The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Havin a great time on vacation down here. As much as I want to go to Universal and stand and stare at the goings on... the rest of my family doesn't feel the same way! LOL I have been trying to convince them it is better to see Disney first :blank: We have 2 disney parks left... doing on today and one on Thursday. Tomorrow and Wednesday are our Universal Days. Is there ANY chance of a soft opening???
I really have had no time to check back to see what's been going on... Im lost in Orlando! LOL

Due to the possible height variations with the Kuka, and digital projection for the domes, you ride through the same track twice but at different heights (revelling different show scenes and with different projections in the domes, remember, you can't see directly above in the bench) before your arm is guided into unloading. Probably not going to happen, but it was the first thing I thought of with the "larger inside than outside."

I have not heard any "rumors" of domes of different heights in the same area or on the same trackway or that a vehicle will run any same area twice.

Well I got back from my vacation late last night, I can confirm the lock on the door is MIA. Further more nothing much is going on that I saw at the Wizarding World. However when walking out of IoA yesterday over by the lighthouse there were 2 people, I dont know who they were but one was wearing a HHN 17 shirt and had a float rider wristband on from the night before. The female is holding a broom, and the male is holding a wand. I have no idea if these are actually anything at all or just some nerds who brought there Harry stuff to the park. Due to that Im posting the image as a link as it could be a spoiler. CLICK FOR PIC (I blured out there face because I figured they may not want there face on the web without there permission.

----Bit off topic---
Oh, and in case you were wondering... Rip Off Rockit is having major problems with sound/breaks/chains/ and wheels, a rockit team member got hurt pretty bad going on rockit yesterday, don't know how but they took her where they keep the cars and ran each car a few times before putting a Team leader on it and after that opening it back up. Beetlejuice, is great as always, both Saturday and Sunday Universal employees were watching the show, looked like they were pretty high up. Sunday they were wearing Harry Potter polo shirts and beetle juice came and talked to them after the show. Riding a parade float is freaking amazing and a great experience, thanks to Captain Sam for being the best Captain ever! That is all I have to ramble about. :)
Oh and please don't sue me Universal. lmao.
---End off topic---

Last edited:
IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I heard John Williams Harry Potter music over the speakers today...

Reactions: BJCool
To toss my hypotheses out here, the the drawer of the rough sketch of the blueprints had it wrong. There isn't two loading areas (one moving and one not) one section of track is the loopback. Due to the possible height variations with the Kuka, and digital projection for the domes, you ride through the same track twice but at different heights (revelling different show scenes and with different projections in the domes, remember, you can't see directly above in the bench) before your arm is guided into unloading. Probably not going to happen, but it was the first thing I thought of with the "larger inside than outside."

I am sorry for my post regarding larger inside than outside. I was teasing Teebin for being so dramatic. Nothing more.

I was just commenting that everything DOES have to fit inside the show building, so nothing can be larger than what is physically possible.

--- Update ---

Havin a great time on vacation down here. As much as I want to go to Universal and stand and stare at the goings on... the rest of my family doesn't feel the same way! LOL I have been trying to convince them it is better to see Disney first :blank: We have 2 disney parks left... doing on today and one on Thursday. Tomorrow and Wednesday are our Universal Days. Is there ANY chance of a soft opening???
I really have had no time to check back to see what's been going on... Im lost in Orlando! LOL

Unfortunately, unlikely. Softs are coming, but we still have approximately 2 weeks.

re: mookie pics

SCRIVENSHAFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gues sthat answers the question as to whether they will eventually build one to shop in.
Facade only eh?

Still holding out hope for Puddifoot's.

seems like softs are coming soon. i get the feeling that blurred face pic (GOOD CATCH!) was possible employees.
getting excited!!!

ps- how does one get to ride a float?

So basically every know shop that was located in the book and movies Hogsmeade is actually represented in some way in Universal's Hogsmeade. All except Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, right?

i think so
i cant think f any others but i will look it up :)

looked everywhere for how to be a float rider @mardi gras. didnt find it.
google gives a hit that looks likely but it just takes you to the regular mardi gras page.
is it an annual pass thing?

Last edited:
Yes the ride along is a passholder thing.

Thanks Mookie for the pics & I know its weird but that missing lock has got me very excited even if its just to get the machines in & out easier.

agreed disfreakbrent
the lock missing seems a big deal.

either they are about to let ppl in (tms or passholders or public, i dunno, buit SOMEONE)
or they are getting machines in and out fast which means its opening soon!

I should've requested a spot on a float. I think the deadline for it is 5pm friday the week before though. so I would've had to ask friday to ride this coming saturday

oh well

I am sorry for my post regarding larger inside than outside. I was teasing Teebin for being so dramatic. Nothing more.

I was just commenting that everything DOES have to fit inside the show building, so nothing can be larger than what is physically possible.

Unless it goes (wayyy) underground..
which means it technically still is inside the show building, but still....

New official video by Universal Creative of the que line viewable over at Screamscape. Shows the portraits, Defense against the Dark Arts class room and Dumbledore's office. Pretty cool video, shows the 4 founders portraits.