The Suicide Squad (2021) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Suicide Squad (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really liked the plot and how faithful Starro was, and Im glad Gunn used obscure characters to play the main Suicide Squad but I'm also pretty disappointed in the little things, especially particular deaths. Harley however, rocks so hard here.

The comedy also entirely missed for me. Aside from GOTG, I really do not like James Gunn's humor. Its moments made for emotional reaction all failed for me, but the general public seemed to love it so at the end of the day I suppose WB wins.

3/5 for me.

Even with my full on love for this movie (which, chef kiss intensifies), I actually had wondered how far would people go with the jokes that Gunn was making in this film. Unlike other films, TSS really feels like Gunn loading a machine gun and going nuts. I hope the amount of creative freedom he has seemingly had on this and Peacemaker (And other potential projects going forward at DC/WB) are translated for others; because this is what I want to see from the DCEU.

Even with my full on love for this movie (which, chef kiss intensifies), I actually had wondered how far would people go with the jokes that Gunn was making in this film. Unlike other films, TSS really feels like Gunn loading a machine gun and going nuts. I hope the amount of creative freedom he has seemingly had on this and Peacemaker (And other potential projects going forward at DC/WB) are translated for others; because this is what I want to see from the DCEU.
I hope not on the comedy spectrum. Marvel did this with the success of GOTG and every movie since has been a punchline slug fest. I'm afraid of the DCEU going this route too under that circumstance. But yes, creative liberty is hopefully lively post this movie.

Last edited:
Was ok. It was hyped up too much and didn't deliver. Better than the 1st but standard DC fare these days. I liked the Shark but I can't stand Harley. Glad I watched it on HBO Max and not brave the Delta air in a theatre for this.

"The Hangover" of superhero movies. Pitch black humor and hard R gore. Deep cut DC lore. Yet despite all this beautifully shot, with a lot of cool scenes visually.

I loved it. But I can see it being too much for a lot of people (and under no circumstances should young kids see this).

This was fun! I watched it on Max last night since I'm pumping the brakes on theaters until COVID cases go down. I wasn't really digging the first hour or so, but once everything clicks into place, the film wraps up excellently.

Reactions: Skold
Just finished seeing this one, and I honestly really enjoyed it! The 1st one always felt like a giant missed opportunity, while this one was the demented ride I was hoping for. Great cast (Gunn really knows how to work with pro wrestlers turned actors, and he get's great use out of Idris Elba as well), great music and some pretty wonderful payoffs throughout. Now without a doubt it's not gonna' be for everyone, but this is one of the few superhero series where I'm quite happy it got a hard R-rating.

Wow, that was awesome.

Since I had previously done the trial, I had to buy a month. So, now... how many times do I re-watch this vs how many Doom Patrol episodes can I get in?

Reactions: Robert Bliss
4.5/5 from me, I loved it. The humor is just spot on, the characters are so fun and fleshed out, the violence is just nerve wrackingly gruesome and over the top, the score was splendid, the visuals are just eye candy galore and it really is such a fresh breath of air in the super hero genre, more so than even Guardians of the Galaxy was, IMO.

Leave it to James Gunn to make a movie that has some of the most ridiculously raunchy quips but fill it with enough heart and passion that it had me tearing up at moments. The man is insane in the best ways possible and one of my favorite film makers going.

I was kind of disappointed…I didn’t hate it, just thought it was mediocre. I think the whole action-comedy with extreme violence for shock factor routine has gotten old to me. Some of the jokes had me rolling, others were completely flat and I thought the story wasn’t that intriguing.

I thought I was crazy when I saw all the positive reception from critics, like I was the only dissenting opinion. But then the CinemaScore (general audience) rating for this one was the same as the 2016 film which definitely helped me feel better.

Reactions: Skold
I was kind of disappointed…I didn’t hate it, just thought it was mediocre. I think the whole action-comedy with extreme violence for shock factor routine has gotten old to me. Some of the jokes had me rolling, others were completely flat and I thought the story wasn’t that intriguing.

I thought I was crazy when I saw all the positive reception from critics, like I was the only dissenting opinion. But then the CinemaScore (general audience) rating for this one was the same as the 2016 film which definitely helped me feel better.

Get what you're saying, but I thought that opening beach scene (and them walking out in front of the flag) was amazing. But only when you see the second team coming in.
Genius. I'm probably going to watch it for the third time now. :cheers:

Reactions: HalfGlass
I think its basically the best we can get with this kinda film

It made you fairly hate Waller and made the villains just work.

But its not for everyone...my GF did not care for it but for me I think its really good. A little long but really a strong super hero film

i am in love with ratcatcher. i never laughed harder than at king shark and what dot man kept seeing.
harley's kill rampage is the greatest scene in DC history. beginning scene and ending were very insane. one of the craziest movies i have ever watched

Reactions: SeventyOne