The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would have to agree with DisFreakBrent. I highly doubt that the people who bought the Harry Potter packages will be the only ones in the park from May 28 - June 17. It is just not a good idea for Universal. To close the park for that long to all regular guests would be bad for business. All that money not coming in after being in such a financial slump... I don't see that happening. Yes, I believe that the people you talk to when you call Universal will say this. After all, they are employees. They will say what they think they are expected to say when they don't have all the info, and I doubt that they have all the info.

When I called Universal yesterday I asked them several times, several different ways to confirm that package holders were exclusive to the park. They will be issued an E-Doc requiring a picture ID for the entire day, not just the 1 hour early admission. I asked over and over about others getting into the park and they said there would be restricted access points requiring these E-docs. I know they have limited info, but at this point if they change their tune anytime before 5/28 there will be a lot of annoyed paying guests on either side.

It seems pretty crazy that, despite paying the same money for the package, those who booked for before june 18th get to experience the WWOHP area to themselves all day every day whilst those who've booked after just get the one hour (assuming you didn't mean the whole IOA park too!). I'd imagine FJ being pretty reliable by the couple of weeks prior to grand opening.

Can't see how the package payers would complain if others were allowed in after the "one hour head-start" (even if it were extended to two hours) since they're still getting what they paid for.

They could even just rotate the arch to the left a bit. Then that angle wouldn't be visible.

As far as the show buliding, people, it's a theme park. Deal.

I do wish Universal had thought this one out a little more. In fact, I'm praying they have a load of massive pine trees they're planning on shipping in so they can plant a forest in front of the show building (or is "warehouse" a better term?). Hagrid's hut is, after all, next to the Forbidden Forest. On the JP side, more trees are needed too, or vines or a canopy or something. It is a theme park, but it's a Harry Potter theme park -- which supposedly takes place in the middle of pristine Scotland, surrounded by forests and lakes and mountains.... Maybe they can take a lesson from Disney here (Everest, Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur), and look at rides that keep the show building completely out of sight.

-- UPDATE --

By "forest", I mean two convincing rows of trees and a painted backdrop -- I was using hyperbole. :sneaky:

Maybe they can take a lesson from Disney here (Everest, Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur), and look at rides that keep the show building completely out of sight.

2678836074_8a12e93e32.jpg

I understand it's not visible while in the park, but you can easily see it from the parking lot, and I was a bit dissapointed to see a building built INTO a mountain...much more than I would be to see a castle on top of a box. It would be like painting the back of Tower of Terror gray. I honestly have no problem with visible show buildings...but Everest's completely gives away the fact that the mountain is fake.

It's just very sad that the first time you see Everest while driving to the park, this is the angle you see it from. But at least they painted it. I seem to remember it being a beige color when I went to passholder previews in January 2006.

Last edited:

I understand it's not visible while in the park, but you can easily see it from the parking lot, and I was a bit dissapointed to see a building built INTO a mountain...much more than I would be to see a castle on top of a box. It would be like painting the back of Tower of Terror gray. I honestly have no problem with visible show buildings...but Everest's completely gives away the fact that the mountain is fake.

It's just very sad that the first time you see Everest while driving to the park, this is the angle you see it from. But at least they painted it. I seem to remember it being a beige color when I went to passholder previews in January 2006.

It looks like they built a couple of houses into the mountain itself

It looks like they built a couple of houses into the mountain itself

Yeah, there are plenty of real-world examples of civilisations having carved buildings into mountains. I'd say that Everest one fits better than FJ, not that I'm complaining. Although it would be nice for the extra trees to be planted in JP to hide the castle.

From which areas is the FJ building most visible?

I cant find a picture now but I think that gaping hole in the mountain of FJ next to the entrance is for lockers. Not sure but I imagine lockers lining the walls in there.

Anyone have a photo from ground-level of the castle area showing this? I've been very interested as to where the lockers will be :)

Last edited:
Returning briefly to the wait times: I'd imagine they're probably going to be nightmarish for the first couple months after Potterland's opening, at best. There's a big difference between a new coaster and a dark ride themed around one of the most popular book and movie franchises in the world. I'm as eager to see this thing as most of you are, but I'm planning to go later in the year. ;P

That's a pretty interesting picture. I've never personally been to Animal Kingdom, so that seems like a bit of a shock to me. I'd have thought they'd at least have lined the area with trees or fake rocks or something to help obscure the building clearly in the side of the mountain, feasible or not. Seems to go against the whole Disney magic thing.

Nah, not a hint of softs. No one knows when that is... even the president of UC... . Softs on a major project are just a guess on all parts... until a day or three before. They shoot and then they pull. So, until the zippers come down... that will be popped overnight for a day later.

Being age 11 is a vague number... it might be hyper accurate... it might not. But it was only the end scene on my way to becoming a teenager. Oh that I could have had hundreds of students cheering me on at 11 years old.

Teebin, I don't know if people are just ignoring your clues/riddles, or just don't get them. This easily refers to the Quidditch scene in the ride, and it is going to be the last scene of the ride.

