The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi, I'm new on here and have been reading this and the previous post for a couple of months. We booked our holiday to Orlando, from the UK after Universal started selling Harry Potter packages from 28th May, thinking, wrongly as it turned out, that if they are selling packages it is bound to be open. Our holiday is from 24th May - 7th June. My kids are HP nuts, we have visited film locations here in the UK, and live not far from Alnwick Castle where alot of the first movie was filmed. I have spoken to UO on several occasions over the last few weeks and have had no joy, they say that only the people who have purchased the package will be getting in from 28th May, everybody else will have to wait until 18th June. Can anybody give me any hope that they are just saying this so they do not have a onslaught of Harry Potter fans turning up from 28th May, my kids are devastated. We will not be able to afford to bring our children back in the near future, my son is 14 in the summer and unless we win the lottery, this will be our last holiday to Florida with him. I am gutted. :(

Since they really can't guarantee you it will be open all day, they can't say anything else. Do we think, but not know, that it will be open then and you will be able to get in? Most likely. We can say that because we don't work for Universal.

I just dont see Universal ONLY opening Harry Potter for people with a special pass, and only for a limited time. Once "softs" are open they are open. Meaning you will be able to walk around the area, and hopefully enjoy the ride.

What makes this a little different then a typical soft, is that it's not just a ride opening, but an entire area, with numerous shops, rides, and a restaurant. They wouldn't staff all those shops and rides just for a "magic hour" for pass holders.

I think it will work one of two ways.

They go all out and open all the stores, rides, and restaurants before the "grand opening" OR they only operate on a limited basis, with certain stores being closed..or worse with the main ride being closed most of the day.

Either way, if Universal has the are open to passholders, they aren't going to pay their employees and run up their bills for a few hundred people. They are most likely going to allow everyone to spend their time and money in the Harry Potter area.

The biggest what if is the main ride itself. They will be happy to sell you a butter beer or two, and a $100 wand while you wait to see if the main attraction opens for the day.

Without a doubt, Universal would want as many people as possible in the area at all times to make as much money as possible. And to have the people ready for the onslaught of the summer season, period. Universal wants to know what they will be dealing with. The package people may have the first couple of hours in the day, but nothing more than that, I guarantee it.

On a funny side note, didn't Williams do the score to Jurassic Park as well? I find it funny two islands next to each other playing the same music from the same composer, albeit one of the best of this generation/all time.

Him, and Silvestri's score for Back to the Future are some of the best music of all time, bar none.

Yeah I will say it again the package says 1 hr. of exclusive access NOT all day. Universal is telling you what they are told to but I can say with about 90% sure you will be able to get into the area & enjoy all the shops & rides. Noted this is also the same % I give the package people so your odds are good.

Great ideas on some of the music I'm going to listen to samples on Amazon later but loving your ideas so far. Try to think being as non spoilerish as possible what music will play in what part of FJ (queue,load area,certain scene ect.) & almost put together a playlist starting with the queue & ending with the last scene of the ride or the exit area.

OT Captain EO is coming back to WDW now on July 2nd at least Disney is trying bring back vintage goodness to keep me using my pass for there.

Thanks guys, you are making me feel alot better. This has ruined the build up to our holiday, I am usually so excited to come to Florida I cant sleep, but the last few weeks I have just felt sad that I have let my kids down for not waiting for the official opening date before we booked, they are so upset. I'm not going to build their hopes up thought, if we get in it will be a bonus.

Thanks guys, you are making me feel alot better. This has ruined the build up to our holiday, I am usually so excited to come to Florida I cant sleep, but the last few weeks I have just felt sad that I have let my kids down for not waiting for the official opening date before we booked, they are so upset. I'm not going to build their hopes up thought, if we get in it will be a bonus.

Don't be upset, you will be able to get in, UO employees are required to say one thing what happens at the park is another. When they see the amount of people who will be there on May 28th, they will have no choice otherwise but to let them in.

Edit:

Just a funny thought, I just hit post 69, there should be a hidden rank bar for that titled MCLOVIN.:thumbs: :lol:

I think the worst case scenerio is that No one will be able to get in on May 28th, but I just dont see that happening.

I think the worst case scenerio is that No one will be able to get in on May 28th, but I just dont see that happening.

Then UO will have a full scale riot on their hands, they are kicking stuff up to 88 mph in order to get it done in time. They know they looked bad with the HRRR, they don't want the same thing again.

unfortunately they can do whatever they want. If they want to make us wait they will. They know once this thing is open they will make mad money no matter what.
I just hope that won't be the case since they do need some soft open time.

Last edited:
As far as music is concerned I love the Harry Potter theme song, but the full orchestral version not the bell version, and I also love the choir song from OOTP I don't know the name but it does play when you click on the Three Broomsticks in the walk around on the website.

I just found out the trip to Orlando for June 19th for me and my cousins has been cancelled due to my cousin getting caught watching Kat Williams at school. And its a christian school.

I just found out the trip to Orlando for June 19th for me and my cousins has been cancelled due to my cousin getting caught watching Kat Williams at school. And its a christian school.

There will be other visits. Couldn't your cousin have waited till he got home? Well I have to say that totally and truly STINKS!

I'm tickled pink to hear that my guess of May 17 may end up being the correct date. I'm definently going to try to make it down there around the 19th to see if Softs are open. If the area is and I'm able to experience the ride I'll be sure to fill you all in. Honestly, even if the ride isn't open I'd be perfectly content to just stroll around Hogsmeade for the day.

and I'm sorry to hear about the trip being cancelled...that just flat-out sucks. sorry, man. :(

That sucks that you cant go see it is their anything you can do about it.