Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old KidZone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warcraft is an upcoming film based on the Warcraft video game series and set on the world of Azeroth. The epic fantasy film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership with Legendary Pictures.[2] Filming began on January 13, 2014, and the film is to be released by Universal Pictures on March 11, 2016.

Could Kidzone become the gamers heaven also known as World of Warcraft???

Well you never know, lakita is only getting bigger and bigger. I say it's a possibility but that's just me. It feels like there are absolutely no kids properties to base anything off nowadays. What about literature?

- - - Updated - - -

Could Kidzone become the gamers heaven also known as World of Warcraft???

lol

Well you never know, lakita is only getting bigger and bigger. I say it's a possibility but that's just me. It feels like there are absolutely no kids properties to base anything off nowadays. What about literature?

Coraline is a Neil Gaiman book. :smiley:

Well there are only 2 big one that fit the family category and one is Diary of a wimp kid and the other Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The rest are way too dark for a family park, another possible option if you are looking at books who are public domain now.

And also Universal is not allowed to use any Ridley Pearson or Dave Barry literature as it is owned by Walt Disney Company and those are pretty large bookseries.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

lol

I could see one Laika attraction (a Coraline E-ticket trackless dark ride) but ParaNorman wasn't that successful at the box office. Boxtrolls has Book of Life, and Alexander & the Horrible, Very Bad, No Good Day coming out competing for family dollars (last fall, Cloudy 2 was the only thing)

TMNT, SpongeBob, MLP, Coraline, E.T. with an upgrade, potentially a new Woody Woodpecker attraction considering he's supposed to get a reboot soon - that'd be a solid lineup of IPs

Of course, the question is whether the KidZone replacement will follow the "urban locale" motif, or be more fantasy-based. I'd say a mix of the two would work best if they want family appeal.

Ok, Act IV and this will include what happens in the night.

ACT IV

Paranorman Attraction name: ParaNorman: The Ghost Seekers is a all out show that is in 3D but all of the Animation for that is stop motion and with animatronic effects.

The facade of the show is Paranormans school and you go through it in its line. You go through the hallways to the Gymansium waitng room (The long hallway with the school

trophies). In the waiting room; you get the 3D glasses as Norman calls: Ghostwatchings to get you to see these spirits. Then in the Gym, its a large ammount for atleast a

1,200 seats per showing. The show is basicly 5 acts of the ghosts skills and how they died. No badguy but kinda like a fun show, not intense (Ala Its tough to be a bug)

as Norman basicly shows you the supernatural. It really isn't going to be like this huge grand show that what T2 is, its just a show for the familys and not intense.

So theres Paranorman but now, lets get to what happens in the night shall we. Ok first up is a Coraline House transformation show where they use Projection Mapping for

the show as it is the other mother transforming the real mothers house to this grand and beautiful place of color and beauty as she is the icon of the night. Then with

Paranorman and Box Trolls ; its alot of nice lighting effects to counter the house as with Paranorman ; its a blue-green lights to brighten the school and the box trolls;

its more a redish-yellow to fit that style. ET with the facade is nicer and looks more clean with the ET gift shop actauly being demolished to help make more space.

Animal Actors on the right side; all the trees there would be gone. The ET attraction would be closed for the overhaul and the ride overhaul itself to get the new

animatronics, facade, and a new Tree barrier in the outdoor line to block perspective of Box Trolls.

Thats it for my Predictions of USO'S next big transformation after Kong so there it goes. But hey; its my opinion so we'll see what happens when its announced what it'll

be. Till then, :meditate:

None of Laika movies have been a box office blast at the box office. Mainly because they are dark films on the more scary end of the spectrum for young kids. However, allowing dark themes is a contrast from the park down the street.

The Cul de-Sac is good with each IP having a house etc. Coraline could easily by a multi-level dark ride with the pink house and the garden, Ronald Dahl next door with Willy Wonka shop and/or ride, James and the Giant Peach facade, George Marvelous medicine show, and a BFG walking around. Spongebob's Pineapple house where you house the store and meet and greet for spongebob and patrick, get krabby patties, along with a backyard walkthrough of bikini bottom using projections and special effects. Hello Kitty in her cupcake house I think? with a multilevel ommnimover dark ride. The tree house from Adventure time which serves as a playground, food, and 4D theatre show. And the Town square center being a Seaseme street family based coaster and meet and greet.

They can't have Seaseme street due to another company has them in orlando. But the funny thing is that I don't think that Hello Kitty could work here; It might be me but

I just don't think it'd be a great ride possibilite. Wonka; If they are going to make a wonka store in Citywalk.. I'll think of that but I don't think James and the Giant

peach would even fit. Its already a film that Is from Touchstone/Disney and that people will be confused of which is which. Adventuretime; I don't really know what it is;

So with that; Idk on that and that its a CartoonNetwork show which wouldn't work if there was a Nick show in the park already. But hey; my opinion as i'm more

Movie/Gaming/Park fan than a TV fan. And I do think ET and Animal actors will get upgrades; I believe that with no doubt. So theres that.

