The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remmber, all of you who are dissapointed that you didnt get to see the whole thing, just saves the excitement for the actual thing to be revealed.
I am happy that they didn't tell us anything yet. But I am a little anxious to know when the annual pass previews take place (soon I hope).
And just because the Grand Hall wasent shown dose not mean it is not in there. Maybe it is in the actual ride itself.

Whoa! I was freaking out all day at school because the site crashed! And now I see our thread is locked down forever. Well, at least today has been awesome as far as footage goes!

reposting this from MTV since it's good. seems like they got to tour the queue

The attraction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that Universal Orlando is most excited about is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a ride they revealed to press and "Harry
Potter" fan site webmasters on Wednesday. MTV got a chance to be one of the first inside Hogwarts castle, which is much more than just a pretty and accurate exterior.

Wizarding World creative director Thierry Coup said a couple months back that just waiting in line for the ride portion of Forbidden Journey was worth the time, and Wednesday's visit explained why. Many of the iconic rooms and areas of Hogwarts castle that have been described in the "Harry Potter" books and seen in the movies have been re-created inside Universal's version of Hogwarts castle.

"It's the most immersive queue ever created," said Alan Gilmore, production consultant for the park and art director for some of the films. "Every moment here is a wonderful moment, really. You just take it all in."

The experience starts at the entrance to Hogwarts, where statues of winged boars like the ones from the film version of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" can be seen. A sign below says, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," but Gilmore revealed that when the park is opened on June 18, there will be a "magical" effect that will make it seem as though the words "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" will appear etched by wand over the sign.

Guests will enter through the dungeon level of the park, where they will walk through in either the express, singles or regular line. The express line will miss out on the majority of the tour of Hogwarts. The dungeon area is designed with no "walls," to look as though it has been carved out of the mountain. Attendees will walk by the One-Eyed Witch statue and the Mirror of Erised, which Harry Potter sees in "The Sorcerer's Stone."

After passing through the dungeon area, visitors will go outside to the Hogwarts greenhouse, where Professor Sprout's class studies Herbology. Coup and Gilmore said there is still horticulture to be planted before the park opens — but there were "sleeping" mandrake roots in a cage near the entrance back into the castle and there will be a giant vine, like in the films, creeping around the greenhouse.

The entrance back into the castle is what Coup called the "Oxford Corridor," and was basically a re-creation of the many corridors Harry and his friends walk through in the films. There is a statue of the architect of Hogwarts, who is standing with a lion, badger, snake and eagle to represent the four houses. At the end of the corridor is the griffin statue which, in the books and film, provides a magical staircase to Dumbledore's office.

Past the statue are moving paintings, which Universal used special technology to re-create. The first is of Professor Swoopstikes, who is talking about insects to the guests. The next one is of people watching Quidditch, and if visitors watch long enough, Swoopstikes will enter the Quidditch painting. The next room is the portrait room with about 100 paintings, both moving and not, of the founders and major people involved in Hogwarts. The paintings talk to themselves and to the guests, mostly questioning why Muggles are in Hogwarts, with a script designed to avoid repetition.

Finally guests will arrive in Dumbledore's Office, which is their intended destination in the castle according to Forbidden Journey's story line. Express guests will have skipped all the previous rooms and end up in the office after walking from the dungeons through a different portrait gallery.

Gilmore said this room was a more faithful reproduction of the office than in the films — it was something he and the films' production designer, Stuart Craig, always wanted to do. It looks identical to the room in the films, with all the same paraphernalia and knickknacks lying around.

A 3-D projection of Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore greets the guests for their planned lecture from the ghost Professor Bins on the history of Hogwarts — after all, "today" (or every day in the Wizarding World) is the "first" day Muggles are being allowed to tour Hogwarts.

Guests then walk into the Defense Against Dark Arts classroom, with a skeleton of a dragon hanging from the ceiling while a chalkboard with a Dementors and "Expecto Patronum" lesson sits at the front of the room. Harry, Ron and Hermione appear in the back of the classroom from under an invisibility cloak and convince visitors to skip the lecture and go see a Quidditch tournament instead.

Visitors are supposed to meet Hermione in the Room of Requirement, but have to walk past the animated portrait of the Fat Lady and through Gryffindor common room in order to do so. There are three moving paintings in this room: one of a Quidditch player, one of an etiquette teacher and one of a professor who explains in magical terms how the ride portion of Forbidden Journey will work. Here guests who don't wish to ride the attraction but wanted to see the castle can leave if they wish.

The tour ends in the Gryffindor common room, though the Sorting Hat and Room of Requirement are still ahead. It is in the Room of Requirement that guests can get on the ride, described as a "magically enchanted bench," and see various beloved scenes from the series. Universal would not share the details of how this portion would work, instead saying they would prefer to maintain a "magical" element to the ride.

