The Walking Dead | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm expecting a pretty depressing episode. One of the major character dies and everyone else is forced to accept Negan's control at least for the time being.

Funny, I'm expecting two beloved characters to meet Lucille, someone to lose an arm and the stakes of the show going higher than it'd ever be.

I expect some big events in this opener; and that it will be enough to justify that damned cliffhanger from last season alone.

Funny, I'm expecting two beloved characters to meet Lucille, someone to lose an arm and the stakes of the show going higher than it'd ever be.

I expect some big events in this opener; and that it will be enough to justify that damned cliffhanger from last season alone.
I was just going for the minimum of bad things to happen. It certainly could be much worse.

I'm sure Negan will have a Ball with Lucille. :)

Reactions: TheGentTrent
The whole episode could have been done in the last 10 minutes of the season 6 finale. This was 10 minutes worth of material drawn out to fill 46 minutes. The flashbacks and music to go along with them were cringeworthy as well. I'm so pissed at myself for continuing to watch this sub-par show :(

The whole episode could have been done in the last 10 minutes of the season 6 finale. This was 10 minutes worth of material drawn out to fill 46 minutes. The flashbacks and music to go along with them were cringeworthy as well. I'm so pissed at myself for continuing to watch this sub-par show :(

If they didn't drag the stories out, they'd outrun the source material. I'm fine with how the episode itself played out. I do, however, feel like this episode should have been the last episode of the season rather than the first. I don't have a problem with cliffhangers. This just felt more like a season finale where last year's finale didn't feel like one.

Reminds me of dragging out the Jon Snow resurrection in Game of Thrones.

Hah- haven't seen that. Funny.

At least that episode jumped to other characters and their stories. This episode literally gave us nothing except 10 minutes of badass and 36 minutes of yawn. Keegan steals the scenes though- that dude is hilarious. When he nails that zombie and his head smashes in the window and he says "does that remind you of anyone?" I lost it. Hahaha

The people "crying" on social media was funny too- I guess compared to CSI and the voice, it was pretty emotional. It's an average show that plays to the mass audience it has. They play it perfectly, but a great show it is not. Of course, great shows can't sniff the toe of the ratings TWD gets. The show runners are geniuses in that regard.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
It's a drab, boring show and it's going nowhere. They're ramping up the violence to disguise the fact that there's ultimately no end game, and that all the plots and stories essentially follow the same pattern. That's fine in a sense. As Andysol points out, it's a mass appeal genre show, and there's nothing wrong with that. But so is Game of Thrones. The Walking Dead is just a slog.

Reactions: Andysol
The episode was almost a direct copy of the comics. I think people tend to forget that there is source material for this stuff. There are differences, but the major storylines are pretty much right from the books. The comics keep going, and as long as there are ratings, the tv show will too. End game only comes into play if they are going to cancel the show.

Oh, and if this is too gory for people, I have a feeling that when they get to the Whispererers story line, you really aren't going to like the show.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Too gory? 7 years ago the show opened to Rick shooting a little girl in the head...

Right. Plenty of shows have gory moments- Walter and Jesse had to scrub a dissolved human off their wood floors in season 1 of BB for one small example.

But I do agree with @Plastic Person in that the plots are all the same and it is very repetitive.
There's no stopping it because of the ratings. But then there are shows like GoT that aren't going to milk the ratings and respect the creative process a little more- much to the disapproval of the new head of programming over there. Breaking bad is another that could've milked. Then there are shows like mad men that I feel tarnished their brand by going 1 or 2 seasons too long. Something is the be said about the legacy of a show and how it is remembered.

My favorite show currently (maybe ever), is the leftovers. They are stopping at 3 seasons- next season being the last one. Truthfully, they are lucky to get three with it's terrible ratings. But I believe they would've ended at 3 regardless.

But walking dead doesn't care about its legacy I don't believe. It's all about now and milking it for all it's worth. The Disney of TV :D
That's not necessarily a bad thing, it has its place, but there is SO much good television out there that if you have a limited time, one should go for much greater options at this point. I haven't read the comics, but let me guess- they eventually band together and take out neegan. Then they find a new group of survivors, they are either good or bad, they band together, and face a new enemy. Am I close? :)

Leftovers, Americans, Fargo, GoT, The Affair, mr robot, better call Saul, stranger things, etc are all superior. If you don't have time to watch them, drop walking dead and watch one of those that suit you. You'll be happier you did. I stopped watching movies- so I have the time to watch walking dead- but still desire to watch the shield and house of cards. So maybe I'll drop it and catch up/binge those. I'll give it a couple more episodes I guess :/

The deaths were brutal. But Glenn's death was taken right out comics. If they toned it down, people would complain that it was too light as opposed to the comics. So it was a lose lose situation. They catered to the comic fans rather than the casual fans

The argument of making this a cliffhanger that bridged the seasons holds water.... but what else were you going to expect in this episode?