't around, I'd say 007 is an ingenious addition next to MIB/Diagon
Sherlock Holmes: 35% - Sherlock's hot and it fits London

Other IPs:
Sony Animation - 10%: not likely but Smurfs/Cloudy were included in an attraction survey
Untitled Pets Project - 35%: Illumination film so will get some presence in the park
My Little Pony - 65%: if anything could equal NFL, Equestria could
Sesame Street - 15%: Busch and Uni are fairly friendly so it's not impossible to get Sesame into USF
Hello Kitty - 5%: girl appeal, and perfect for a store

It's important to remember, as far as properties, that it should also be something with the potential for unique food and merchandise offerings that Uni knows they would be able to sell.

We're gonna put a lid on this thread for a bit. At this point, the discussion has become throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.