The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Hits the nail on the head. To shed a little more light on the issue - when highly competitive jobs come around contractors have been known to actually bid less than they need to cover their costs. This ensures they have one of the lowest bids. They then try to recoup losses based on change orders (an amendment to the contract that adds to the contractor's responsibilities in exchanger for additional compensation from the owner). They will nitpick ANYTHING that was not explicitly stated in the contract and nickle-and-dime the owner to death. Conversely, the owner tries to write the contract such that they can force the contractor to eat any and all unexpected costs that come up. This gets REALLY bad in government jobs where the lowest bid must be accepted. Both sides (contractor and funding agency) hire teams of lawyers from the get-go in anticipation of the contractual arguments to come.

This sort of scenario can see the contractor go under if they don't have large cash reserves and the owner wins the legal battles. It can also result in the contractor walking away if they have won the legal battle (ie - their contract is fulfilled) and the owner won't pay for the change orders.

Note that I know nothing about the business practices of UO or their contractors. I'm just pointing out things I've seen in other industries.

This is very accurate to what is going on. The one scenario that I have heard Uni pulling is the deadline game... shotcrete will be in place by this date.... Nassal goes beyond said date. Uni says there are penalties for that. Nassal says, well it was a projected three week job and the plumbing was overdue by two weeks. We couldn't start until the plumbing was in place. Uni says too bad... then all of the above ensues...

On another topic...

Anyone ever hear of "The Magic Neep"?

Last edited:
Page 275, add the first locked thread makes this page 1000 collectively. Thanks for eveyones efforts it has been an interesting ride!! :)

I love how people only show up on this thread to complain and never type again for weeks.

I thought it would be neat if we see dementors coming at us from afar and then one flies up from bottom to top slowly with it's hooded robe fluttering slowly in front of us whilst sucking our souls out. I think the shock of seeing it come up and then pause in front of us momentarily would be most frightening...because instead of just popping out and then going away you're forced to stare at it, and then you look to close and you see it's horrible mouth.:look:

--- Update ---

I didn't realise that I wasn't allowed to express my opinions, and particularly didn't realise that doing so meant that I thought I had some sort of authority here. As someone who hasn't posted here before (I believe), too many boards and threads), thanks for the warm welcome. I didn't realise outsiders weren't wanted.

I think it's because one of your first posts had something to do with dogging the only source who gives real information that is of interest.

I love how people only show up on this thread to complain and never type again for weeks.

I thought it would be neat if we see dementors coming at us from afar and then one flies up from bottom to top slowly with it's hooded robe fluttering slowly in front of us whilst sucking our souls out. I think the shock of seeing it come up and then pause in front of us momentarily would be most frightening...because instead of just popping out and then going away you're forced to stare at it, and then you look to close and you see it's horrible mouth.:look:

Very detailed encounter. I'd really like to see it happen especially when people next to me, who have no idea what's going on, scream and I just laugh at them. :lol:

Bang, bang.... bang!.... bang bang bang!!! Blows smoke off the end of both revolvers. Ladies and Gentleman... I present you... "The Magic Neep"

Picture5.jpg

Last edited:
Although i do really like crazyidea's ermm idea (LOL) i couldn't see it happening due to time limitations :(

Yeah..well if the scene is only like 10 seconds we could enter the scene see the "army of dementors" , then have the big daddy show up do his thing on his own arm so that if another car enters the room it can reset by going down and then back into position..IDK this ride would be hella scary if I made it haha

Teebin is the neep that snowman? Or a restaurant?

Bang, bang.... bang!.... bang bang bang!!! Blows smoke off the end of both revolvers. Ladies and Gentleman... I present you... "The Magic Neep"

Picture5.jpg

So is the Magic Neep a restaurant or just the snowman? Cuz I see a door behind the snowman. Is the snowman gonna be an AA? Maybe even like the Enchanted Fountain?

How many people are going to ask the question on if its the snowman or the building behind it! Wait until Teebin resonds. Patience is a virtue.

EDIT: If you were to ask me, All my bets are on the owl on the snowman's arm. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, thats not confusing at all. Is it in the building behind the snowman, or is it the snowman itself?

The entire building is "The Magic Neep". A good friend pointed out that it was named this on building records over a year ago... added fact... the building is larger in floorspace that Dervish and Ollivander's combined. What it is for is up for conjecture... but it isn't a restaurant.... but it does have to do with food and beverage of some kind.

The entire building is "The Magic Neep". A good friend pointed out that it was named this on building records over a year ago... added fact... the building is larger in floorspace that Dervish and Ollivander's combined. What it is for is up for conjecture... but it isn't a restaurant.... but it does have to do with food and beverage of some kind.

So if its not a resturant and it sells food and beverages. What is it? Hmmmmm...

Oh, I know! A Diner. Its not just a resturant... Its a DINER! :lol:

Does anyone think there is even a chance of FJ being open in time for the May 28 package holders? We aren't package holders, but we booked our trip way back last summer before we knew anything about the dates and are going to be there May 27 - 29. I'm just praying that it will be up and running but after reading the posts on here, it seems like it's not very likely. If anyone visits in the next couple weeks and has any info on FJ, please post it right away. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.