The Old KidZone Thread | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, make it a Trackless-Transformers sequel ride. Have more resolution to the story as the Mother is still there. Ok, I got a ride possibilite.

So it starts in the Old-elderly house as a preshow and you see a possiable Animatronic Coraline as she is telling you the Adventure she went

And she still feels that the Mother is going to come out and try to grab her. So, during the time from before the ride, she's been making this

wonderland of light, color, and wonder to try to manilpate us. The cars would go through the portal and would enter. You see like minor bits of

her shadow, as shes watching you and Coraline. Then, you go outside the house with a GRAND projected world of the gardens. Then you keep

looking through the Gardens, And in the ride, once you enter the portal, Coraline is standing on a bumper of your car. The mother appears

grabbing Coraline right before the cat comes out of nowhere and attacks the mother. You and coralline run away into the theatre again but its

as frighting as that scene from the film is. You see the Mother holding the cat near a bile of Acid and Coraline comes with a bumper moving a

little. She then sprays the mother with Something to fully blind her. The ride then goes through the house and you enter the finale. Its that

grand room with the beetles, a Coraline animatronic, and a Mother animatronic and the room is all projected so once your in it. The mother

breaks the Walls and you 'drop' into a projection room with The mother and Coraline fighting as your Car starts getting up the cobwebs.

The mother then Grabs your own Car and trys to grab one of the passagers and its random so there'd be a cool Air effect and it'd matter for the

seat for the given ride. Then, you get saved by the cat and you Coraline, and the Cat come out in the last second and she thanks you. The end.

This would make a really unique experience.
I'm thinking cat in the hat type of ride vehicles. Universal could use a good spook house and coraline would not only make a good fit, it would be a perfect fit. I honestly see this happening, great idea man!!! The pink palace must become a reality :thumbs:

Its the perfect attraction. If they do the Cat in the hat style. I'd still don't mind but it'd most likey be a 3D ride like what I said.

But i'm just wondering... What if they mix the No height restriction of Cat in a hat but with movements from something like Mystic manor with 2

options. The one with a lot of motion could have a height but one that wouldn't be no height restriction.

Last edited:
What if KidZone was theme neighborhood cu-de-sac. Where the houses from different IPs. Say for example the did the pink apartments from Coraline, E.T. gets Elliot's house from the movie and then transitions into the existing red wood forest and so forth.

That is what I think as well, almost everything in Studios is a regular urban setting, expect this to be continued for Kidzone.

I always though that if Coraline would be brought to the Studios it could have a more Mystic Manor feel in terms of special effects. Oh and in the film, the house that Coraline lives in looks mundane and worn-out in the real world but in the Other World the color is brightened, and house has accents to it that it didn't normally have. I think it'd be amazing if UniCreative could find a way to "transform" the house by night. They could use technology similar to what Disney uses for the castle shows.

pinkpalace_zpse1883ad0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That is what I think as well, almost everything in Studios is a regular urban setting, expect this to be continued for Kidzone.

Yeah, thats why I thought the cu-de-sac idea would work. KidZone is kind of tucked back there and kind of feels like a good place for a neighborhood type setting and it could kind of help unify multiple IPs. Also glad to hear all the love for Laika Entertainment. I suggested Coraline because I do think it could be an amazing Mystic Manor type ride but I'm kind of doubtful it would happen because it was not a run away success like Despicable Me. The company seems to be all about what could sell more merchandise and have food and beverage tie ins after all. However, I also think this could be cool because of TDO's refusal to bring Haunted Mansion Holliday here and it being the same director as Nightmare Before Christmas.

Yeah, thats why I thought the cu-de-sac idea would work. KidZone is kind of tucked back there and kind of feels like a good place for a neighborhood type setting and it could kind of help unify multiple IPs. Also glad to hear all the love for Laika Entertainment. I suggested Coraline because I do think it could be an amazing Mystic Manor type ride but I'm kind of doubtful it would happen because it was not a run away success like Despicable Me. The company seems to be all about what could sell more merchandise and have food and beverage tie ins after all. However, I also think this could be cool because of TDO's refusal to bring Haunted Mansion Holliday here and it being the same director as Nightmare Before Christmas.