The entire experience of the queue and ride are expected to be around an hour, Coup said, though to him "time stands still when you're in there." He said he always loved the stories and would read the books and show the movies to his son when he was growing up.

so from that we learn there is 3 lines, singles, regular and express, the express is a different line and misses most of the queue and has a separate gallery

Last edited:
I have started my countdown to when I get to the Wizarding World. I kept checking this site from my phone (when it wasn't down) on my way home. I can't log in from my phone (b/c it has issues) but I am able to browse. My brother said the Universal site kept crashing on him when he was trying to look something up.

Last edited:
you can see in the jax video that the projection of Dumbledore is playing whereas in the press pic the projector is off

14jw19d.jpg

_DSC4441bLR.jpg

Well, looks I'm done using this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed information and rumors about WWoHP because it definitely made these months of speculation fun for all of us. I hope everyone enjoys the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, good bye!

Well, looks I'm done using this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed information and rumors about WWoHP because it definitely made these months of speculation fun for all of us. I hope everyone enjoys the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, good bye!

Good bye! Just hope you keep posting on other threads.

Has there been any news on soft openings and any such truth to the fact that only those who purchased the WWOHP packages can gain access? If this is true - I'm really dissapointed because they advertised Spring 2010 and we booked well in advance last July when these were not offered. For dates 21st-14th June.

Woah so much happening today, just caught up lol. The projection screen in Dumbledore's office looks slightly odd, is it meant to be like a moving portrait?
Just as a quick question, so is the general consensus that the Apr 9th soft opening day is false now? Cos that would really suck since im in orlando 6-20th Apr. Anybody got a clue as to what my chances are at seeing anything?

Yes yes & yes I'm so glad MTV mentioned a single rider line. As far as the hr. long experience think about it as like 4 to 5 pre shows where a certain number of people will go in at a time. You will also have the option to stay in that room if your not done looking at it yet. Also I am not going to argue about the May packages including all day exclusive access to the area it's not worth my time. Let's just say that the folks on the phone only really know so much & there is not a chance your package will be upgraded to all day exclusive access just because of a date change because this in turn would NOT be whats listed on your package it's just that simple. All it will be is that you will be able to enter IoA an hr. before the normal opening time & have that area (& Cat in The Hat) to yourself than when the park opens THE PARK OPENS & other guests will be able to join you in whatever area you may be in.

The projection screen in Dumbledore's office looks slightly odd, is it meant to be like a moving portrait?

It's a 3d projection, like that in Disaster Studios

Basically you wont be watching a video, but rather it will look like he is actually standing up there talking to you.

Yes yes & yes I'm so glad MTV mentioned a single rider line. As far as the hr. long experience think about it as like 4 to 5 pre shows where a certain number of people will go in at a time. You will also have the option to stay in that room if your not done looking at it yet. Also I am not going to argue about the May packages including all day exclusive access to the area it's not worth my time. Let's just say that the folks on the phone only really know so much & there is not a chance your package will be upgraded to all day exclusive access just because of a date change because this in turn would NOT be whats listed on your package it's just that simple. All it will be is that you will be able to enter IoA an hr. before the normal opening time & have that area (& Cat in The Hat) to yourself than when the park opens THE PARK OPENS & other guests will be able to join you in whatever area you may be in.

I was thinking the same thing. I've been to Universal many times, and I just can't see them making the park open exclusively to the people who bought those packages. I know that the people who answer phone calls do try to say what they think you want to hear if they are unsure of what the right answer is at that time. (That goes for pretty much any company.)

Has there been any news on soft openings and any such truth to the fact that only those who purchased the WWOHP packages can gain access? If this is true - I'm really dissapointed because they advertised Spring 2010 and we booked well in advance last July when these were not offered. For dates 21st-14th June.

You'll be fine if the package people get in anyone who is at the park will be able to get in. The package only includes 1 hr. of exclusive time before the park opens no matter what Universal may say on the phone to some people. As far as general softs & that April 9th date who knows? I don't expect that date to hold up UNLESS everything we can see is done including small details (like the menu being placed) & TMs & maybe even passholders already have had preview dates.

I was thinking the same thing. I've been to Universal many times, and I just can't see them making the park open exclusively to the people who bought those packages. I know that the people who answer phone calls do try to say what they think you want to hear if they are unsure of what the right answer is at that time. (That goes for pretty much any company.)

Exactly I've called many times to guest services at both UO & WDW where they are very misinformed or simply have no clue what they are talking about. (sorry to anyone who works there that does know what they are talking about) Giving the package people the area for the entire day is basically like them renting out the place for a private party.(which they would never do during normal park hrs. that's why the HP convention thing is after hrs.)

Exactly I've called many times to guest services at both UO & WDW where they are very misinformed or simply have no clue what they are talking about. (sorry to anyone who works there that does know what they are talking about) Giving the package people the area for the entire day is basically like them renting out the place for a private party.(which they would never do during normal park hrs. that's why the HP convention thing is after hrs.)

Yea, I tend to not believe everything Customer Services tells me. No matter what company, some people, not necessarily all but definitely some people are misinformed or do not know anything so they make up what may seem plausible to them.