The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
if you aim the wand off the bridge in the WWOHP, a large splash comes flying at you.

That would be awesome! They could use the same thing they use on the Hulk with the sensors and the things that blast the water when the coaster's train goes past it except the sensor would detect the wand being pointed at it! I doubt that will happen though because a small stick of wood couldn't possibly fit all the wiring and other stuff. But Uni probabally has some magic of their own inside those wands...

All the wands would really need is a way for a wave transmitted from a discreet location to bounce back to it using a reflector on the wand, therefore activating a special effect. Almost too easy, really. BUT the wands would need a very small disguised 'mirror' at their tip.

No, you know what would really be awesome? A couple boulders that made the WWoHP logo appear out of fiber optics when a wand is pointed at it while it originally says 'Hogsmeade' on it. Maybe with an arrow pointing towards the village.
Apart from other small effects, the wands could turn lights in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts off in the distance off or on. :D

Last edited:
This system was suppossed to be installed within the entire area, but I guess because of budget cutback it wasn't.

What is the name of it again?

Edit:
I wish I could stay a Time Traveler, BTTF is my fave movie of all time.

I hope once HP starts getting Uni some money back, they will decide to add a MagiQuest-type / interactive wand thing around the WWoHP. That would be seriously cool. With the rapid rate that technology advances now a days, and how they can make gadgets more technologically advanced, smaller, quicker and better, I'm sure they will be able to make wands that are slimmer than the MagiQuest ones, and they could be just like the ones in the movies.

PS: the Grand Opening invite is very nice! I REALLY want one!!!

Like most invites that Universal sends out, we'll find them on ebay pretty soon.

And with this post I'm no longer a time traveler :sad:

So I am putting this out because even though I know it has been seen for a long time now I don't think it was ever discussed or speculated on too much but about the "PLEASE RESPECT THE SPELL LIMITS" sign and postings. I have never been aware of any of that in the books or movies and it seems this is definately something that will play in the attraction's backstory.

I would guess that as muggles we have a stricter set of rules with magic and guidelines that come with them. Anyone else have opinions?

Muggles can't produce any magic, so I think this is just a funny play on words, instead of speed limit, they put spell limit, nothing more, nothing less.

So I am putting this out because even though I know it has been seen for a long time now I don't think it was ever discussed or speculated on too much but about the "PLEASE RESPECT THE SPELL LIMITS" sign and postings. I have never been aware of any of that in the books or movies and it seems this is definately something that will play in the attraction's backstory.

I would guess that as muggles we have a stricter set of rules with magic and guidelines that come with them. Anyone else have opinions?

I think this is as plausible as anything I have heard... if we are going on a ride with mr potter himself; if we are going to fly... then we have been granted some kind of special temporary powers to fly. If we can fly and follow mr potter... we can be granted other powers as well.

^True, but maybe we're not granted powers, we're just told to sit on an enchanted bench and Hermione enchants to follow Harry, which i believe was a premise to the story being told.

I am about to post in the SPOILERS thread for the few of you that do want to read a few technical, factual and scene stealing revelations. If I get tossed out of here by the admins... please rally for me! I am not posting here as I said last night because I realize a few of you don't want to know and want to enjoy the magic and know nothing.

Last edited:
I find this more than fair. Don't release too much image-wise, okay? Apart from your spoilers, there are reasons people appreciate you here. Let's keep it fair, too, admins. This place is bound to be opened, so all hints are just a small, small percentage.

I find this more than fair. Don't release too much image-wise, okay? Apart from your spoilers, there are reasons people appreciate you here. Let's keep it fair, too, admins. This place is bound to be opened, so all hints are just a small, small percentage.

Maybe Teebin should put it in an EASY riddle form, that everybody can figure out, so Teebin doen't get kicked off the forums and if there's any questions, Say " I didn't tell them anything, I just said a riddle."

^True, but maybe we're not granted powers, we're just told to sit on an enchanted bench and Hermione enchants to follow Harry, which i believe was a premise to the story being told.

No we are definately granted some sort of powers otherwise we would not be able to see many things in the Wizarding World or be allowed into Hogwarts or have any use for wands. The entire backstory of the island seems to be that the wizarding world has been revealed to muggles. This is also stated on the site. I am willing to put money that the spell limits will play in part something all muggles entering should keep in mind.

"Please Respect the Spell Limits" is a reference to the children of Hogwarts not being allowed to use their magic during their trips to Hogsmeade. This was confirmed by Universal in one of their press releases.

I have no idea if this was asked but I don't get why Dumbledore is in the WWoHP. He dies in the 6th movie and also in the book. Is the island being revealed supposed to be in between the 5th and 6th book/movie? If so, then why is the island including stuff from the 7th book?

I have no idea if this was asked but I don't get why Dumbledore is in the WWoHP. He dies in the 6th movie and also in the book. Is the island being revealed supposed to be in between the 5th and 6th book/movie? If so, then why is the island including stuff from the 7th book?

The Wizarding World is not set in a certain period of time. No matter what happened in a book, a character can still exist in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.