The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Teebin, it is obvious when it comes to the use of a "punch" of air, and I'm surprised no one on here has said it.

You've known this right along and never told any of us? That wasn't very nice. What other effects do you know about that you haven't mentioned??? We want details!

BTW. Mookie king of zoom shots... that boars head detail is spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised if Adirondack Scenic got the contract for it. I'll sniff around and find out. I'll bet it was one sculpted maquette digitally scanned and carved by machine and then flipped in the digital world to face itself and machined again. Beautiful work and great bronze and verdigris finishing.

Last edited:
You've known this right along and never told any of us? That wasn't very nice. What other effects do you know about that you haven't mentioned??? We want details!

BTW. Mookie king of zoom shots... that boars head detail is spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised if Adirondack Scenic got the contract for it. I'll sniff around and find out. I'll bet it was one sculpted maquette digitally scanned and carved by machine and then flipped in the digital world to face itself and machined again. Beautiful work and great bronze and verdigris finishing.

Well hell, I figured someone should have figured out, its like the crane fell over and made everyone wonder and start to ponder what the new name for Dueling Dragons will be. WHAT?!! They are changing the name of Dueling Dragons! Say it ain't so! Oh wait, and they are building a Harry Potter land, never heard of it.

IMG_3693.jpg

Could that light pole be for projections?

Probably just a flood light but I could see Universal using projections for the grand opening?

Does anyone have the most recent pic of the greenhouse where you can see vines on the far right side?????????

So, Mookie... is the castle really convincing... does it work like the MK Castle? It is starting to not work for me in pictures. (don't hit me people... I am the one that believes in this project). Anyone been in the past two weeks? Does it really look like a castle 1000 feet above you? I am sure it will work from Hogsmeade... but from the gate.. not so sure.

Probably just a flood light but I could see Universal using projections for the grand opening?

Does anyone have the most recent pic of the greenhouse where you can see vines on the far right side?????????

Maybe Universal will do what Disney did with the Tower of Terror when it opened in Paris, that would be AWESOME!!

Video Here

So, Mookie... is the castle really convincing... does it work like the MK Castle? It is starting to not work for me in pictures. (don't hit me people... I am the one that believes in this project). Anyone been in the past two weeks? Does it really look like a castle 1000 feet above you? I am sure it will work from Hogsmeade... but from the gate.. not so sure.

The castle looks small from everywhere except for inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It works up close and especially seeing it from the entrance to Hogsmeade (LC side). From across the lagoon or from outside the park, it looks like a miniature castle stuck on top of a building (imagine that).

It looks really small from JP near Dueling Dragons. From the Dragons line it looks a little better. I hope they find a way to cover it up from JP because it ruins the effect if you see how small it really is.

But in Hogsmeade, the castle, in my opinion, looks ridiculously huge.
Ridiculously.

I agree. Especially when you look down the buildings of Hogsmeade, the Castle looks miles away.

I took this picture two weeks ago.
img1215n.jpg

It's going to look amazing when you're in Hogsmeade. I'm going to love every step I take closer to it.

However, from the Jurassic Park side, it does look extremely tiny in person...even smaller than I thought it looked in pictures from that side.

I agree. Especially when you look down the buildings of Hogsmeade, the Castle looks miles away.

I took this picture two weeks ago.
It's going to look amazing when you're in Hogsmeade. I'm going to love every step I take closer to it.

However, from the Jurassic Park side, it does look extremely tiny in person...even smaller than I thought it looked in pictures from that side.

Well then, there is potentially a final delay in JP replanting.. or a real fight going on between Uni and WB. They have pulled this so tight that even I do not have a planting solution. And I know theme park planting solutions. The four magnolias they popped in place I assumed were temp. Now I think they might be stuck or just not done yet. Keep in mind, the temp lockers area crept deep into planting area... so, if this is ever solved, it will be by timber bamboo. Sorry to sound like a scratched record.

Reactions: BJCool
Or they can just use temporary tents. Like canopy tents with vines. They just grow vines and interweave them so that nothing is visible from the top. An example of this would be the very beginning of Jurassic Park River Adventure in Hollywood.