I need to get bonus points for going 2 for 2.

Teebin, I don't know if people are just ignoring your clues/riddles, or just don't get them. This easily refers to the Quidditch scene in the ride, and it is going to be the last scene of the ride.

I need to get bonus points for going 2 for 2.

I'm not ignoring them. I just REALLY suck at riddles. Sometimes I wish I was as smart as Hermoine. She could solve riddles but alas I am not. lol

EDIT:
But at 11 wasn't Harry being cheered on for saving everyone by stopping Voldemort from getting the Philospher's Stone? He was out cold for the final Quidditch game so they never got the Quidditch Cup that year. However, they did receive the House Cup because Harry, Ron & Hermoine (and Neville) got them enough points to defeat Slytherin for the House Cup. (I'm just going by what I recall from the books. I do not recall the movie as well as I do the book.

Last edited:
Dinosaur+facade.jpg

While viewed from the front of the building's front entrance, trees are seen just behind the building. However, these trees are on the building's roof, and create the illusion that the building is quite smaller than it actually is.

Last edited:
While viewed from the front of the building's front entrance, trees are seen just behind the building. However, these trees are on the building's roof, and create the illusion that the building is quite smaller than it actually is.
Dinosaur+facade.jpg

Wow, I didn't know that. That's actually really, really cool.

Did I really read that UO is telling people with the package there will be some kind of photo ID with check points? What are those operators smoking over there? My Pass doesn't even have a pic on it so I don't know what they are telling them to say to these package people on the phone but it makes me want to call just for a good laugh with how ridiculous some of this sounds. Anything besides just the hr. of exclusive time than either open or closed all together for everyone will cause an uproar beyond what UO can imagine so they better get their crap together on things & fast.

It seems pretty crazy that, despite paying the same money for the package, those who booked for before june 18th get to experience the WWOHP area to themselves all day every day whilst those who've booked after just get the one hour (assuming you didn't mean the whole IOA park too!). I'd imagine FJ being pretty reliable by the couple of weeks prior to grand opening.

Can't see how the package payers would complain if others were allowed in after the "one hour head-start" (even if it were extended to two hours) since they're still getting what they paid for.

Those who booked for before June 18th (and before the announcement) have no guarantee that they will see the entire WWOHP, just that they will get a preview of whatever is available at the time. I can see parts being shut down to be tweaked, etc, eg FJ may be open one day and closed the next.
Doug

Did I really read that UO is telling people with the package there will be some kind of photo ID with check points? What are those operators smoking over there? My Pass doesn't even have a pic on it so I don't know what they are telling them to say to these package people on the phone but it makes me want to call just for a good laugh with how ridiculous some of this sounds. Anything besides just the hr. of exclusive time than either open or closed all together for everyone will cause an uproar beyond what UO can imagine so they better get their crap together on things & fast.

Ever heard of these things called driver's licenses? Yeah that has your name on it and a photo id to match you to the name on the ticket or e-documents. They are just saying what information they have at the moment.

Ever heard of these things called driver's licenses? Yeah that has your name on it and a photo id to match you to the name on the ticket or e-documents. They are just saying what information they have at the moment.

Oh I know but the poster almost made it seem like they were printing out special IDs for the hotel guests for that day or something. I'm just finding the whole thing ridiculous that anyone who bought the package would really think they get it for the whole day to them self no matter what they were told on the phone because it makes zero sense for UO to upgrade their package to all day & would be a guest service nightmare.

He said they were getting e-docs. which is basically a sheet of paper with possibly a bar code like a ticketmaster print at home ticket. But most likely just a sheet of paper stating that they are a package holder with their names and hotel room #.

I guess my family is just going to have to plan our vacation at the last minute. We'd like to avoid the crowds that are sure to follow June 18th, but there is no way I'm going before -- unless we are 100% sure it'll be open to everyone.

My instincts tells me that soft openings should be open to everyone in June -- not just the people who have the Potter Packages. However, I bet the rides will be on and off frequently during this time, while the package holders will get to tour Hogsmeade no matter what (considering they are promised breakfast in The Three Broomsticks).

Basically, there are 3 scenarios (first hour being solely for Potter packages no matter what, I assume):

1) Gates are open to everyone. Forbidden Journey -- when running -- is open to everyone.

2) Gates are open to everyone. Forbidden Journey -- when running -- is only open to Potter package people (ohhhh I would just die a little bit inside if I was there and saw others riding but couldn't ride myself! -- which totally happened to me at Epcot right before Mission: Space opened).

3) Gates are closed. Only Potter package people are allowed in the entire area, and, therefore, I don't give a flying **** whether or not Forbidden Journey is running :lol: (no offense to anyone who does have that package -- you lucky dogs).

Sinister #4 that will never, ever exist (yet people keep mentioning): All of IOA is only open to Potter package people. Seriously, this is ridiculous. It's not going to happen. Stop mentioning it.