The Old KidZone Thread | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, what we are speculating is that Universal becomes more family oriented, not just kid or adult oriented. So, if they were to become more family oriented, nick wouldn't be a suitable fit, either

SpongeBob and TMNT would fit the "family" criteria - both have appeal with kids and adults. But I agree that anything Nick is unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is Universal hasn't produced family based films so there are no completely Universal owned films they can use besides Despicable Me. And they can only do so many epic blockbusters that are male dominated before they start neglecting the female audience which Disney has a very very strong hold of with the princesses. Only two relatively safe IPs fit for females that Universal can easily use which are My Little Pony and Hello Kitty. Problem with My little pony will be the Bronies. If you don't know what those are you don't need to know. Another idea I had was to based the area off Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks films.

Even Monty Python could be fun. Your kids arguing with the knights who say Nee.

My Little Pony isn't all that unlikely - although all of the hairy, single grown men might scare families away :lol: Hasbro worked with Uni on Transformers, and it'd give them their own "Princess" line.

Hello Kitty would be perfect for a flat ride if they ever build that Tokyo land

Facts? Who needs facts, when you can have unproven nonsense spread by worthless Disney sites who have no idea what they're even saying.

Clearly! BMG is doing well, the show can operate at half capacity and make profit, and that's when the block out the back rows. The show can run on Chicago style crowds but they get near Vegas sized ones in Orlando. BMG is part of a long term plan at UOR and will be there for a long time. I just wish they'd incorporate their pre-show parade they have in Vegas into Orlando.

I think there's a middle ground here. I tend to agree more with testtrack though. I think it is very possible the show is under-performing based on what they may want to see it get, but the real question is if it's profitable. Because if it is making profit despite running at half capacity part of the time, then there's really nothing to worry about from their perspective as it's still generating revenue. If it's losing money (or even breaking even), it's entirely different though. I highly doubt it's losing money though or it wouldn't be able to stay around as long as it has (never mind justify the update the show got last year).

Nick and video games won't happen at kidzone I'm almost positive. TMNT is now a part of nick aswell so I don't see that happening either. I feel like it's too soon to guess what will be at kidzone because not only have we gotten a clue, we pretty much don't have anything. I say wait it out and then speculate later. 135 pages of meaningless guessing is too much

As long as the area features the following or has room for the following (could potentially spill into MIB/Springfield plot) -
2 family dark rides (E.T. and an E-ticket trackless dark ride)
Splash Battle water ride (unique to Universal Orlando, family friendly, and would give USF a much needed water ride)
an actual family coaster instead of Nuthouse (at least add a building to "fly" through, and maybe an AA like Hippogriff)
one great show (make Animal Actors spectacular)
one great play area (no need for two of them)
one flat ride to give the kinetic energy (Music Express, carousel, Junkyard Jamboree-esque ride, bumper cars, frog hopper, etc)
an outdoor track ride (something like Casey Jr. at Disneyland or Treasure Hunters at Universal Singapore) to give the land substance
a lavishly themed restaurant where KidZone Pizza is
a massive upgrade/touchup for E.T. - from the facade to the AAs, I want this ride to get some love! But keep the forest queue. EXACTLY. THE SAME. :ears:

7 attractions (with room for another flat ride in the future) and something close to Fantasyland and Seuss

This would be my dream expansion for the KidZone. It pretty much covers all I wish to see in the revamped KidZone.

I think there's a middle ground here. I tend to agree more with testtrack though. I think it is very possible the show is under-performing based on what they may want to see it get, but the real question is if it's profitable. Because if it is making profit despite running at half capacity part of the time, then there's really nothing to worry about from their perspective as it's still generating revenue. If it's losing money (or even breaking even), it's entirely different though. I highly doubt it's losing money though or it wouldn't be able to stay around as long as it has (never mind justify the update the show got last year).

The point was there wasn't a middle ground in the "news" story though. It's another case of baseless speculation being reported as news. It is worthy of a discussion that it might not be reaching peak numbers, but there was and is no credible information pointing towards it losing money or being on the way out. Spreading legitimately false information is bad for the community. Because there are people who won't know better or think twice when they read it. Every chance should be taken to question the credibility of sites that constantly spew inaccuracies.

