The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
do you guys think that
it was done on-purpose that the Wizarding World is different from the Exhibition?

I guess, because obviously some elements which Harry potter fans "got to have" is pulling a mandrake and sit on Hagrids chair.
Which we can not do in the park.

I just wish some elements from the interactive elements in the exhibition makes it into the attraction
eventho I know it is done by 2 different companies.

As far as the cannon air blast giant Air Zooka concept mixed with fog hinted at earlier. I just thought it was interesting and more to back it up that Scott Trowbridge was actually testing a big version of these at an Imagineering presentation soon after he left Universal to work with Disney. Since he is one of the creative leads behind the project it certainly is interesting. Also, the Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the Crystal Skull at Tokyo Disney Sea uses the effect as well when the evil God inhabits a wall and spits a fog vortex along with an airblast that ends up surrounding your vehicle with a fog ring. It is pretty neat and reletivley simple.

You can also make a giant Airzooka with a bungee, Trash Bag and Trash can! Just random fun.

I am thinking that if not some random spell blast the fog blast will be for the dementors. Think of this kind of effect in reverse. If they blasted us from behind it would give that feel of something being pulled against us. (muppets does this on a weaker and once more convincing effect) and the fog that leaves us from this blast will continue in the direction of the Dementor in front of us, thus creating the illusion that our soul has just been taken from our body by a dementor.

Last edited:
IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

I'm in love with the hog!!! Looks gorgeous!!! I hope they sale a little statue of him I can put in my home.

And congrats to the crane family for the new addition. Do storks bring crane babies? Hmmmm. lol

Surely we will see Harry's Patronus as he casts that spell to drive off the Dementors that are sucking our souls. I wonder how Uni will pull off the Patronus. Projected imagery? animatronic? Kuka mounted Stag? :p

Here's for stating the obvious... 9 and 13 April have come and no softs. SAS was full of $#!%. My friends have driven from NY to Florida and I didn't go with them. Thank you, you know who.

SAS, if you're here lurking as someone else, what you did was really unnecessary and could have had unfortunate consequences. I did believe you and I'd be at Islands of Adventure today very upset. You owe this forum an apology. Curious to see if you're man enough to come on and offer one.

People taste like bacon...I assume

And as far as this ride vehicle, obviously it will have to have some crazy safety features that we don't normally see on rides, but does anyone know what they are? It can't have safety dogs like a chain lift because then it wouldn't be able to move. Maybe some heavy duty breaking system? Some big cables that lock into place? What if in some weird scenario the arm goes limp and smashes the seats into the base or floor? Does anyone know what the current robocoasters do when they have mechanical failures? It just seems like such a strange device to try and hault movement in case of emergency or power failure.

Even if you don't know feel free to suggest something.

First thing that comes to mind is the possible use of clutches on each pivot point. For example, power is required to hold the clutches open, allowing movement. When E-stop is tripped, it cuts power to the track, which cuts power to the vehicle, and locks the clutches, freezing all movement in the arm.

Or, maybe each pivot point is rigged up like this?

This would prevent any movement without power as well.

Teebin, it is obvious when it comes to the use of a "punch" of air, and I'm surprised no one on here has said it. If you watch any of the movies, and someone casts a spell on someone else it looks like a ball of colored air punching the person off his feet.

Hence somewhere on the ride someone will be casting spells on us and we will be punched with a ball of air to react to it.

People taste like bacon...I assume

And as far as this ride vehicle, obviously it will have to have some crazy safety features that we don't normally see on rides, but does anyone know what they are? It can't have safety dogs like a chain lift because then it wouldn't be able to move. Maybe some heavy duty breaking system? Some big cables that lock into place? What if in some weird scenario the arm goes limp and smashes the seats into the base or floor? Does anyone know what the current robocoasters do when they have mechanical failures? It just seems like such a strange device to try and hault movement in case of emergency or power failure.

Even if you don't know feel free to suggest something.

I don't know about robocoasters specifically, but most industrial robots have brakes on each axis (similar to the disk brakes on a car if I'm not mistaken). The brakes are held open as long as power is applied. As soon as power is lost, the brakes close and the arm stops very quickly. My guess is that the KUKAs use the same mechanism (perhaps with redundant brakes if they wanted to be extra safe).

It would've been nice if today was soft, i don't think there is anybody there

Blutos Barges = 5 mins.
Caro-Seuss-el = 5 mins.
Cat In The Hat = 5 mins.
Dooms Fearfall = 5 mins.
Dueling Dragons = 5 mins.
Incredible Hulk = 5 mins.
JP River Adv = 5 mins.
One Fish = 5 mins.

It would've been nice if today was soft, i don't think there is anybody there

Blutos Barges = 5 mins.
Caro-Seuss-el = 5 mins.
Cat In The Hat = 5 mins.
Dooms Fearfall = 5 mins.
Dueling Dragons = 5 mins.
Incredible Hulk = 5 mins.
JP River Adv = 5 mins.
One Fish = 5 mins.

Exactly why they didn't do them for spring break.