The Simpsons Ride (USH) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When are they ripping this thing out and does anyone know what’s going in next? They better not use the same ride system again, the fact that it takes 20 minutes to get on even with an empty line is an atrocity

When are they ripping this thing out and does anyone know what’s going in next? They better not use the same ride system again, the fact that it takes 20 minutes to get on even with an empty line is an atrocity
My guess is the ride will go down in 2026 at the latest and a replacement would be open in 2028. As for why it takes 20 mins to get to the ride in an empty line is maybe some of the RVs are down?

The problem with the waittime is because they'll insist on running only one side. Think of it like Knott's or Six Flags operating their extremely popular coasters with a single train.

THAT is the reason it takes so long. It isn't as bad when all 3 levels & both sides are in use.

I only rode it because it had been forever. It said 35 when I got in line, when I got off, it had jumped up to 60min & stayed there most of the day

The problem with the waittime is because they'll insist on running only one side. Think of it like Knott's or Six Flags operating their extremely popular coasters with a single train.

THAT is the reason it takes so long. It isn't as bad when all 3 levels & both sides are in use.

I only rode it because it had been forever. It said 35 when I got in line, when I got off, it had jumped up to 60min & stayed there most of the day
Someone on WDWMagic also said USF's version is also running on one dome as well.

My guess is the ride will go down in 2026 at the latest and a replacement would be open in 2028. As for why it takes 20 mins to get to the ride in an empty line is maybe some of the RVs are down?
I think whatever replaces this will take about three years as other projects have. This structure is built on top of a hill and goes over a vita tram and EA route. Construction is going to be tricky there. Not to mention they’re gonna have to tear it down and rebuild from scratch.

I personally think we’ll see Bourne take its place. Sounds about right with F&F right there to make it an “action zone”.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I think whatever replaces this will take about three years as other projects have. This structure is built on top of a hill and goes over a vita tram and EA route. Construction is going to be tricky there. Not to mention they’re gonna have to tear it down and rebuild from scratch.

I personally think we’ll see Bourne take its place. Sounds about right with F&F right there to make it an “action zone”.
Universal is capable of building new standalone rides in 2 years like Pets. F&F was originally planned to be completed in 2 years before they ran into foundation issues. My fingers are crossed for a 2 year turnaround for a Simpsons replacement but when you factor in where they are building plus the potential for foundation problems like then ran into with F&F you could be looking at a 3 year turn around time.

Universal is capable of building new standalone rides in 2 years like Pets. F&F was originally planned to be completed in 2 years before they ran into foundation issues. My fingers are crossed for a 2 year turnaround for a Simpsons replacement but when you factor in where they are building plus the potential for foundation problems like then ran into with F&F you could be looking at a 3 year turn around time.
Foundational problems are a certainty. Universal could have Simpsons rights until the end of time, but that building is still slowly sinking into the hillside, so it’s gotta come down. And when it does, I think we can count on the replacement taking quite a bit of time.

Plus you gotta factor in what still exists underneath.. like the tech services area/storage under the building. The old "Battle of Galactica" Studio Tour attraction (and Rockslide before it) was located in this spot before BTTF was erected.

So whenever this does get done away with, it'll be a big undertaking. I still enjoy the ride though. Even if operations are slow.

Reactions: Jake S