The Old KidZone Thread | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong and new JP ride in IOA. Godzilla and Fast and the Furious in Kidzone/Universal Studios. And a dream scenario with TMNT replacing Disaster!( Hopefully the film is great and makes some good dough at the Box Office). Also I love the idea of either A. replacing Lost Continent with a new major land/ride concept: Atlantis or Bermuda Triangle? or B. Making LC into the Forbidden Forest. I don't really like the idea of putting the other Potter books/movies expansion. Stick with the original franchise or make a new land for LC. Now Kid Zone I feel like could take the opportunity in building that Tokyo land idea we all love so much and have the two E-Ticket Zilla and FF attractions. Another scenario could be to just have both or one of either Zilla or FF built in the Hollywood area where a ride is needed and have a brand new land where Kid Zone land is. Maybe LOTR? because I'm one of the people highly in favor of keeping Toon Lagoon but just revamping and adding to it in a big way! And I also love the idea of having SCI-FI or a space theme where the MIB land plot is? With possibilities of Star Trek, Battle Star or maybe even Gravity???

Ahh yes because all of those properties will help Universal shed the "thrill park" moniker so many people falsely believe it has :p

Just playing though! I understand that those might be great IPs for the park, but Comcast is slowly changing the view of Universal theme parks from ones for teens/adults to ones for everyone (right now, Disney is too focused on kids except for DHS and WS). I doubt E-ticket thrill rides would help in that regard

Whatever goes in the KidZone area is going to be family-friendly (neither kid or adult centric)... TMNT is the only thing I see going in that area since it's an IP with massive cross-generational appeal. Fast and Furious and Godzilla would be great, but Disaster and MIB replacements might be the most likely option.

E.T. and Animal Actors are supposed to stay, so that should be kept in mind.

After Gringotts, USF isn't really going to need too many more E-tickets (7) - one for the KidZone replacement and one for the MIB/Springfield plot would effectively round out the E-ticket repertoire (9, maybe 10 if they ever decide to turn Shrek/Lucy into a multi-level Omnimover).

D tickets are what the park (and the resort in general) needs more of... along with As, Bs and Cs in the appropriate spaces. IOA is fairly the same - plenty of E-tickets (7, Kong and HE will make it 9, Seuss needs one, and so does LC so this could increase to 11 potentially)

- - - Updated - - -

This is complete BS.

Getting rid of BMG is more of a pipe dream than anything else :lol: I just hate how a former USF attraction isn't part of the main gate anymore. If they replaced the show and made it part of the park, then I probably wouldn't mind (USF could use another show, so bring in Wicked)

What about Charlie And The Chocolate Factor? Willy Wonka land would be a huge draw for people young and old. There are so many ride concepts you could do(boat ride, elevator). The level of detail would be amazing. And the merchandising and unique food offerings would be great. There's a new musical that will be making its way around the world so its relevant. Entertainment possibilities are endless. And its a Warner Brothers property and Universal has a great working relationship with them.

Reactions: Jenstar
I agree with you there. I like that version better. Who wouldn't want to step into the factory behind those gates with a golden ticket and be whisked away to a world of fantasy and wonder filled with as much detail and immersion as Diagon Alley. What adult wouldn't feel like a kid in a candy store again!

scifi city with a prometheus type of show and startrek eticket.

Prometheus would be an alien encounter type of show, Would be cool to have a show like this one

prometheusmovie6812.jpg

What about Charlie And The Chocolate Factor? Willy Wonka land would be a huge draw for people young and old. There are so many ride concepts you could do(boat ride, elevator). The level of detail would be amazing. And the merchandising and unique food offerings would be great. There's a new musical that will be making its way around the world so its relevant. Entertainment possibilities are endless. And its a Warner Brothers property and Universal has a great working relationship with them.

As a Lost Continent replacement (E-ticket glass elevator ride that combines ToT and Soarin', D-ticket indoor family boat ride, parachute drop flat ride, mini-show), this would be beautiful, provide another IP for IOA and give plenty of new opportunities for new merchandise. Plus, it fits the loose literature theme and provides a transition between Hogsmeade (London) and Seuss (whimisical chocolate factory). Retheme Toon Lagoon to Middle Earth and eventually turn MSHI (only if Disney gives Universal enough cash) into a steampunk/sci-fi area (H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, George Orwell, etc). Every area except the Kong mini-land would fit the literature connection (Transylvania could also work fairly well)

However, KidZone area could also work if they wanted to use LC for more Potter/Seuss. Whatever comes is supposedly leaving E.T. and Animal Actors as the same attractions, so that's the tricky part

While I think the brand has suffered a bit due to the declining quality of the TV show, I still think a full-on Spongebob Squarepants area would do gangbusters. It has intense appeal with kids, teens, and young adults (see: merchandise sales & popularity of Superstar) and could easily lend itself to unique merchandise, food & beverage opportunities, not to mention plenty of material to create attractions out of.

It's not my favorite choice, by any means. But it would make a *lot* of sense.

I've actually heard that there's been a steady decline in Spongebob merchandise; Spongebob Storepants has allegedly failed to meet numbers recently and is in a general state of decline

As long as the area features the following or has room for the following (could potentially spill into MIB/Springfield plot) -
2 family dark rides (E.T. and an E-ticket trackless dark ride)
Splash Battle water ride (unique to Universal Orlando, family friendly, and would give USF a much needed water ride)
an actual family coaster instead of Nuthouse (at least add a building to "fly" through, and maybe an AA like Hippogriff)
one great show (make Animal Actors spectacular)
one great play area (no need for two of them)
one flat ride to give the kinetic energy (Music Express, carousel, Junkyard Jamboree-esque ride, bumper cars, frog hopper, etc)
an outdoor track ride (something like Casey Jr. at Disneyland or Treasure Hunters at Universal Singapore) to give the land substance
a lavishly themed restaurant where KidZone Pizza is
a massive upgrade/touchup for E.T. - from the facade to the AAs, I want this ride to get some love! But keep the forest queue. EXACTLY. THE SAME. :ears:

7 attractions (with room for another flat ride in the future) and something close to Fantasyland and Seuss

Hate on spongebob all you want, He is still the most successful kids show on nick and even tv.
People would flock in to see bikini bottom, just like the HP fans. DM is just going to turn out being like shrek in a few years, spongebob is bigger and more memorable. I truly believe that it's the only way to go, If US wants to make money over there, I'd suggest budding back up with nick.

Hate on spongebob all you want, He is still the most successful kids show on nick and even tv.
People would flock in to see bikini bottom, just like the HP fans. DM is just going to turn out being like shrek in a few years, spongebob is bigger and more memorable. I truly believe that it's the only way to go, If US wants to make money over there, I'd suggest budding back up with nick.

:spongebob:

are you saying that Universal has not made any money.... and in order to make money they need Nick?

I know I am twisting your words... But believe in Universal, they know what they are doing and they are shutting up the doubters... This is only the beginning

Btw, what we are speculating is that Universal becomes more family oriented, not just kid or adult oriented. So, if they were to become more family oriented, nick wouldn't be a suitable fit, either

The problem is Universal hasn't produced family based films so there are no completely Universal owned films they can use besides Despicable Me. And they can only do so many epic blockbusters that are male dominated before they start neglecting the female audience which Disney has a very very strong hold of with the princesses. Only two relatively safe IPs fit for females that Universal can easily use which are My Little Pony and Hello Kitty. Problem with My little pony will be the Bronies. If you don't know what those are you don't need to know. Another idea I had was to based the area off Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks films.

Even Monty Python could be fun. Your kids arguing with the knights who say Nee.

Status
Not open for further replies.