The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How could you go to a world of Harry Potter and not meet Dumbledore, next to Harry he's probably the most beloved and interesting character in the entire series.

Well, what is done is done. I cannot turn back the clock. Spoiler's is spoiled. The funny thing is... someone posted the most MOST telling picture here months ago. It was very simple, yet 99.9% of you ignored it as a guess. It wasn't. I presume the lawyers had not yet caught on to this website when it was posted. It is such a hoot that I grabbed on and yanked the "you know what" out of it and pursued the original poster.

So, I am about to post this as a quick reply... am I still here???

No we are definately granted some sort of powers otherwise we would not be able to see many things in the Wizarding World or be allowed into Hogwarts or have any use for wands. The entire backstory of the island seems to be that the wizarding world has been revealed to muggles. This is also stated on the site. I am willing to put money that the spell limits will play in part something all muggles entering should keep in mind.

Its not that we are granted powers to enter the area, its that the spells that are keeping it hidden from the muggle world are lifted. A muggle cannot be given magic, it is something that a wizard or witch is born with, hence why they have Squibs in the wizarding world. These are people born to wizard parents and without magical powers.

I understand that I have read all the books through and through but if we are not going to have magic abilities at least for the stretch of the wizarding world than what are we performing with the wands as tools in Olivanders?

A wand by itself has magical properties built into it based on the core and the type of wood that is in it. A wand could technically still choose a muggle for its master, but that said muggle would not be able to perform any magic with it.

Either way its a theme park, lmao.

Well, what is done is done. I cannot turn back the clock. Spoiler's is spoiled. The funny thing is... someone posted the most MOST telling picture here months ago. It was very simple, yet 99.9% of you ignored it as a guess. It wasn't. I presume the lawyers had not yet caught on to this website when it was posted. It is such a hoot that I grabbed on and yanked the "you know what" out of it and pursued the original poster.

So, I am about to post this as a quick reply... am I still here???

You are the freaking man dude, but if you could point me in the direction of said rumor, I would love to know, :lol:

Exactly, its a theme park and anything can happen, but I am not going to be surprised if some actors are encouraged or roll with *wand appears to perform something neat while in guest's hand*

"Wow, maybe you are not a muggle and have some magic in your blood!"

After all, Harry never knew he was magic blooded until it was revealed to him with the letter.

Well I'm sure the actors are going to roll with it, I just hope with some of the smaller kids they aren't running around waving their wands around and eventually hitting people with it cause they think they are magical.

Here is an interesting question, how many people in costume show up on day 1?

What will be hillarious is the actors giving the stink eye to everyone in costume because they stole their job as being a themed Harry Potter character that JK has approved of. :lol:

For all we knwo for safety reasons costumed may not be permitted.

It would be for the best actually if that is an enforced rule.

I am quite sure since the WWoHP has actors in costume that costumes of the same sort will not be allowed on guests. This being that Universal does not want guests to confuse costumed tourist with TMs in their roles. So leave your cloak at home because you won't be wearing it inside the park.

Exactly. It is a safety reason. They want to have control over a claim or situation if one should arise involving a guest and a team member.

It will be interesting to see what their stance is. They let in kids with superhero costumes and princess costumes though no costumes are allowed for HHN. I've seen kids and adults in the park with the glasses and hats and capes, but that doesn't mean they had them on when they walked in the gate. They may have waited to put stuff on. June 18th isn't far!

crazyidea it's in the spoiler topic since this one is keep info on FJ spoiler free

Splatter your exactly right guests in costumes will just NOT HAPPEN. The few items they are selling that may be close to what the actors are wearing (the house ties & scarfs) are slightly different than the actual costumes & worn alone by a guest would not be a problem. (wearing a house tie with a pair of jeans wouldn't be a "costume" & would be ok) This is why they won't be selling robes or house sweaters because wearing those is a costume that an actor in the area would have. The only exception to the rule will be if it's a small child in the same way Disney let's little girls wear their princess dress or boy's wear a pirate costume to the parks.

It will be interesting to see what their stance is. They let in kids with superhero costumes and princess costumes though no costumes are allowed for HHN. I've seen kids and adults in the park with the glasses and hats and capes, but that doesn't mean they had them on when they walked in the gate. They may have waited to put stuff on. June 18th isn't far!

there is a difference there....kids.

Children who are obviously children do not work at theme parks. All this stuff is thought through.

Even the face paintings that are done at the parks are special designs and they are known what they can and can not face paint at Horror nights and other venues as well as daily park choices.

Now imagine that at potter. I would almost be willing to do that for the novelty..get an airbrush Tat of the dark mark on the arm.

I went out to the parks today to check up on things, ride some rides, and toss a few back at Margaritaville. I know this is nothing new but I thought I would share some pics for you guys and gals. Also on a side note I realized how tight things are regarding picture taking around WWoHP. I got nailed by security and while they were indeed very nice I had to delete some really cool pictures which is no big deal and I respect it.

Enjoy!!

2le78m.jpg

54h8j.jpg

prhap.jpg

ztdp34.jpg

awq1ok.jpg

2pts1sz.jpg

i6ecz9.jpg

6fcly8.jpg

20a99qw.jpg

qxmpvr.jpg

ou2ikm.jpg

hs41uw.jpg

r8835v.jpg

30as5s9.jpg

I will post a few more pics in just a few minutes.