I wonder if Uni feels ready to put out attractions that may not be as big as the Despicable Me franchise. I mean, with Diagon, Springfield, DM, and Transformers I would think that by now they'd be willing to make something that may not have big merchandise drive but would add a great addition and much needed family dark ride to the Studios...

Ok, i think i figured out a way to incorpreate a transformation for night to make it beautiful. Its projection mapping. Once around persay 7 PM. There is a transformation

show with a few Projection mapping screen towers that fit in with the area. It has a 4 minute show and it just becomes the other mothers house for the night.

Coraline is just creepy :lol:

...and awesome!!! It's one of the best animated movies in the past decade. You have to admit I'd be a awesome ride

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Uni feels ready to put out attractions that may not be as big as the Despicable Me franchise. I mean, with Diagon, Springfield, DM, and Transformers I would think that by now they'd be willing to make something that may not have big merchandise drive but would add a great addition and much needed family dark ride to the Studios...
I honestly don't know, I feel like if something came out with coralline that was bigger then there wouldn't be a problem. I really hope coralline comes though

I would buy Coraline merchandise. Coraline as Universal's Haunted Mansion could be an amazing experience (imagine the nighttime garden as the "outdoor" graveyard scene).

If coraline happens I would really love for it to have two parts like haunted mansion. Opening scenes could be very magical and fun (vortex, garden, cirus) then it gets to the insanely dark stuff (ghosts, theater, mother) then have a happy ending with the parents. The ride vehicles could also be the praying mantis machine the dad drives in the garden scene. The cat could be in every scene like the raven in mansion. If they pulled this off with dark ride and projection mapping technology, it would be one of the best rides in the entire resort and probably the world. I really hope this is on some list at universal creative

If coraline happens I would really love for it to have two parts like haunted mansion. Opening scenes could be very magical and fun (vortex, garden, cirus) then it gets to the insanely dark stuff (ghosts, theater, mother) then have a happy ending with the parents. The ride vehicles could also be the praying mantis machine the dad drives in the garden scene. The cat could be in every scene like the raven in mansion. If they pulled this off with dark ride and projection mapping technology, it would be one of the best rides in the entire resort and probably the world. I really hope this is on some list at universal creative

This is pretty much what I been dreaming of for a Coraline attraction. Love the idea of using projection mapping on the Pink Palace at night to make it look like it's OtherWorld version.
For ParaNorman I'm thinking it might be fun to make a new story for the attraction that is kind of like Monster Squad. By that I mean Dracula and the other classic monster have descended on Norman's town and it is up Norman and friends to save the day and we're along for the ride.

This is pretty much what I been dreaming of for a Coraline attraction. Love the idea of using projection mapping on the Pink Palace at night to make it look like it's OtherWorld version.
For ParaNorman I'm thinking it might be fun to make a new story for the attraction that is kind of like Monster Squad. By that I mean Dracula and the other classic monster have descended on Norman's town and it is up Norman and friends to save the day and we're along for the ride.
Projection mapping could also be used in some of the rooms too in a mystic manor kinda way. Like when the world slowly fades away and becomes white

0:47 ?
Ofcourse, this is assuming that the Boxtrolls is a success at the box office....However, if it doesn't do well I could easily see this being turned into a kid play area

[video=youtube;cDr_ZY37RFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDr_ZY37RFg[/video]

I think the real spoiler for a ride here is Planet of the Apes. The last movie was a success critically and box office wise, and the next movie has a whole lot more buzz surrounding it.

Agreed. I am going to make a Fake version of what Kidszone could be if they do have a Laika with google maps. and show from there. For now, i have to figure the layout of the land.

Agreed. I am going to make a Fake version of what Kidszone could be if they do have a Laika with google maps. and show from there. For now, i have to figure the layout of the land.
Cool post it when your done!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the real spoiler for a ride here is Planet of the Apes. The last movie was a success critically and box office wise, and the next movie has a whole lot more buzz surrounding it.
Possibly, good thinking. Isn't it becoming a trilogy aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.