The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very nice, I've always wondered why I haven't seen those utilized on any rides

Actually -- before Hard Rock Park shut down -- the Nights in White Satin dark ride used something like that, along with some smells, too. Obviously, it was at a much lower level than "ten of those at once," but bla bla bla stuff...

As for punches of air..maybe being hit by the Whomping Willow. And Teebin I'm glad to know that I was able to jump to this braking mechanism subject, as it has been one that troubles me. This seems like an ideal contraption for KILLING people.

And Teebin I'm glad to know that I was able to jump to this braking mechanism subject, as it has been one that troubles me. This seems like an ideal contraption for KILLING people.

Well... (i am so sick of using this word) "rumor" is... everything has been designed in such a way that no matter how spastic a robot arm might become, it will not be able to hit anything in its furthest reach in any direction. That said... if there are the "rumored" dome carousels... then to put you into them, you will have to be at the furthest "rumored" robatic arm's reach. phew... That said, you will be no closer to anything (if these lame stupid, fraudulent liar, legit like wednesday, posts are true) than 6 feet.

Ok... as for evac. Of course it has been allowed for (but that is a rumor as I truly believe that if they mash up your bod by mistake, the big building out back is in fact a morgue and disposal unit) That said, and you are not mashed like a potato live into the side of a set piece, there are evac procedures. I will give you slightly changed numbers... but my psychic told me today to be aware of the numbers 20 and 4 and the word rolling. Well Duh! We already know the stories were written by JK Rolling and that she is worth 4 billion dollars. I am still working on the 20 and will git back to ya.

Whilst I have no confirmation for any of my lame-assed rumors (this one was presented to me by my neighbors sons foster parents in Detroit) I have taken it unto myself to guess that it will be some kind of scissor lift.

Last edited:
I'm so angry right now. I thought for some strange reason that June was next month, when in reality it's still TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!! GAAAAAHHHH!!! I WANT THIS LAND OPENED NOW DAMNIT!!!

Well... (i am so sick of using this word) "rumor" is... everything has been designed in such a way that no matter how spastic a robot arm might become, it will not be able to hit anything in its furthest reach in any direction. That said... if there are the "rumored" dome carousels... then to put you into them, you will have to be at the furthest "rumored" robatic arm's reach. phew... That said, you will be no closer to anything (if these lame stupid, fraudulent liar, legit like wednesday, posts are true) than 6 feet.

As for evac... you can only wish in a million years you will be one of those lucky ducks. (be back in a second to elaborate on the lame cheating liar rumors I have heard)

Interesting. Thats wise of the designers, though I'm sure that is a safety guideline to which most rides adhere. Does that limit the length of the ride though since the arm has to be fully extended to put us near any show elements( because of the extra space needed for safe keeping as well)?
i'll assume that regardless of how close we get to props it will still be quite close for comfort. And I'm looking forward to the elaboration. :) As your info is appreciated much.

Interesting. Thats wise of the designers, though I'm sure that is a safety guideline to which most rides adhere. Does that limit the length of the ride though since the arm has to be fully extended to put us near any show elements( because of the extra space needed for safe keeping as well)?
i'll assume that regardless of how close we get to props it will still be quite close for comfort. And I'm looking forward to the elaboration. :) As your info is appreciated much.

The hype text you will find about the old dueling dragons is that you pass within inches of each other.... truth is... you are about 8 feet apart. Speed generates a sense of too close "at this speed". If your breaks fail within 16 feet of an on coming car, what do you think a millisecond later?

Great rides complete the story in your brain before you can physically react and said something happens... kind of like a good movie.

Last edited:
Completely off topic...well, somewhat related. But there is apparently another Harry Potter Attraction coming...not to Universal
I don't think it will compete, but it's very interesting to see all the Potter attractions and exhibits hitting now that Universal started it.

That's the freaking "Harry Potter: the Exhibition" that we've known about for many years. It's a Potter walk through experience set up in museums with some interactive displays, but mostly props, costumes, and other iconic Potter memorabilia on display. It's a museum exhibit, nothing more.

quidditch_exhibit.jpg

And a video
[video=youtube;EhN0v-25EOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhN0v-25EOY[/video]

But.......:focus::focus::focus::focus::focus:

Yeah. I have a feeling that when paired with sound/lighting/air effects things will seem much closer to you then they are in reality. Also with the rumored sheer size of many of these props, it seems like you might not want them to get any closer. Now I dont have a fear of spiders but if a spider the size of a small car were to approach me and get even withen 10 feet of me im going to get a little uncomfortable.

What are the axis points? The larger arm connected to the base, the smaller arm which connects to the seat are the only two that provide up-and-down right? and then the base rotates and can't the seats lean side to side(without going upside down) ?

From what I know this design has slightly less axis of motion than current installations due to it's higher weight capacity and movable base.

Last edited: