The Old KidZone Thread | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People complain about replacements for Shrek, Twister, T-2, and Disaster!(which we all know is coming), but KidsZone is the most hurt area of the park. It's been said time and time again, but this where Universal fails miserably and Disney dominates, lack of kid-friendly attractions with no height limitations. As a parent, I visit this area of the park frequently, and gotta say, it simply sucks. Outdated would be an understatement.

Moving on from the hate, I think Spongebob deserves more. A ride obviously and of course The Krusty Krab...... or Chum Bucket. Not sure if DreamWorks has any decent franchises outside of Shrek & Madagascar. Is Kung-Fu Panda popular enough? One franchise I'd like to see in a theme park would be Ice Age. The series has done well, and there's plans for a 5th. An Ice Age boat ride and water play area could work.

can someone please explain to me why fievels playland is still standing... you tell me one kid that walks on that playground and knows who fievel is

So I just saw Despicable Me 2...

And Universal totally dropped the ball with Minion Mayhem. Don't get me wrong, I love the attraction, but the franchise deserves so much more.

KidZone really should have become a Minion Land

Completely agreed. Universal knew they had a hit, but I don't think they knew HOW big of a hit. It's pretty unfortunate, I would've loved to have seen an entire DM themed land.

Signature banana drink for sure.

I know this would never happen, but rethemeing HRRR to the coaster from the movie and adding a midway area would be cool. And retheme Shrek to the minions.

Taking the HRRR idea a little further and adding in some kid stuff right around the Minion ride and they could possibly bulldoze the current KidZone and do something completely different with that area.

Personally, I can't get enough of the Minions! I usually get pretty tired of something that becomes extremely popular and force fed to the public like Uni has with the Minions.........but these characters have been so perfectly designed personality and humor wise and visually, that it's impossible not to crack a smile when you see or listen to them.:happy:

Kidszone redo = total gut

Wow, so brand new everything? That's great!! I'd love to see them build a great kids/family area with Potter and Springfield level theming!

Hopefully ET is spared and gets its entrance relocated to Hollywood

But is Animal Actors going to the KidZone redo, a Simpsons dark ride or just staying as it is? I never really considered it KidZone or World Expo - it's in no mans land right now like MIB :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Taking the HRRR idea a little further and adding in some kid stuff right around the Minion ride and they could possibly bulldoze the current KidZone and do something completely different with that area.

If anything Shrek would get bulldozed for Super Silly Fun Land... or they'd build outside of the park, maybe even retheme HRRR to the crazy coaster in the first DM? Or maybe just a play area, a flat ride (maybe like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree), and a food truck? I'd love more DM in any way really!!

But is Animal Actors going to the KidZone redo, a Simpsons dark ride or just staying as it is? I never really considered it KidZone or World Expo - it's in no mans land right now like MIB :lol:

HTF has said several times after this Springfield stuff opens that's it for Simpsons, so it'll be gutted for Kidzone.

HTF has said several times after this Springfield stuff opens that's it for Simpsons, so it'll be gutted for Kidzone.

Ok... I was just checking since Animal Actors is really in no man's land, it's right outside of what I call KidZone. Looking forward to more details about this expansion/redo

While I would love the idea of rethemeing HRRR to the Super Silly Fun Land Coaster, the ride would be an extreme thrill coaster with a little kids theme. It just wouldn't make sense to most people.

While I would love the idea of rethemeing HRRR to the Super Silly Fun Land Coaster, the ride would be an extreme thrill coaster with a little kids theme. It just wouldn't make sense to most people.

This would finally give them an excuse to make a smooth, family friendly thrill coaster. A 44"-46" height requirement would be perfect. Don't forget that DM has a lot of teen & adult fans too so if a flat, Minion Mayhem, and a play area were nearby, I don't see how a thrilling coaster couldn't be DM themed. The movie shows a coaster HRRR sized so... it could happen.

This. I don't see HRRR being rethemed. If they wanted to expand Despicable Me, the obvious choice is Shrek. But I realistically don't think that will happen either because they would have to demolish the entire soundstage. Rethemeing Shrek into a Despicable Me 3-D show is redundant, therefore a brand new attraction is the only way to go. With so many things happening(Potter, Kong, KidsZone), I think it'll be a while before we see a Despicable Me expansion. But who knows, Universal has proven in the past that they're capable of constructing multiple projects simultaneously. Regardless, the future is bright at UOR.

And Universal totally dropped the ball with Minion Mayhem. Don't get me wrong, I love the attraction, but the franchise deserves so much more.

What's stopping them from doing it now? Granted you would rather have everything together but it's not like people wouldn't visit it with their kids. Would get more people than it does now and possibly bring more people to E.T. too. Theme it to SSFL or whatever.

I have a bad feeling that DM:MM will suffer the same fate as Shrek 4-D. The attraction opened between the first and second movie, and thus the attraction doesn't follow the direction of the series.

A Dreamworks makeover would be incredible though. HTTYD is begging to be made into a Toothless coaster.

You say it like it's too late lol I don't see why there cant be a themed Despicable Me land in the KidZone. The ride itself is in the front of the park but what's the big deal if there's also a themed land somewhere else in the park?

Last edited:
You say it like it's too late lol I don't see why there cant be a themed Despicable Me land in the KidZone. The ride itself is in the front of the park but what's the big deal if there's also a themed land somewhere else in the park?

That doesn't make sense. I would love to see a Bikinni Bottom and eat at the krusty Krab.

It's done with Universal being a jumbled mess. With random attractions in random places. Springsfield and D.A are going to make universal a more cohesive park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.