The point was there wasn't a middle ground in the "news" story though. It's another case of baseless speculation being reported as news. It is worthy of a discussion that it might not be reaching peak numbers, but there was and is no credible information pointing towards it losing money or being on the way out. Spreading legitimately false information is bad for the community. Because there are people who won't know better or think twice when they read it. Every chance should be taken to question the credibility of sites that constantly spew inaccuracies.

I concur..

Now...

:focus:

We knew about Kong in 2012.... WHY DONT WE KNOW ABOUT KZ! HTF! Get on this!

After looking at the kids movies now that aren't owned by Disney or someone else...yeah I don't see this being a kids area. Universal just doesn't have anything outside of Seuss and despicable me right now for kids. I expect a bunch of family rides with different themes and not just one. You know, a mish mash of rides that couldn't substain a land by itself like kidzone now. This way ET can stay and not stand out like a sore thumb and possibly this is where Godzilla could be if it doesn't take over disaster. Sure the theme won't be coherent but who cares when you have a bunch of awesome rides at your disposal when there was garbage before? This is my hope and I can definitely see it happening

After looking at the kids movies now that aren't owned by Disney or someone else...yeah I don't see this being a kids area. Universal just doesn't have anything outside of Seuss and despicable me right now for kids. I expect a bunch of family rides with different themes and not just one. You know, a mish mash of rides that couldn't substain a land by itself like kidzone now. This way ET can stay and not stand out like a sore thumb and possibly this is where Godzilla could be if it doesn't take over disaster. Sure the theme won't be coherent but who cares when you have a bunch of awesome rides at your disposal when there was garbage before? This is my hope and I can definitely see it happening

Not going to happen. Will have some sort of theme

What if KidZone was theme neighborhood cu-de-sac. Where the houses from different IPs. Say for example the did the pink apartments from Coraline, E.T. gets Elliot's house from the movie and then transitions into the existing red wood forest and so forth.

Reactions: Jenstar
What about a Liaka land? It could have a few rides based on some of they're movies. A coraline darkride that could be a sequel to the film, a Paranorman type 3-D attraction and a fun Box trolls family attraction? It'd stay consistant with the company.

Not going to happen. Will have some sort of theme

You never know, I hope it's a "insert anything here" theme like most of the original universal park. I like that, adds variety

- - - Updated - - -

What about a Liaka land? It could have a few rides based on some of they're movies. A coraline darkride that could be a sequel to the film, a Paranorman type 3-D attraction and a fun Box trolls family attraction? It'd stay consistant with the company.
yes yes and YES!!! Dude lakita animation is the bomb. I'd totally be down with a coralline dark ride even though it would be terrifying

Hell, make it a Trackless-Transformers sequel ride. Have more resolution to the story as the Mother is still there. Ok, I got a ride possibilite.

So it starts in the Old-elderly house as a preshow and you see a possiable Animatronic Coraline as she is telling you the Adventure she went

And she still feels that the Mother is going to come out and try to grab her. So, during the time from before the ride, she's been making this

wonderland of light, color, and wonder to try to manilpate us. The cars would go through the portal and would enter. You see like minor bits of

her shadow, as shes watching you and Coraline. Then, you go outside the house with a GRAND projected world of the gardens. Then you keep

looking through the Gardens, And in the ride, once you enter the portal, Coraline is standing on a bumper of your car. The mother appears

grabbing Coraline right before the cat comes out of nowhere and attacks the mother. You and coralline run away into the theatre again but its

as frighting as that scene from the film is. You see the Mother holding the cat near a bile of Acid and Coraline comes with a bumper moving a

little. She then sprays the mother with Something to fully blind her. The ride then goes through the house and you enter the finale. Its that

grand room with the beetles, a Coraline animatronic, and a Mother animatronic and the room is all projected so once your in it. The mother

breaks the Walls and you 'drop' into a projection room with The mother and Coraline fighting as your Car starts getting up the cobwebs.

The mother then Grabs your own Car and trys to grab one of the passagers and its random so there'd be a cool Air effect and it'd matter for the

seat for the given ride. Then, you get saved by the cat and you Coraline, and the Cat come out in the last second and she thanks you. The end.

This would make a really unique experience.

Tell that to his life, We'll probably know some new things with Parkscope now. Afterall, they did get that knock on the closure coming THIS fall.

Where was this discussed? I don't see it anywhere with a cursory glance at their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.