The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Sorry guy... but that was posted some time back. Screamscape must have had a brain fart posting that so late after it was originally posted. But thanks for posting just in case some have not seen it.

Sorry about the re-post guys. I was out of town the last several days and had not read every page that I missed. I posted it as "new" as that is what screamscape had.

So as this place dies so fast if there is nothing to talk about.

I was out back of my house today talking with one of the Sand Hill Cranes that visit all the time (and btw, they have a new baby so say congrats) Anyway... we have had some odd winds from out of the east this afternoon. So, right in the middle of our conversation, a huge gust of wind plowed through. The crane that I was talking to nearly fell over... and then said to me, "darn, that was like one of those stupid bucket things they sell at the parks popping wind at yah... I hate it when they hit you with one of those" I said, "yeah, that is obnoxious" and he replied, "Can you imagine if you were hit with ten of those at once? It would certainly kill me!" and I replied, "Well it would certainly shock the poop out of me if I were hit by 10 at once!" Then Mr. Crane told me he had to go tend to the young'un. So I left and returned to the house.

End of my story. Have a nice day!

So as this place dies so fast if there is nothing to talk about.

I was out back of my house today talking with one of the Sand Hill Cranes that visit all the time (and btw, they have a new baby so say congrats) Anyway... we have had some odd winds from out of the east this afternoon. So, right in the middle of our conversation, a huge gust of wind plowed through. The crane that I was talking to nearly fell over... and then said to me, "darn, that was like one of those stupid bucket things they sell at the parks popping wind at yah... I hate it when they hit you with one of those" I said, "yeah, that is obnoxious" and he replied, "Can you imagine if you were hit with ten of those at once? It would certainly kill me!" and I replied, "Well it would certainly shock the poop out of me if I were hit by 10 at once!" Then Mr. Crane told me he had to go tend to the young'un. So I left and returned to the house.

End of my story. Have a nice day!

Very nice, I've always wondered why I haven't seen those utilized on any rides

draghon.jpg

So instead of taking the "up is down" Literally i kinda thought it more of a "left is right". So i flipped the image left to right instead of vertically. Maybe Teebin was saying at the time he wasn't using the dragon and the tree for any reason other than just them being objects we knew to be in the ride. Now with this new infromation could his "guess" of scene placement just really be that instead of entering from the tree scene and going to the dragon scene could we be going from the dragon scene into the tree scene?

Very nice, I've always wondered why I haven't seen those utilized on any rides

Rides? Not sure what you are talking about. And where on any ride would they have a reason to use such an effect? What would be the reason? Would there be a story behind that or would just be for effect.

Regardless, the Crane family has left now... they do that earlier than normal once they have a baby. I won't mention that you think it is cool to get hit by a blast of wind. They might stop speaking to me.

So instead of taking the "up is down" Literally i kinda thought it more of a "left is right". So i flipped the image left to right instead of vertically. Maybe Teebin was saying at the time he wasn't using the dragon and the tree for any reason other than just them being objects we knew to be in the ride. Now with this new infromation could his "guess" of scene placement just really be that instead of entering from the tree scene and going to the dragon scene could we be going from the dragon scene into the tree scene?

Nah... crazyidea had it right in his "up is down" fix of my drawing.. Yet he was might have been incorrect by being "right". And once "up is down" "counter" is....

Last edited:
Imagine all the horrible lawsuits...Universal would be ruined!!!!! *SOBS* But on a brighter note they could start selling burned tourist steak as a new menu item...probably would taste GREAT!!!!

Rides? Not sure what you are talking about. And where on any ride would they have a reason to use such an effect? What would be the reason? Would there be a story behind that or would just be for effect.

Nah... crazy had it right. Yet he was might have been incorrect by being "right". And once "up is down" "counter" is....

woah... you've lost me there bud. Haha my theroy was only that the direction was incorrect. Oh and on a side bar i found some construction pictures i took back in september. Ill post them soon. It might be a nice bit of nostalgia.

People taste like bacon...I assume

And as far as this ride vehicle, obviously it will have to have some crazy safety features that we don't normally see on rides, but does anyone know what they are? It can't have safety dogs like a chain lift because then it wouldn't be able to move. Maybe some heavy duty breaking system? Some big cables that lock into place? What if in some weird scenario the arm goes limp and smashes the seats into the base or floor? Does anyone know what the current robocoasters do when they have mechanical failures? It just seems like such a strange device to try and hault movement in case of emergency or power failure.

Even if you don't know feel free to suggest something.

Regardless, the Crane family has left now... they do that earlier than normal once they have a baby. I won't mention that you think it is cool to get hit by a blast of wind. They might stop speaking to me.

Hmmmm...trying to think of where a blast of air could be used on a ride...I'm sure it would work great on forbidden journey ;)

But the real question is, where? Perhaps a powerful spell cast in our direction? Bludgers hitting us during the quidditch match? There's quite a few possibilities.

People taste like bacon...I assume

And as far as this ride vehicle, obviously it will have to have some crazy safety features that we don't normally see on rides, but does anyone know what they are? It can't have safety dogs like a chain lift because then it wouldn't be able to move. Maybe some heavy duty breaking system? Some big cables that lock into place? What if in some weird scenario the arm goes limp and smashes the seats into the base or floor? Does anyone know what the current robocoasters do when they have mechanical failures? It just seems like such a strange device to try and hault movement in case of emergency or power failure.

Even if you don't know feel free to suggest something.

Crazyidea... were you sent to me from heaven? Geeez... that was going to be my next "rumor" discussion... You alarm me by this question and idea! Really!

But the real question is, where? Perhaps a powerful spell cast in our direction? Bludgers hitting us during the quidditch match? There's quite a few possibilities.

No, the wind that hit my friend Crane today was more like a punch. Not a high wind. And I am really asking, why would it be used in a ride... as I really have no idea why it would fit. I DON'T KNOW THE STORY of this ride some of you are talking about.

Wind could be used also to make it seem like we are really flying at the beginning.

PUNCH of air... that is how Mr Crane described it. Nothing to do with wind.

Last edited:
hmmmm...trying to think of where a blast of air could be used on a ride...i'm sure it would work great on forbidden journey ;)

but the real question is, where? Perhaps a powerful spell cast in our direction? Bludgers hitting us during the quidditch match? There's quite a few possibilities.

The Dementors!!!

Cquaz- The good old days when the lost continent theme was still showing its pride in front of the Three Broomsticks. Seems so long ago, when it actually isn't.

Last edited: