The Old KidZone Thread | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool post it when your done!!!

Wish, Granted. Now, This is a version that I think would work and i'll exlain about the surrounding area too. So without further Adu, Heres a version

of what i'd like to be called 'The World of Lakia' (Please note this WILL be long).

Coraline Dark ride:

Name - Coraline: The wild adventure. This ride would be UOR's first ever Invisiable Track Darkride, mixing Transformers and Mystic Manor Tech. The

Attraction would NOT use StopMotion but use something VERY similar to the new effect they did on making the CGI look like Stopmotion animation. It'd

be a 3D attraction with the original Cast of the film. It'd be a sequel to the attraction and the line would go through the normal worlds Garden which;

Every season comes, all the flowers change to they're respected season. Then, you enter the Preshow which would be the elderly's home as In my story:

Coraline needs help with protecting her as she goes through the doors into the other world. You get a vigerous vichicle from Wybie. He does get a role

as he helps you with making your Ride car to go through the portal. The loading dock is actauly back outside as you go up as your holding your safety

goggles as once your out. You grab your goggles and head to the dock. The first scene would be Outdoors as you go up to get into Coralines home. You

enter the main room where the door is and a Animatronic Coraline is there as she says that she will hop on to the Rear bumper of the vechicle.

You Go through the portal and you see the other house back up and Clean and beautiful. The other mother welcomes herself as coraline goes through a vent

to get outside. The other mother Shows you how to get outside the house. As you exit; You encounter Coraline but this time, with the cat. The cat

welcomes you and Coraline and the cat look around to see as in the story; She wants to end the Other mothers world Permantly this time.

This seems like a good place for me to let this first ACT of my MAJOR theory on a Laika area. If you'd like to talk about this; please do and I'll get to

Act II tommorow so till then. :meditate:

I was thinking. Mabye I should stop meditating and just finish up Coraline and then Meditate. So here we go:

ACT II.

You enter the gardens on a slope down and you see all these beautiful animatronic flowers looking just like the film and fitting in with the colors of the whole scene.

The ride then goes into the Theatre; actauly looking really bad. Really, Ugly and the Bats are up there. The mother sees you and she realizes that you we're with Coraline

so she goes right at you *Screen scene* Asking you where she is. Shes actauly turning into her spider look and then she comes out. Coraline then gets told by the cat

to throw him at her and the Cat gets thrown into the car and chases Coraline. Then, you go into the Fading to white as the world is being erased but Permantly. In a

quick bit of time, you get into the house and you see Coraline run from the mother *Projection mapping* You then enter the main room... *Screen based finale* This is the

room from in the film; It turns into the cobweb. The entire scene starts with the mother moving and she then fires a cannon and the entire floor comes down. Then, your in

the midst of the scene with Cobwebs and you see Coraline fighting the Other mother. Then, at a certain angle in the shot; she gets on-top of the car and trys to grab

a RANDOM member of the guests. It'd change with every car on the ride. Then You get into the portal with Coraline grabing onto your car as she tells you to get moving.

The car comes out right before the other mother grabs you and Coraline closes the door. she thanks you for trying to help her and then exit out into the Staircase.

Then, It'd basicly bring you into a Outdoor scene with the cat for one last time as he gos away. Then, you enter the store to get t-shirts, hats, any special souvineer.

That's Act's I and II. Next up is the Box Trolls which the first half of my theory is done so there you have it.

i like your ride idea for Coraline but i think with all the three dimensional rides in Universal, they could up their game by making the screen not be a screen and when Coraline's fake mother goes out to grab one of the members in a car an actual animatronic hand comes out of the screen, that would be a major shocker.

i like your ride idea for Coraline but i think with all the three dimensional rides in Universal, they could up their game by making the screen not be a screen and when Coraline's fake mother goes out to grab one of the members in a car an actual animatronic hand comes out of the screen, that would be a major shocker.

I agree, I feel like this only thing that should be projected in this ride are some of the rooms. Everything should be AA and psychical sets to really sell that stop motion art style

Crypticism! :p

And Laika movies probably aren't big enough in merchandising or box office totals to get a substantial area. I could see MAYBE a play area or show. Granted, Coraline would be a brilliant trackless dark ride!

KidZone is just a big mystery

Planet of the Apes isn't family friendly enough and I think with King Kong having two gorilla/ape based sections wouldn't do so well unless they made Planet of the Apes a walk-through attraction.

