The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sorry if i sound like a jerk, I'm really not trying to but I'm really really tired of playing the guessing game and stressing out about soft openings for the Wizarding World. Teebin, please, if you're hinting about soft openings there are ways of making that clear withought saying it. It would be much appreciated. But since soft openings arent really planned....... I wonder.... maybe passholder previews? or just a random note, which is usually never the case with your posts.

So... final thought. When I was eleven years old. I loved magic, special effects especially fire effects. I also had an "on call" for dry ice from the local grocery store. Fog, Fire, Magic... that is what I loved as an 11 year old. I was always using wet flammable rubber cement to destroy a hot-wheels car with fire. It was so cool. So, why was 11 so special I wonder. Do all 11 year old boys like such stuff. And what could possibly be the importance of 11? 12,13,14 I had graduated to black gun powder for smoke and expensive boxes for tricks. And yet, I recall 11. Not sure why. Sorry to share a boring part of my life with you on here. Back to the dieing discussion.

Have a nice day.

Personally, I found 15 to be the earliest age I enjoyed magic, if not my early 20's.

Funny enough Teebin I still enjoy magic but really you shouldn't blow things up it's not nice

I dont really know why, but I totally got a huge laugh from that "its not nice" thing haha.

anyways...

hmm... I dont think its a hint at what age one enters hogwarts being that guests just getting a tour. I am going to vote for it being an event in a certain boys first year at a certain castle. Maybe its for the mirror of erised or something with the stone, what has been confirmed for the first book/movie? I dont even remember anything being for the first.

I would have to agree with DisFreakBrent. I highly doubt that the people who bought the Harry Potter packages will be the only ones in the park from May 28 - June 17. It is just not a good idea for Universal. To close the park for that long to all regular guests would be bad for business. All that money not coming in after being in such a financial slump... I don't see that happening. Yes, I believe that the people you talk to when you call Universal will say this. After all, they are employees. They will say what they think they are expected to say when they don't have all the info, and I doubt that they have all the info.

Hello all, I have been a lurker for the last 4 months and have enjoyed the discussion and rumors. I have a trip planned to Orlando for the 1st week in June for the last year. My family is normally Disney lovers but we did enjoy out 1 day trip to IOA last year. My DS10 loves Harry Potter and the big rides that IOA has. He and I have planned to take a day during the trip over to IOA for the WWHP on June 10th.

Now the reason for the post. I seriously looked at buying a HP package for June 10th when they were first announce. Even though we would not use the Hotel room since we have a timeshare in Orlando. However, The "bonus" of the package was being able to get into WWHP 1 hr early. But in order to get the included breakfast. you had to make a reservation at 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00. I did not by the package because I thought it was stupid to get in the WWOHP early just so you can eat. I assumed since they were selling packages that the area would be open. My wife is a GE employee so I already get a nice discount on park tickets.

Now DS is crushed that I have told him there is a good change the area will not be open when we are there. I prepared my son for a 3-4 hour wait to get on the FJ

I think it is rotten was US has done this. I am really hoping we can get in on the June 10th. Thanks to everyone for all the info people have posted. I hope FJ lives up to the hype now and in the future.

Last edited:
Nah, not a hint of softs. No one knows when that is... even the president of UC... . Softs on a major project are just a guess on all parts... until a day or three before. They shoot and then they pull. So, until the zippers come down... that will be popped overnight for a day later.

Being age 11 is a vague number... it might be hyper accurate... it might not. But it was only the end scene on my way to becoming a teenager. Oh that I could have had hundreds of students cheering me on at 11 years old.

Last edited:
Nah, not a hint of softs. No one knows when that is... even the president of UC... . Softs on a major project are just a guess on all parts... until a a day or three before. They shoot and then they pull... so, until the zippers come down... that will be popped overnight for a day later.

Being age 11 is a vague number... it might be hyper accurate... it might not. But it was only the end scene on my way to becoming a teenager. Oh that I could have had hundreds of students cheering me on at 11.

hmmm...11 scenes total on the ride? I seem to recall talking about this before, I can't remember if an actual number of scenes was confirmed though.

welome cincinmouse!
I am glad that you planned your trip to IOA this year as well and thats awesome for the discount tickets! I heard a lot of people, especially over at the dis boards complaining about the breakfast thing but most were because they didnt want to eat that early haha. Your reason actually makes sense. awesome job letting your son know it may or may not be open that way hes not disappointed. and even though it stinks that its not past the grand opening,at least you booked for a time that it should be opened for softs.

quidditch is in front of hundreds...

I have a good question:

Where the heck is the next information release from the fansites!?!?

The last report said the next one would debut in mid April. It's officially halfway through April and I've waited up 'till now, but I hope they don't hold off on posting their articles more than four days at the most. I've been refreshing The Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet like a crazy person hoping it will be there, but it isn't. And the member of Pottercast who went on the fansite visit mentioned that this report is more than likely about the rest of their experience in Hogsmeade. The wait is killing me! :bored: