The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Doesn't Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom have elevated trees to hide the show building?

But they can't do that, seeing as how there's a greenhouse right next to the building... But they could plant trees on top of the mystery box...???

-- edit --

but there's also the scale issue... so... poop...

Honestly, the big box never really bothered me. I'm just going to ignore it. It isn't as visible from Hogsmeade so I'm going to just going to enjoy the Wizarding World for what it is.

WHat about that big building you can see when walking into the Lost Continent?

^ I don't think about it too much because my attention is on the main lagoon or Mythos. This is probably the same for most other people too.

Nono, the canopy would only be temporary, just until some new plants grow in and obscure the view of Hogwarts from Jurassic Park. After this, everything would be taken off. But I still think that Jurassic Park should have more mist. Like, everywhere. Not too much, but just a small little wisp to keep the island mysterious like it should be.

Now, in Jurassic Park, I'm pretty sure that theming the FJ ride building to Jurassic Park would make guests happier. For example, the building can be themed to a research facility and have faux windows and themed trees just to add to the effect.

Regarding the Dragons' new queue, I'm overall impressed. I think that the lamps were a nice touch, and the melted wax was pretty cool. I'm sure that once the music is added, the whole effect will be better. Now, on the ride, I still think the track colors should be changed, ASAP. They CLASH like titans with Hogsmeade. It's not too noticable, but once you're in the queue, you can tell. I know that people know it as being red/blue, but in this case, the colors need to be changed. Maybe for the horntail to be a dark maroon base with fiery orange tracks and the fireball has a blue base with black tracks.

In Hogsmeade, the snow needs a touchup around the icicles. The white paint looks quite sloppy.

Approaching Hogwarts from Hogsmeade will be simply stunning, but, of course, Universal has yet to do anything about the huge showbuilding seen to the right, as well as from the greenhouse extended queue. It will be obvious from there, too.

We'll see guys. We'll see.

Last edited:
Why not just cover that area of the walkway over by JP? Make it so you can not see the building really from the JP area.

1st Mookie I wanted to say thanks for that awesome shot of the hog statue.

Next as far as Universal still saying May 28th to June 17th will be package only I'll wait & see what happens. I can tell you there will be not only a lot of regular guests at Guest Services screaming like crazy at them but also loyal passholders who don't like getting shut out of things when its during normal operational hrs. To add onto that I will say it again ITS NOT PART OF YOUR PACKAGE to have the area all day just an hr. before the park opens. So again you can bet that all hell will break lose if this goes through.

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

I just hope they fix this somehow... move the arch or something...

Just got a tweet from Universal Orlando: "A new Behind-the-scenes look at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is coming soon. Keep checking @UORnews for the latest [HASHTAG]#WWohp[/HASHTAG]" SWEET!

beat me to it DAMN

I would have to agree with DisFreakBrent. I highly doubt that the people who bought the Harry Potter packages will be the only ones in the park from May 28 - June 17. It is just not a good idea for Universal. To close the park for that long to all regular guests would be bad for business. All that money not coming in after being in such a financial slump... I don't see that happening. Yes, I believe that the people you talk to when you call Universal will say this. After all, they are employees. They will say what they think they are expected to say when they don't have all the info, and I doubt that they have all the info.

I would have to agree with DisFreakBrent. I highly doubt that the people who bought the Harry Potter packages will be the only ones in the park from May 28 - June 17. It is just not a good idea for Universal. To close the park for that long to all regular guests would be bad for business. All that money not coming in after being in such a financial slump... I don't see that happening. Yes, I believe that the people you talk to when you call Universal will say this. After all, they are employees. They will say what they think they are expected to say when they don't have all the info, and I doubt that they have all the info.

TM's have what is given to them. What was given to them is that the people who booked the exclusive vacation package or staying on-site during may28th-june17th will get the breakfast at broomsticks and some sort of previews. It's not like the TM's are making it up, it's what was given to them by upper mgmt.

TM's have what is given to them. What was given to them is that the people who booked the exclusive vacation package or staying on-site during may28th-june17th will get the breakfast at broomsticks and some sort of previews. It's not like the TM's are making it up, it's what was given to them by upper mgmt.

I never meant to suggest that they are making it up. By no means do I think they would willfully make anything up. I simply meant that they are answering questions with the limited amount of information they have.