The Suicide Squad (2021) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Suicide Squad (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man, John Cena is gonna kill it as Peacemaker. I really hope he lives throughout the whole movie. It’s amazing to see how far Cena’s career has come to.
Ive said this before, but this is WAY better than the 2016 film, and I can’t to see what James Gunn has to offer.

So after the trailer, this film is a big "YES" for me. It looks flat-out fun in a deliriously bonkers kind of way, it really feels way more in line with the series than the first film was.

This movie is gonna be such a freakin blast. Definitely seeing this in a theater.

Honestly, same! I have a feeling this'll be the first film I return to a theater to see. It would've been Luca but...*grumbles*.

What I love with King Shark these past few years; is that while he has his ruthlessness, he's been a really chill and funny character. I don't mind the vibes they're giving to King Shark, especially with someone like Gunn writing.

Now if only they make his sexual status to a Certain someone canon here too. ;) :tease:

__
Loved everything from this trailer, hook this movie into my veins.

This movie is getting absolutely INSANE levels of hype after social media reactions are coming out absolutely glowing, many calling it one of DC's best movies.

Reactions: Tobias
This looks awesome!

I'm hit and miss on DC movies (Aquaman and WW: pretty damn good, Zach Snyder and WW1984: ugh). Birds of Prey was pretty okay, but this looks crazy.

Also, is not Margot Robbie the best cast comic book character ever?!? Not sure how to put this but... her HQ is so much more, I dunno, sexy and captivating and something than even her Wolf of Wall Street thing. She loves playing this character and it shows.

I love this film. Watched it today for a quality check at the theater I manage and I'm watching it again on HBO Max right now. Brutally beautiful. I shall spoil nothing. It's better that way.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I really liked the plot and how faithful Starro was, and Im glad Gunn used obscure characters to play the main Suicide Squad but I'm also pretty disappointed in the little things, especially particular deaths. Harley however, rocks so hard here.

The comedy also entirely missed for me. Aside from GOTG, I really do not like James Gunn's humor. Its moments made for emotional reaction all failed for me, but the general public seemed to love it so at the end of the day I suppose WB wins.

3/5 for me.

Reactions: GA-MBIT