The Suicide Squad (2021) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Suicide Squad (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope its good, from the trailer looks kinda interesting but highly doubt its "different" its going to be a three act movie and yes some characters will die but some characters can't Die like Harley. So sure it will be better than the last two films she was in at least
With a cast that huge, I guess character development is gonna be slim. As someone who doesn't read comics, I have no idea who some of them are.

Hopefully, Gunn can work his magic and make it a fun.

James Gunn said to not get too attached to these characters lol
it will be a bloodbath, it will be like deadpool 2,

The opening scene is Harley Quinn taking her "Good Night" bat to a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429.

cover3.jpg

Along with the Batman teaser, the most exciting news for me came from this.

I definitely like the cast of characters, and I love that James Gunn tapped into a lot more of the obscure characters from the 1980's comics by John Ostrander and Kim Yale. It's a nice crazy bunch that I know he can have a lot of fun with...and fun killing off. A part of the Suicide Squad's M.O. is a chunk of the cast does get killed off, which is one of the many things the 1st film didn't get right since what, -two- people on the squad got killed. A cast this large is gonna' get whittled down, hopefully in amusing ways.

It's also easy to see the cast is having fun with this one, kinda' easy with who's at the helm...and there's not Leto being a joik and passing it off as "method acting". All in all, I'm excited for this one!

I'll be honest....i dont care if no name hero's die.

If i don't like a character and he dies who cares...unless he makes one of the characters as deep as Yundo then I doubt I will cry at the end of the film

Sure it will be fun...but doubt it will be different than other films in its structure, just a marketing thing.

So we can pretty much assume that the group on the bottom is going to be killed off in the beginning
I don't even care who dies man, with a movie like this where i'm going in expecting pretty much any and everyone to die possibly (sort of like when I walked into a theater for Rogue One), I was just pumped to see what they were gonna do with it.

With James Gunn directing and knowing the type of movie this is, i'm just so pumped for this damn movie. There's 6 comic book movies coming out this year and while I am expecting Shang-Chi and Eternals to be good, SM3 to be a bit interesting, Venom 2 to be a fun time and Black Widow to be.... Black Widow, this just looks like a bad ass cinematic experience. It's not my most anticipated superhero movie of the year, but I think it's the one i'll have the most pure fun while watching.

I don't even care who dies man, with a movie like this where i'm going in expecting pretty munch any and everyone to die possibly (sort of like when I walked into a theater for Rogue One), I was just pumped to see what they were gonna do with it.

With James Gunn directing and knowing the type of movie this is, i'm just so pumped for this damn movie. There's 6 comic book movies coming out this year and while I am expecting Shang-Chi and Eternals to be good, SM3 to be a bit interesting, Venom 2 to be a fun time and Black Widow to be.... Black Widow, this just looks like a bad ass cinematic experience. It's not my most anticipated superhero movie of the year, but I think it's the one i'll have the most pure fun while watching.

Same, this series is most certainly up Gunn's wheelhouse, and by all accounts from the cast and crew they had a lot of fun making this one. Unlike the first one, this film sounds like it'll have a hefty body count from the Squad themselves, which is the series M.O. Not to mention with the various nutty members they have for it, I've got a good feeling it'll be a fun ride.

I don't even care who dies man, with a movie like this where i'm going in expecting pretty much any and everyone to die possibly (sort of like when I walked into a theater for Rogue One), I was just pumped to see what they were gonna do with it.

Oh I think it’s a good thing. They’re called the Suicide Squad. I was expecting way more deaths in the first movie.

This has Hard R written all over it, too (unlike something like the Snyder cut which had 2 F-words, no blood, and got an R rating).

Reactions: Grabnar
King Shark reduced to comedic relief instead of the beautiful Frankenstein's monster characterization he is... only one shot of Jai as Captain Boomerang implying he's meeting his maker... eh... I was optimistic for this, now I'm just.... a little taken back. I'm glad WB is letting Gunn do his thing at least.

On the plus side, Harley looks as great as ever, and Starro looks awesome.