The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would hope that it would be wood, it wouldn't be as real then if that is the case.

Well... this is it... the boring "calm". It has been fun watching that some of you are having dreams about this. Unfortunately, I suffer from the adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it". Just exchange "wish" with "fish". Even today, I was driving I-4 doing 70 and fell into a psychic trance for a while... I saw paper with drawings... I saw 2008... I saw a street layout... I saw "oject Str" and I saw the word Dominic and an alcove or alleyway... and money of some kind... all that I could make out was "otts Wizarding Ban"... then I heard horns... many horns... horns of heaven I thought... and then I shook out of it and realized I was driving nearly sideways across 5 lanes of traffic on I-4. I think I need new brake pads.

So... I have fished that lake hard... and while I caught hundreds of fish I have eaten most of them and only told you of the smallest that I caught. Why? Because the crane and the gator and the snake requested so of me. In hindsight, with many of you dreaming clever and happy dreams of hope and expectation, I am glad I have been restricted by my animal friends and psychic trances. I now realize, this is a very big dream for many of you second only to Christmas Day or a Birthday. While I hope they "get it right technically" many of you are hoping that you "get your wish magically". Two very different desires yet both require the same outcome. I wish us both well in our hopes and desires. -Teebin

Last edited:
they will probably have mostly plastic wands as wood would be expensive for them . it also could be a safety issue to have heavy wood wands for the little ones.

well any kind of real wood would be pretty expensive and plastic would just be more practical.

if they do have wood it wll probably be like $80 or more.

well any kind of real wood would be pretty expensive and plastic would just be more practical.

if they do have wood it wll probably be like $80 or more.

Also think about how much it costs to buy certain wood. The cost of wood to make those wands after a while would drain Uni's budget for Olivanders and cause them to get rid of another thing like the water vortex, the floor drop in twister or the spinning in CITH. I think its better they start with plastic so there's not disappointment in a couple of months or years.

hmmm.. I am seeking a deeper darker more informative discussion... perhaps wdwmagic.com, tmz.com or WAIT... I found it! http://www.barney.com/usa/index.asp

Wow. That's all I can say. You officially must have nothing to say about WWoHP. The one person who is said to have inside information, is now like a dry sponge. Please, tell me someone has some sort of information! Teebin do you think you forgot to mention something that Mr. Racer or Mr. Crane told you?

Oh, so your fishes that you ate should only be kept for you? Why don't you share some excretory; we're that desperate. xD
Kidding. Anyway, I think that some of this fishes had very blue scales. They might have been printed blue. Did you happen to throw those skins away when you deboned the fishes to eat them? Well, I'm sure they're somewhere. But you just won't tell us where, now, will ya? ;]

Well if you look a few posts above it seems he has also confirmed from his sources that Gringotts Wizarding Bank is in the form of an ATM in an alleyway in the wizarding world.

Clever on theming corner...and essential with how much cash people will tossing out of their wallets.

Wow. That's all I can say. You officially must have nothing to say about WWoHP. The one person who is said to have inside information, is now like a dry sponge. Please, tell me someone has some sort of information! Teebin do you think you forgot to mention something that Mr. Racer or Mr. Crane told you?

Nah, I am a trimmed wet sponge. The majority of wands will be of composite material. There will be hand carved wooden wands yet they will be very expensive. There will be no 100% pure plastic wands except for the very very young.

Oh, so your fishes that you ate should only be kept for you? Why don't you share some excretory; we're that desperate.

Ok, I will give you 500 thousand dollars... and ask you to give people you respect on here each $100 up to 5 thousand dollars. What are you going to do... refuse the 500K?

Last edited:
Nah, I am a trimmed wet sponge. The majority of wands will be of composite material. There will be hand carved wooden wands yet they will be very expensive. There will be no 100% pure plastic wands except for the very very young.

Thank you, now we have some more information that we can go back and forth about. Thanks Teebin!

I don't think the price of the wand has anything to do with the special effects in the shop. UO has repeatedly mentioned that you don't have to buy anything to partake in the Ollivander's experience. After the process of the wand selecting the customer, they have the option to buy the wand that "chose" them, request a different wand, or not buy anything.

From MTV's coverage:

Even though the Ollivander's shop is technically a shopping experience, actually buying anything in the shop is not a requirement. If a guest goes through a wand-selecting experience, they are not obligated to buy the wand that "chose" them. According to Coup, the experience is as much of a draw to the shop as buying the wands.

But even though it sounds like it should take a while to go through the process, Coup estimated the wand-choosing experience should only take two to five minutes per guest. Since the shop stays true to the books and films, Ollivander's will be very "intimate" — meaning probably only 25 people can fit in at a time. Especially within the first few months of the park opening there will probably be a wait to get into the shop, but it seems like it would be well worth the time.

Coup also acknowledged that not all visitors will want to go through the wand-selecting process and said there are going to be other wand-purchasing options available. There are 13 Ollivander's wand varieties created by the "Harry Potter" films' production designer Stuart Craig and author J.K. Rowling that can be purchased, as well as 12 wands from Noble Collection and a build-a-wand area geared towards younger guests. Visitors can select items to put in the core of the wand and choose the wood to make their own unique wand.

Wait a minute...only 25 people can go into the shop at one time, and the wand selection process takes 2 to 5 minutes....Umm yeah, I have a feeling the wait for this will be longer then the wait for the dark ride. I understand that they want to make it "authentic" but that is a REALLY stupid idea if Universal plans to sell anything. I have a feeling I will never seen the inside of any of these shops...at least not the first few months the park is open. Yikes!