I personally don't think lakita is big enough for a entire land but if they have a non themed land like kidzone where anything and everything could be replaced without any set backs, coraline could have its dark ride and other rides and areas themed to other movies could come aswell

With Coraline, you could have a photo-purchase opportunity in the queue where you have buttons for eyes. You could purchase it in the gift shop maybe? And there could even be an option to chose what color buttons you want. They already have this on their website if I remember correctly but perhaps Uni could work around it to make this photo unique in some way...

On another note, I could see the button key necklace having good merch sales....
coraline-key_zpsd1fdcc44.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What about an Adventure Time with Jake and Finn based area....That show is huge and has a huge following. And its on a kids channel so its family friendly. It takes care of Universals Princess quota (Princess Bubblegum rocks, take that Anna and Elsa), its a huge world (the land of ooo with Candy Kingdom, Ice Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, Wildberry Kingdom, Castle Lemongrab and lumpy space), and the merchandising can be as inventive as Harry Potter and Simpsons with speciality food items.

Per nielsen, its also the highest ranked show for kids 2 to 14 in its timeslot.

Last edited:
To clarify. What I forgot to say about Coraline is that ALOT of the ride is Animatronic but the Animations would be more in the Background then the foreground. The finale

before the Cobwebs is with a Mother Animatronic. The reason why I said about the Cobweb scene is due to its impossiable in animatronics to have something that. And

with the buttons for eyes, it'd make such a cool Amazing Pictures oppertunity to have a face picture and they put button eyes on that picture to make it look like your

eyes are buttons. I'd also see that Coraline Doll that the Other mother made go nicely on Merch. Onto Act III now while i'm at it.

ACT III

Ride - Box Trolls Family Coaster

Name: The Box Troll's Wild Race Would be a Indoor/Outdoor Family coaster (Much like 7DMT) But dueling. The story would be in theory; The Box Trolls want to Interact

with the world above so they invite You to race with them. This family coaster would be 42 Inches with a Ride duration of 3 minutes. It's line would be in the world

below where they go and hide. Your ride cars would be themed to Boxes and you get in and go into the first Dark ride scene (The entire ride for dark scenes is

Animatronic) And you get ready to race. Then, you go up the Lift hill with your Racers that are against you. Then once outside, It has alot of Drops, twists and turns to

the finish line and the last Dark ride scene would be of the trolls and the protaganist of the film congratulating you for racing and then going to Unload. Thats as much

as I can say of The Box trolls but while i'm talking; I'll get to the surrounding area of Kidszone. The Spongebob store would get a Meet & Greet for the sponge. ET would

get New animatronics; plus a new Facade and line for the outdoor sections (Not the Forest). Animal Actors would be given a TOTAL revamp to fit with the Studios and how

animals are used on the Foreground in film and in making of a film. There would also be a new Plaza for the Kidszone area with a new Fountain. And; a new Welcome sign for

Kidszone. Our last act is coming and its ParaNorman.

Last edited:
While I am a big fan of Coraline, and it's the only IP mentioned in this thread that I would enjoy seeing in KidZone, it's a bit dark, no?

It's VERY dark but since universal has never really had its own haunted house attraction I feel like this is the best way to move towards that. I personally think if they added coraline with a bunch of other IPs to make it less dark (haunted mansion next to fantasyland syndrome) then it would even out and looked on as a brilliant move. They just have to pull it off with a bunch of warning signs like alien encounter to make sure the three year old that thinks monsters inc is a documentary won't get scared for life :lol:

Its dark yes, but Isn't Mummy, Potter, and King Kong dark? as a lot of them have some really intense things (Kong: Bat's, Mummy: Immohtep, Potter: the Dementors). Just a

thought as this park has some really DARK rides but lightened up with some funny moments to balance the darkness of these movies turned into rides.

Its dark yes, but Isn't Mummy, Potter, and King Kong dark? as a lot of them have some really intense things (Kong: Bat's, Mummy: Immohtep, Potter: the Dementors).

Admittedly, I haven't read all the pages here (I've been away for awhile), so are we talking about Coraline being a kid themed area or just a new area without the focus to attract kids? If the purpose is to attract children, I'm not sure if Coraline is gonna do that. Sure, Mummy, Potter, Kong, are dark, but those aren't also being used for children's attractions.

Admittedly, I haven't read all the pages here (I've been away for awhile), so are we talking about Coraline being a kid themed area or just a new area without the focus to attract kids? If the purpose is to attract children, I'm not sure if Coraline is gonna do that. Sure, Mummy, Potter, Kong, are dark, but those aren't also being used for children's attractions.

I'm thinking ride in a kids land surrounded by other IPs, a bunch of other people are thinking a full lakita land

I don't see how Coraline would bring in more kids.

How many kids have even watched the movie? seeing this name is kind of baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.