Coraline is a Neil Gaiman book. :smiley:
Well I know that but if there was a coraline ride it definitely wouldn't be based on the book

- - - Updated - - -

None of Laika movies have been a box office blast at the box office. Mainly because they are dark films on the more scary end of the spectrum for young kids. However, allowing dark themes is a contrast from the park down the street.

The Cul de-Sac is good with each IP having a house etc. Coraline could easily by a multi-level dark ride with the pink house and the garden, Ronald Dahl next door with Willy Wonka shop and/or ride, James and the Giant Peach facade, George Marvelous medicine show, and a BFG walking around. Spongebob's Pineapple house where you house the store and meet and greet for spongebob and patrick, get krabby patties, along with a backyard walkthrough of bikini bottom using projections and special effects. Hello Kitty in her cupcake house I think? with a multilevel ommnimover dark ride. The tree house from Adventure time which serves as a playground, food, and 4D theatre show. And the Town square center being a Seaseme street family based coaster and meet and greet.
I don't think Dahl will come until another park or so, nicktoons and Cartoon Network aren't possibilities and Sesame Street is owned by Busch (sadly) I hate to put down everybody's ideas but man the ones that keep coming back like nick, CN and video games just aren't coming. I definitely see coraline coming in some way, possibly turtles (keep in mind nick owns them) and something dreamworks if universal can get their act together. I also see something curious George in the future since he's getting a movie in the future, you never know

Last edited:
It wouldn't cost THAT much to get the rights for Sesame Street from Busch, but I want E.T. to stay so I'll go with no... plus Sesame would replace Twister in NY before coming to KidZone

A tropical/forest motif could work though (serve as a contrast to the rest of USF)

Tropical/Aquatic (Animal Actors/Storepants/KidZone Pizza)
Animal Actors gets a massive facade upgrade allowing a seamless transition from Springfield and the new area (I'd prefer a SpongeBob ride come in its place, but can't have everything). The show will become more about scouting for great filming locales, where they run into different animals within the region (puppets, projections and AAs could be included)
KidZone Pizza becomes Chum Bucket (Krusty Krab is too similar to Krusty Burger) with NextGen AA for Plankton. Karen interacts with guests as they eat

Forest (E.T./Fievel/Barney/StarToons/Nuthouse/Fievel/additional backstage space via using a portion of the mystery plot and the relocation of the costume building) - basically 85% of KidZone)
E.T. gets a massive facade upgrade to become a suburban house, new AAs & projections are added, along with a new set for the flight to E.T.'s home planet
Fievel/Nuthouse/former costume building - leveled for a Coraline E-ticket trackless dark ride
Curious George - replaced with MLP mini-land including a Disney esque M&G show and a flat ride
Barney - bulldozed for a Scooby-Doo family coaster
portion of mystery plot - Hello Kitty boutique/carousel and Splash Battle water ride themed to TMNT

- - - Updated - - -

Well I know that but if there was a coraline ride it definitely wouldn't be based on the book

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Dahl will come until another park or so, nicktoons and Cartoon Network aren't possibilities and Sesame Street is owned by Busch (sadly) I hate to put down everybody's ideas but man the ones that keep coming back like nick, CN and video games just aren't coming. I definitely see coraline coming in some way, possibly turtles (keep in mind nick owns them) and something dreamworks if universal can get their act together. I also see something curious George in the future since he's getting a movie in the future, you never know

Curious George could use a Casey Jr. style ride going around the KidZone replacement... don't know when his movie is coming out

Planet of the Apes isn't family friendly enough and I think with King Kong having two gorilla/ape based sections wouldn't do so well unless they made Planet of the Apes a walk-through attraction.

Compared to the other things Universal has like Terminator and The Mummy, it's pretty family friendly. The King Kong similarities wouldn't matter considering Kong will already have similarities to Jurassic Park.

It is possible to replace kidzone with something for the teens but I don't think it would be smart, universal NEEDS kid stuff. That's their one weakness, if they get that up and running then the resort would be golden.

It would definitely cost a ton of money to get the sesame right especially from the people who own sesame place. It would be hell to even think about it.

Hello kitty is a cash cow for girls yes but I don't know if the brand is strong enough outside of japan to hold a ride, there just isn't much to the characters and they really haven't had a popular movie or anything media in America.

Scooby doo would be cool, pretty timeless and it would now make sense why the characters are running around. I say that would be a good haunted house ride IF coraline doesn't happen

Considering they won't team up with Dreamworks or Nickelodeon (if the rumors are true), their options are limited. They're probably waiting for Illumination to get new franchises started up and put the new kids' land between MIB and Simpsons.

Considering they won't team up with Dreamworks or Nickelodeon (if the rumors are true), their options are limited. They're probably waiting for Illumination to get new franchises started up and put the new kids' land between MIB and Simpsons.

Makes more sense, especially if they're planning to connect the KidZone replacement and this. One giant family friendly section of the park :)

Status
Not open for further replies.